Bittersweet Day

Options
2»

Comments

• Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Hey, Lili
    Well, I'm here a day after your diagnosis anniversary. Yes, we survivors KNOW this date is truly cause for celebration. Yet, I believe many of us here can totally understand the somewhat disturbing "funk" you describe (almost 6 years for me now, and I become what I like to describe as "quietly introspective" - hows that?).

Nevertheless, I send to you my most sincere and heartfelt survivor anniversary congratulations!

Yeah, that nasty little devil gets ONE MINUTE - no more than that! Then, the Angel of Hope punches him in the nose, knocks him right off your shoulder! :-)

Thank YOU, Lili, for being here with and for us.

Kind regards, Susan
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Lili
    Congrats on your anniversary, even though it brought that lil devil out for one minute. Well, you just kick him away and remember that you survived and will continue to survive!

We all love you and aspire to be as kind and thoughtful as you are to others on here. I hope you know that!

Have a good day Lili!
  • Jadie
    Jadie Member Posts: 723
    Options
    Lili
    I'm sending a big cyber hug your way. Hope you are having a better day today.

(((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))

Jadie
  • Jan_M
    Jan_M Member Posts: 116
    Options
    Jadie said:

Lili
    I'm sending a big cyber hug your way. Hope you are having a better day today.

(((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))

Jadie

Maybe we should start an
    Maybe we should start an anniversary page with month and year. It would give us alot of hope.
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    chenheart said:

Perfect!!!!!
    Lili~ You just made up THE CUTEST word!!! I think it describes perfectly what so many of us are going through...and if I may, I would like to use it for the title of my next book. ( yes, I have areeady written one)

I absolutley adore that instead of Milestone, you wrote Mild Stones! I have a story in mind already...Life throws us things, but depending on who we are, and how we react, they can indeed be Mild Stones! Do you mind, Lili????

I love you!

Hugs,
    Claudia

Claudia, somehow I knew that
    Claudia, somehow I knew that you would be the one to pick up on the word. Because after all, we are always ducking the mild stones that are thrown our way.

Thank you all for making me feel so much better. Only my sisters and brother in pink, can understand what an emotional journey this has been. Love you all, Lili
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    Alexis F said:

Hi Lili! I hope that you
    Hi Lili! I hope that you get to feeling better soon. That is a great picture of you and your husband, I assume! Put that smile back on your face like you have in the picture! ok?

Yes Alexis, that's my hubby
    Yes Alexis, that's my hubby and my rock. And the smile is back on. I guess we all need to sit on that pitty potty every now and then, but I did jump right back up with all of your help. Thanks, Lili
  • dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    Options
    Jan_M said:

Maybe we should start an
    Maybe we should start an anniversary page with month and year. It would give us alot of hope.

I like that idea
    I like that idea Jan....course mine would only be like 2 1/2 months!LOL!
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Jan_M said:

Maybe we should start an

Jan-M: AWESOME IDEA!
    Just like recent ones about where we all live, and our gardens...

Since it's your fabulous idea - why don't you start the thread!

I'll be looking for it... Can't wait, almost six years for me!

Kind regards, Susan
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    So sorry Lili that you were
    So sorry Lili that you were in a funk, but, so happy that you are out of it now. Yes, we all tend to, unfortunately, get into it every now and then. I think it is just a part of having the diagnosis of bc. But, as you see, we come out of it with a smile on our faces! Feel better always Lili!