2»

Comments

• Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    austingrl said:

Still waiting
    Congrats, Kit;

I am still waiting, and I am starting to get a little agitated. I will call in the morning if they haven't called back. I completely understand what you mean when they don't want to do the MRI. It seems you have to be very persistent to get them to go the extra mile, just to be sure. Glad it was benign, by the way! Stay on 'em if for some reason something doesn't feel quite right:)

Kit1018 & austingrl...
    austingril - Sorry you're still waiting. Yes, good idea to try again in the morning, if you don't get a call back today. Please do keep us informed. Still hoping to celebrate with you.

To both of you re: requesting MRIs - In no way do I mean any offense: in fact, I strongly encourage you - and everyone - to always push forward and be your own best health care advocate. However, some times it's not merely a doctor's reluctance. Most of the time, they know what your insurance will and will not pay for. Might be helpful to find out.

Best wishes to you both.

Kind regards, Susan
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Options
    Kit1018 said:

I had to call the docs to
    I had to call the docs to remind them to call me it seems. The nurse called and said that the Dr. looked at the report and said that there were no a-typical cells so that its benign. The right one looks as though its a fibroadnoma but they arent sure what the left one is, but that its benign. Which is great, I asked about the breast MRI and they said that instead of the mammo in 6 months that they will do the MRI. I asked about one for now because 1. for added piece of mind that they biopsied the right thing on the left. 2. Because I just want to be 100%. She said she didnt understand as to why I want one because it will just show these lumps, almost like whats the point is how she was sounding. I dont know maybe I'm being stupid but I just want to make sure. This is my 2nd yr with this and they are sure that they are new growths especially on the left. I will see what the doc says.
    Do you think I should just let it be? Maybe I am not making sense and should just listen to the docs and wait 6 months for the recheck.

I'm happy to hear about your
    I'm happy to hear about your good results but I can certainly understand why you would want an MRI now to be sure. While they say there are no "atypical cells" they also don't seem to be sure of what it is. "The right one looks as though" and "they aren't sure what the left one is", isn't language that instills confidence even though it is likely nothing to be concerned about. For myself I try to follow my gut feelings so if your gut is telling you to go further then "go" you should. Good Luck to you and let us know how you make out.

jan
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    Kit1018 said:

thankyou
    I have an appt with

thankyou
    I have an appt with him this week. I'm just not sure if I should be persistant or not.
    I should be exstatic, and I am, but just want to be cautious, I am probably just worrying for no reason.
    I hope you all know how much I have apprecaited all of your guys prayers and insight. Thankyou for being there when I needed someone to talk to. If I can help any of you all just let me know.
    Your friend,
    Julianne

Happy for you
    Kit, this is great news, and I thrilled for you. Talk to the doc. about the MRI. I think the nurse might have meant that the MRI would only show the (benign) lumps that they already know are there. I assume that you are worried that there are other growths that the mammogram didn't catch? I think an MRI in 6 months is reasonable, but I also understand your need to be 100% sure. The problem is that there is no 100%. In a way, we all have to be satisfied with a little uncertainty. But, your request is certainly not unreasonable. I would ask the doctor what information an MRI could add to your situation and stress that you are concerned given your past history of suspicious findings.

But still, I am happy you got a B9 result! That is something to celebrate, indeed.
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    austingrl said:

Still waiting
    Congrats, Kit;

I am still waiting, and I am starting to get a little agitated. I will call in the morning if they haven't called back. I completely understand what you mean when they don't want to do the MRI. It seems you have to be very persistent to get them to go the extra mile, just to be sure. Glad it was benign, by the way! Stay on 'em if for some reason something doesn't feel quite right:)

Hope you find out soon!
    We're waiting with you, Austingrl. Hope you find out really soon! Most likely it's good news.
  • Kit1018
    Kit1018 Member Posts: 48
    Options

Kit1018 & austingrl...
    austingril - Sorry you're still waiting. Yes, good idea to try again in the morning, if you don't get a call back today. Please do keep us informed. Still hoping to celebrate with you.

To both of you re: requesting MRIs - In no way do I mean any offense: in fact, I strongly encourage you - and everyone - to always push forward and be your own best health care advocate. However, some times it's not merely a doctor's reluctance. Most of the time, they know what your insurance will and will not pay for. Might be helpful to find out.

Best wishes to you both.

Kind regards, Susan

Thankyou for your responses
    AustinGirl, I hope that you hear about your biopsy soon. The waiting sucks. I am praying for great results for you. How are you feeling today?

My doctor gave the okay for me to have the breast MRI. They dont want me to wear my hormone patch for about 30 days prior, but my GYN said that it wouldnt be good for my health to do that. So I will call breast health to schedule it sooner than what they were going to set it up for.
  • Jan_M
    Jan_M Member Posts: 116
    Options
    austingrl said:

Just curious
    Mimi;

I have always thought that the biopsy was the end of the line when determining whether what is in your breast is cancer. I have never had a breast MRI, although I have been asking about them this past year, and was wondering, what would it would show that a boipsy wouldn't?
    Thanks!

Anita

An MRI is more sensitive. I
    An MRI is more sensitive. I had one and it picked up a small area that was not seen on the regular mammogram or ultrasound. It turned out to be a false reading.
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Options
    Kit1018 said:

I had to call the docs to
    I had to call the docs to remind them to call me it seems. The nurse called and said that the Dr. looked at the report and said that there were no a-typical cells so that its benign. The right one looks as though its a fibroadnoma but they arent sure what the left one is, but that its benign. Which is great, I asked about the breast MRI and they said that instead of the mammo in 6 months that they will do the MRI. I asked about one for now because 1. for added piece of mind that they biopsied the right thing on the left. 2. Because I just want to be 100%. She said she didnt understand as to why I want one because it will just show these lumps, almost like whats the point is how she was sounding. I dont know maybe I'm being stupid but I just want to make sure. This is my 2nd yr with this and they are sure that they are new growths especially on the left. I will see what the doc says.
    Do you think I should just let it be? Maybe I am not making sense and should just listen to the docs and wait 6 months for the recheck.

You got good news Kit, so, I
    You got good news Kit, so, I am so happy for you! Yet, if it were me, I would want the MRI, just to calm my own fears and questions. Who cares what the nurse thinks or even the doctor for that matter. This is your life, your peace of mind, not theirs. Good luck Kit!