johnnybegood

Options
Nana b
Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Regarding your question on the hands. I had to go off of chemo after my 6 treatment in prepraration for a liver resecction so my hands never peeled. They were back to normal a momth after I stopped chemo. I start chemo on Wednesday to finish off my 6 months, so jeez hope they don't peel this time around. I know I don't look forward to the purple hands again.

I buoght a couple wigs last week and wouldn't you know my hair seems to have stopped falling out this weekend. I also have about 1/4 inch of hair growth, and it's all grey, what is up with that!

:-)

Comments

• johnnybegood
    johnnybegood Member Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    thanks
    for your reply.my hands seem to have gotten better but guess what i go for #7 tuesday so it will start up again. i just hate for my family and friends to see me like this but hubby says i cant stay home all the time ,guess he is right.well good luck to you i have a full week,tomarrow i go to louisville to get my first cat scan since starting the oxy and 5fu then go see my surgen hopefully for th results.then on tuesday i go for #7 then i will probably crash for the rest of the week.take care and Godbless.....johnnybegood
  • Nana b
    Options
    I know what you mean....
    Let us know how it goes with you scan, I wish you the best of news.

I know what you mean about the hands, makes you want to just sit on them. We have to be so strong with all the visable side affects, as well as the internal ones! I talk with my hands and always felt that people would just stare, but most didn't.

Hugs!
  • bdee
    bdee Member Posts: 304
    Options
    Nana b said:

I know what you mean....
    Let us know how it goes with you scan, I wish you the best of news.

I know what you mean about the hands, makes you want to just sit on them. We have to be so strong with all the visable side affects, as well as the internal ones! I talk with my hands and always felt that people would just stare, but most didn't.

Hugs!

Hands
    It is funny, but with all of the other side affects the peeling hands didn't bother me at all. Now my feet, that's another matter. After five two a week treatments and five weeks of no chemo, my feet started to peel. The heels were the worse and got pretty tender after the whole heel peeled off. I guess pedicures are out for a while. LOL

Debbie
  • johnnybegood
    Options
    bdee said:

Hands
    It is funny, but with all of the other side affects the peeling hands didn't bother me at all. Now my feet, that's another matter. After five two a week treatments and five weeks of no chemo, my feet started to peel. The heels were the worse and got pretty tender after the whole heel peeled off. I guess pedicures are out for a while. LOL

Debbie

good news
    on my ct scan there was no evidence of any thing but the bad news is im still going to continue the chemo.the way we see it better safe than sorry.i will go for #7 tomarrow i guess i will take it as it comes and fight with all my might Godbless....johnnybegood
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options

good news
    on my ct scan there was no evidence of any thing but the bad news is im still going to continue the chemo.the way we see it better safe than sorry.i will go for #7 tomarrow i guess i will take it as it comes and fight with all my might Godbless....johnnybegood

Wonderful!
    Yay for excellent scan results!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • VickiCO
    VickiCO Member Posts: 917
    Options

good news

Good News Indeed!
    I am so happy for you. My last scan was clear also, but I continued chemo. The 'what ifs' down the road are what decided it for me. I don't ever want to look back and say I didn't give it my all.

Keep fighting, Sweetie! Vicki
  • johnnybegood
    Options
    VickiCO said:

Good News Indeed!
    I am so happy for you. My last scan was clear also, but I continued chemo. The 'what ifs' down the road are what decided it for me. I don't ever want to look back and say I didn't give it my all.

Keep fighting, Sweetie! Vicki

thanks
    to all.vicki thats what my surgen and i discussed yesterday.he said because of my age[44]that i could still live another 30 to 40 years so as long as i can take it i will do it.im down to 99lbs so i have got to get on the ball and find something i can eat that has a taste.everyone have a good day i know i wont.here i come #7 Godbless......johnnybegood
  • tiny one
    tiny one Member Posts: 465 Member
    Options

thanks
    to all.vicki thats what my surgen and i discussed yesterday.he said because of my age[44]that i could still live another 30 to 40 years so as long as i can take it i will do it.im down to 99lbs so i have got to get on the ball and find something i can eat that has a taste.everyone have a good day i know i wont.here i come #7 Godbless......johnnybegood

weight
    My weight has always been under 100. I weigh a whopping 85 pounds. I'm only 4 ft 11 inches tall. Hope you have a better day. For me Gardening keeps the blues away.
  • bdee
    bdee Member Posts: 304
    Options

thanks

Eating
    Isn't it awful to not be able to eat??? I went five months without putting a bite of solid food in my mouth. I stayed alive by eating yogurt, drinking smoothies (when I could drink cold) and eating clear soups. I have a some real good recipes for clear soups, if you would like them. It didn't help me gain back any weight, I'm still losing, but I started small and now I can eat chicken wings, ribs and mac and cheese. I'm so excited about that because I'm finally eating protein. I'll be on my 8th treatment next Tuesday.

Good luck,
    Debbie
  • Nana b
    Options
    bdee said:

Eating
    Isn't it awful to not be able to eat??? I went five months without putting a bite of solid food in my mouth. I stayed alive by eating yogurt, drinking smoothies (when I could drink cold) and eating clear soups. I have a some real good recipes for clear soups, if you would like them. It didn't help me gain back any weight, I'm still losing, but I started small and now I can eat chicken wings, ribs and mac and cheese. I'm so excited about that because I'm finally eating protein. I'll be on my 8th treatment next Tuesday.

Good luck,
    Debbie

Awesome
    Great news on the scan!!

Eating....when I was on chemo

I could actully eat cheese quesdillas made with provolone cheese and corn tortillas, a bit of butter and salt on the outside, throw in a skillet to get crispy. Great to nibble on. I used corn tortillas because I don't like to eat too many flour tortillas, not that I had too much to worry about, I lost 25 lbs, after my diagnosis.

Out of desperation for me, my sister was at her house one day and was thinking, what can I do for her, she has to eat. So she fried up some potatoes, put them in a flour tortilla and, WOW, I was surprised that I could eat them. I could actually taste them.

Now that I am starting up chemo again, It's good for me to remember what I could eat, when I got to the no taste stage.

Take care!
  • angelsbaby
    angelsbaby Member Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Nana b said:

Awesome
    Great news on the scan!!

Eating....when I was on chemo

I could actully eat cheese quesdillas made with provolone cheese and corn tortillas, a bit of butter and salt on the outside, throw in a skillet to get crispy. Great to nibble on. I used corn tortillas because I don't like to eat too many flour tortillas, not that I had too much to worry about, I lost 25 lbs, after my diagnosis.

Out of desperation for me, my sister was at her house one day and was thinking, what can I do for her, she has to eat. So she fried up some potatoes, put them in a flour tortilla and, WOW, I was surprised that I could eat them. I could actually taste them.

Now that I am starting up chemo again, It's good for me to remember what I could eat, when I got to the no taste stage.

Take care!

Good news
    That is aswsome Chemo is helping that is great

michelle
  • maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member
    Options

Good news
    That is aswsome Chemo is helping that is great

michelle

good work
    ahhhhhh such good news with your scan....hang in their sweetie and get eating! I could send my extra 25 pounds I have put on with chemo:):)

~mags~