Tamoxifen effects may be wiped out by Paxil, Prozac, or Zoloft~ so reports a new cancer study!!!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Noel said:

Curious
    Is it better, so to speak, to be er pr neg or er pr post? I thought someone said that the negative was a more aggressive cancer. Is that true? Anyone know?

Better or Worse
    Not sure that one is exactly "better" than the other, of course, but some think that at least with ER+ BC, one can take estrogen blockers...

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

Better or Worse
    Not sure that one is exactly "better" than the other, of course, but some think that at least with ER+ BC, one can take estrogen blockers...

Hugs,
    Claudia

Thanks for this Claudia. I
    Thanks for this Claudia. I think Mimi posted this awhile back too.
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options

Thanks for this Claudia. I
    Thanks for this Claudia. I think Mimi posted this awhile back too.

Delayed it
    I have delayed taking tamox and may not take it at all. It is a confusing and scary drug. And, several women on here took tamox for years and still got a recurrance. That makes you wonder besides the uterine/ovarian cancer, blood clots and other risks it carries. Treatment of bc can be so hard and confusing, can't it?

Kylez ♥
  • dogfriend
    dogfriend Member Posts: 1
    Options
    tamoxifen and celexa
    Hi Claudia,
    I've been investigating this recently too. A good friend alerted me to the interaction of tamoxifen and the celexa that I've taken for years for anxiety and OCD. I had my mastectomy in June 09' and started tamoxifen 3 weeks later. My family doctor who prescribes my Celexa switched me to Effexor per my request after reading these studies. I've read the side effects and am afraid to make the switch now. I've also been reading the new studies out and wonder if I should contact my oncologist to see how the tamoxifen is metabolizing. What do you all think?

Keep the Faith!
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    dogfriend said:

tamoxifen and celexa
    Hi Claudia,
    I've been investigating this recently too. A good friend alerted me to the interaction of tamoxifen and the celexa that I've taken for years for anxiety and OCD. I had my mastectomy in June 09' and started tamoxifen 3 weeks later. My family doctor who prescribes my Celexa switched me to Effexor per my request after reading these studies. I've read the side effects and am afraid to make the switch now. I've also been reading the new studies out and wonder if I should contact my oncologist to see how the tamoxifen is metabolizing. What do you all think?

Keep the Faith!

Hi! You probably should
    Hi! You probably should talk to your oncologist. Some women don't even metabolize tamox and therefore take the risks for nothing. Let us know what you find out. Good luck!

Sue :)