After treatment

Options
EveningStar2
EveningStar2 Member Posts: 491 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Several ladies have mentioned feeling a little lost after treatment ends and I can appreciate that since I finished April 10. Have I got a plan for you! Accept a job several states away and move with 3 humans and 4 cats! The movers/packer were here all day yesterday--those guys work--and will be here in an hour to finish up. Then we are homeless after I turn over the keys tomorrow. I will have quarters on the 12th, hopefully. In the mean time I just may lose my mind! The cats, however, are hilarious. I put harnesses on them with their rabies tag and a "lost" tag and they keep trying to back out of them or lick them off. Neither works very well. I think the youngest has PTST (I got her from the humane society) because she is freaking out. She slept right next to me last night, as did one of the others, so I was the middle of a cat sandwich. Normally, they ignore us at night.

So I'm going to be in and out for the next few weeks.

Maureen

Comments

• austingrl
    austingrl Member Posts: 45
    Options
    Your kitties
    Your babies are gorgeous, I love the picture. I have meezer, and what a talker she is. I bet you don't get a moment's peace with FOUR of them:)
  • EveningStar2
    Options
    austingrl said:

Your kitties
    Your babies are gorgeous, I love the picture. I have meezer, and what a talker she is. I bet you don't get a moment's peace with FOUR of them:)

talking
    Actually, they are quiet. The seal point will bawl for food but otherwise is pretty quiet. The flame point is a big boy with a baby voice and the lilac point squeaks. I haven't heard a real meow from her yet--we adopted her from the SPCA about 1.5 years ago. The fourth cat is a tortie who was a barn cat. I'm convinced that the latter have PTSD and are not happy about all this. But you do what you can.

Oh, I forgot the "lost in the house". You know, where they stomp around and yowl in the middle of the night for some unknown reason? The seal point & flame point, both fixed males, do that.

Maureen
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you and yours, Maureen
    I'm glad everything is moving along for you, towards your new job and home in a new location. I hope you love everything about your new life.

Keep in touch when you can.

Best wishes to you.

Kind regards, Susan
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options

Best of luck to you and yours, Maureen
    I'm glad everything is moving along for you, towards your new job and home in a new location. I hope you love everything about your new life.

Keep in touch when you can.

Best wishes to you.

Kind regards, Susan

Wow Maureen, that really
    Wow Maureen, that really sounds exciting. A new job, a new place. Good luck to you and don't forget us!
  • EveningStar2
    Options
    Kylez said:

Wow Maureen, that really
    Wow Maureen, that really sounds exciting. A new job, a new place. Good luck to you and don't forget us!

I'm sitting in the
    extended stay hotel reading the board! We are now officially homeless--turned over the keys yesterday. 3 humans, 4 cats and 2 cars on the road until we get quarters on the 12th. Hopefully.

Maureen
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options

I'm sitting in the
    extended stay hotel reading the board! We are now officially homeless--turned over the keys yesterday. 3 humans, 4 cats and 2 cars on the road until we get quarters on the 12th. Hopefully.

Maureen

wow
    Good luck with that Maureen! Hope you have lots of kitty litter!

quicklitter Pictures, Images and Photos

Cat