Biopsies this morn

Options
Kit1018
Kit1018 Member Posts: 48
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I am home resting at the moment. The lab didnt have my order in place so there was running around with that, but I finally got my pt/inr drawn. They biopsied both breast as planned. They found the solid mass on the right side pretty easily and got I think 5 pieces of that one, then they inserted a ribbion marker. Then they moved on to the left breast they had a harder time finding that area/solid mass. They biopsied an mass there and took about 3 samples, they then inserted another ribbion marker and again held pressure. They then did a mammo gave me instructions wrapped me up pretty tight and sent us on our way. The doc thinks the right looks more benign but the left is differently shaped so he isn't positive. I think that I am going to ask the doc about getting a breast mri just to be positive that nothing is missed. I asked the doc if he has returning patients like me with the lumps returning and he said no especially at my age. He also suggested that with all the health problems I have had this year that I go some place like the mayo to figure it out.
They let my hubby come back with me, they were super nice and remembered me from last year.
I should find out in 2-3 days, with today being friday I should get results monday.
I am sore, I took my last tylnex (s/p) after my appt and a valium before. No showers until Sunday, so I am calling my GYN to see when I can take a bath after the hysterectomy.

Comments

• Kit1018
    Options
    GYN's nurse called back and
    GYN's nurse called back and said that bath's are okay so I think I will take a nice one tonight.
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    So glad that you are home
    So glad that you are home now Kit, as, I know you are. I know you had a very long day from your posting. And, so happy that they let your husband come back with you. That always makes us feel so much better, doesn't it? I am sure that you are sore Kit. Just take your pain meds and try to rest. I will be praying for you still and hoping for those good results on Monday. Welcome back Kit!
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options
    Noel said:

So glad that you are home
    So glad that you are home now Kit, as, I know you are. I know you had a very long day from your posting. And, so happy that they let your husband come back with you. That always makes us feel so much better, doesn't it? I am sure that you are sore Kit. Just take your pain meds and try to rest. I will be praying for you still and hoping for those good results on Monday. Welcome back Kit!

Glad your its over for ya.
    Glad your its over for ya. Take it easy, don't lift anything bigger than a book today. Enjoy your bath.
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Kit1018 said:

GYN's nurse called back and
    GYN's nurse called back and said that bath's are okay so I think I will take a nice one tonight.

Hi, Kit1018
    Glad you're home, it's done. You seem fairly comfortable, looking forward to a nice warm bath. Try to enjoy your weekend, relax.

Continued hopes & prayers your way for the best possible results.

Kind regards, Susan
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    I bet it is good to be home
    I bet it is good to be home now. Just enjoy your weekend and we will all pray for good results for you. Thanks for letting us know!
  • Kit1018
    Options
    Alexis F said:

I bet it is good to be home
    I bet it is good to be home now. Just enjoy your weekend and we will all pray for good results for you. Thanks for letting us know!

it is good to be home but
    it is good to be home but boy are they starting to hurt
    the wrap seems too tight, I am going to have to rest a little more. This year hurts more than last year I think.
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    Kit1018 said:

it is good to be home but
    it is good to be home but boy are they starting to hurt
    the wrap seems too tight, I am going to have to rest a little more. This year hurts more than last year I think.

MRI
    Kit, glad you made it thru (I know it stinks having to endure it). I think the Breast MRI is a great idea. I whole heartly believe in them since mine found cancer that was missed on other test. Take it easy as much as possible & know that tomorrow will feel a bit better as each day there after!! :) Pammy
  • austingrl
    austingrl Member Posts: 45
    Options
    Good luck
    Hey, Kit;

Glad you got that part behind you. I wish you luck with the results.

P.S. You mentioned a ribbon. Is that similar to a clip? or the same thing?
  • Kit1018
    Options
    austingrl said:

Good luck
    Hey, Kit;

Glad you got that part behind you. I wish you luck with the results.

P.S. You mentioned a ribbon. Is that similar to a clip? or the same thing?

I think it is
    It is this little marker in the shape of a ribbion really tiny. They leave in the place they biopsied so when I have scans they can watch the area. They put the sam thing in last year but during my lumpectomy they must have taken it out.
    Did they show you the clip before they put it in? Other than pressure I didnt feel it go in. They had injected my breast with 2 different forms of lidocain 1 was fast acting and the other long lasting.
    They were super nice and my hubby and the lady who was in there with the docs last year were rubbing my legs during the parts that hurt.

The weird thing is that on my left breast the lump was around the outer part of my nipple but where the marker showed up on the mammo it was lower than that. Which is one of the reasons as to why I am going to push for the breast MRI.I'm hoping the doctor will order it. I have an appt with him this week I believe but I am definately calling Monday. I think last year I actually called the path place in the hospital to get results lol I really didnt want to wait.
  • Kit1018
    Options
    Kit1018 said:

I think it is
    It is this little marker in the shape of a ribbion really tiny. They leave in the place they biopsied so when I have scans they can watch the area. They put the sam thing in last year but during my lumpectomy they must have taken it out.
    Did they show you the clip before they put it in? Other than pressure I didnt feel it go in. They had injected my breast with 2 different forms of lidocain 1 was fast acting and the other long lasting.
    They were super nice and my hubby and the lady who was in there with the docs last year were rubbing my legs during the parts that hurt.

The weird thing is that on my left breast the lump was around the outer part of my nipple but where the marker showed up on the mammo it was lower than that. Which is one of the reasons as to why I am going to push for the breast MRI.I'm hoping the doctor will order it. I have an appt with him this week I believe but I am definately calling Monday. I think last year I actually called the path place in the hospital to get results lol I really didnt want to wait.

last year I think the path department made me wait though
    I wonder if I called the path department if they have it done if they would give me the results. Wouldnt hurt to try. I dont think they gave them to me last year but I did give them a call because last year I didnt like waiting lol who does right? The waiting game sucks. I think only the doc can give results but I'm going to try if I find out I will let you all know although more than likely they arent done yet because they did say the 2-3 day thing.

yep they said that I had to wait till Monday
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    Kit1018 said:

I wonder if I called the path department if they have it done if they would give me the results. Wouldnt hurt to try. I dont think they gave them to me last year but I did give them a call because last year I didnt like waiting lol who does right? The waiting game sucks. I think only the doc can give results but I'm going to try if I find out I will let you all know although more than likely they arent done yet because they did say the 2-3 day thing.

Kit
    The wait is the hardest! Let us know on Mon. I will be praying for good news.
    hugs
    jackie
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    Kit1018 said:

waiting is hard
    Waiting is hard especially when you want an answer now. Because it is the weekend it is a longer wait. Mine took a week after my mastectomy because they did special stains(FISH test) which will determine your treatment plan.

Special stains or tests should be done on every tissue sample. When my sister had her lumpectomy in 12/07 they never did it because they said her's was Atypical Ductal Hyperplasia. Now they can't go back and do the stainings.

I was diagnosed with DCIS(Ductal Carcinoma in Situ) with invasion in 12/08. I had a double mastectomy on 2/2/09 with tissue expanders put in place at the time of surgery. My path report stated PR-/ ER- HER2+ so if I had just had a lumpectomy which the first surgeon highly recommended I would have ended up having a double mastectomy in the long run.

From the time I was diagnosed(12/08/08) to the time of surgery(2/2/09) it was 2 months. I went for a second opinion in the middle of January and then decided to go with the recommendations from the second surgeon who only specialized in breast cancer.

Everyone time frame from time of diagnosis to surgery is different but seems like it is about two months. But from my second opinion to my surgery it was about 2-3 weeks.

Margo