questions about symptoms

Options
2fools4life
2fools4life Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Caregivers #1
my 39 year old husband has been having all kinds of problems and it seems as though the drs just keep pushing him off on another dr his grandfather passed first he had hip cancer then somewhere in his gi system....my husband has the same problems hips back legs head severe pain gi problems beleeding etc...hallucinations....massive weight loss approx 20 lbs a month he was over 200 lbs now 141 has lost all muscle is very very weak can barely get out of bed what kind of dr does he need even though he has many we are getting no where with them the family history seems like a major concern to me what test if any does anyone know of that we could request someone please help my husband of 22 years is withering away and i can't help him altough i have taken him and demanded i still get no answers

Comments

• terato
    terato Member Posts: 375
    Options
    A really good diagnostician seems in order.
    If there is a really good teaching hospital in your area, it will probably have physicians with a broad knowledge base capable of diagnosing and treating a variety of illnesses. It could be cancer, but it could be something else too. Only an experienced generalist can recognize and isolate symptoms.

If you are starting from square one, Google: teaching hospitals with the name of your town. Check out each of their web sites to learn if they have a physician recommendation phone number or web link. Contact them and explain your situation. Do this with each hospital until you get someone to set up an appointment.

Good luck!

Love and Courage!

Rick
  • soccerfreaks
    soccerfreaks Member Posts: 2,788 Member
    Options
    another idea
    terato (rick), as always, has provided some great ideas, but I would suggest that you seek an infectious disease doctor. These guys cover the gamut, as far as I can tell, and will recognize cancer if it is there, or something else, if it is something else. If they are good, they are not apt to jump to conclusions either. I had one involved in my last bout with cancer (for a staph infection) and he was the one who specialized in 'generalizing', if you will.

Best wishes to the two of you.

Take care,

Joe
  • 2fools4life
    2fools4life Member Posts: 2
    Options
    HAD APPT TODAY WITH
    HAD APPT TODAY WITH RHEUMATLOGIST THEY HAVE TOLD US FOR ALMOST TWO YEARS THE PAIN IS DUE TO ARTHRITIS DUE TO CROHN'S NOW HE HAS DONE ALL THE TESTS HE CAN DUE HE DOES NOT EVEN HAVE THE ARTHRITIS GENE SO THEY HAVE BEEN WRONG NOW I AM IN THE PROCESS OF TRYING TO FIND ANOTHER DR AS THIS ONE SAID WE WILL HAVE TO START ALL OVER WITH SOME KIND OF DR THAT CAN TAKE CARE OF THOSE KINDS OF TESTS BECAUSE THERE IS NO INFLAMATION IN HIS BODY AT ALL SO NOW I AM REALLY CONCERNED ABOUT THE POSSIBILITY OF BONE CANCER ETC DR SAID THERE IS A POSSIBILTY BUT SINCE HE DOES NOT DO THAT WE ARE STARTING ALL OVER SO PROBABLY WILL NOW BE SEVERAL MORE MONTHS IT TAKES FOREVER TO GET IN TO SOMEONE DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS WHAT THIS COULD BE NOW THAT WE KNOW FOR SURE IT IS NOT DUE TO ARTHRITIS I'M LOOKING AT IDEAS OF WHAT TO TEST FOR ESPECIALLY WITH THE FAMILY HISTORY I AM OPEN TO ANY ADVICE MY HUSBAND IS PRAYING FOR THE GOOD LORD TO JUST TAKE HIM HOME HE IS SO MISERABLE