much better today.

Options
labtech
labtech Member Posts: 37
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
hello friends,

great news!! i went to get another opinion today and also changed the place where i'll be having my treatments. i walked out feeling so much more confident in my plan. im starting AC on the 8th, can anyone tell me is it much more different than the tax and carbo as far as side affects? i have plenty of nausea meds and pain meds just in case. I have an ultrasound for monday and depending on the results i may have a surgery date soon.

Comments

• Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    Options
    Congratulations!
    Sometimes getting a second opinion pays really big dividends - and in your case it obviously did! You are clearly not the passive little sort who sits around and says "whatever" - not that there's any of that around here anyway - which will be a big support down the line. Best of luck with your new plan, and please keep everyone up to date with how it goes!
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    Good for You!
    Labtech, I am so proud of you. You took ownership of your own care and made the best choice for you. A great way to start your treatment journey.

I had all three drugs together--TAC-so I really can't differentiate among them and their side effects. Many others have received AC and T separately, so you will, I am sure, be getting lots of helpful responses.

Keep us updated on the ultrasound. My best to you.
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Yes, this is good news!
    No, GREAT news - as you stated! Confidence in your own medical care is half the battle. My own chemo was like Moopy's - so, hopefully, others will step forward to help and answer your questions.

Best wishes to you, labtech, for the best possible results.

Kind regards, Susan
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    What wonderful news labtech!
    It is very important that you feel confident about your treatment and that you have confidence in your team of doctors. I didn't have chemo so I can't help you out there, but, I wanted to say WTG in taking charge of your treatment. I am sure others will share with you their personal experiences with the chemo. We are here for you, anytime day or night!