Ginger

Options
Kat11
Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Some of you posted about taking ginger for nausea. Where do you get this ? Is it a pill ? Someone mentioned candy. Do you take it everyday ?

Comments

• phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Options
    Myself, I used crystallized
    Myself, I used crystallized ginger but then I got really turned off it. But not everyone does. I think you can get caps and there is a post on page 2 about ginger and chemo you might want to read that I posted. Apparently some good results. Good luck to you :)
    jan
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
    Options

Myself, I used crystallized
    Myself, I used crystallized ginger but then I got really turned off it. But not everyone does. I think you can get caps and there is a post on page 2 about ginger and chemo you might want to read that I posted. Apparently some good results. Good luck to you :)
    jan

I drank Ginger Ale, and that
    I drank Ginger Ale, and that really helped a lot. I have also heard of using grated raw ginger (found in the supermarket) and make a hot tea. Hope you find relief soon. Hugs.

Judy
  • tatooedinpink
    tatooedinpink Member Posts: 95
    Options
    fresh ginger
    you can buy fresh ginger root in your produce section of grocery store. Just grate or cut a large sliver off and add to hot tea OR I'm sure you can find some good ginger tea recipes.
    I use it in tea just because I like the "bite" of the flavor.

And it is good for digestion and nausea.

Hope you feel better,

Debbie
  • 1surfermom
    1surfermom Member Posts: 396 Member
    Options

fresh ginger
    you can buy fresh ginger root in your produce section of grocery store. Just grate or cut a large sliver off and add to hot tea OR I'm sure you can find some good ginger tea recipes.
    I use it in tea just because I like the "bite" of the flavor.

And it is good for digestion and nausea.

Hope you feel better,

Debbie

Ginger
    I found ginger in a pill form at my local health food store. I started taking it with my new chemo cocktail( taxol, herceptin and lapatinib) and I have not had any nausea. I did experience extreme nausea and vomitting with the AC so I can't really say if it is the ginger or the new meds. However I consider it a godsend. Feel free to PM me and I'll give you the manufacturer of the ginger pill. Love surf