pancreatic cancer board

Options
snommintj
snommintj Member Posts: 601
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I have two friends that have pancreatic cancer, I told them to come check out this site. One just e-mailed me and said there wasn't a pancreatic cancer page. I checked and sure enough there isn't one. I think we should all e-mail the administrator and have them start one. I understand why ACS might not want to have one but I think they should offer one anyway. We semi-colons are a large community and should be able to have some influence.

Comments

• kimby
    kimby Member Posts: 797
    Options
    John
    I agree and will send an email to the administration here. I did find that there are many pancreatic canzer survivors on the 'rare and other canzers' board. You may want to have your friends start there in the meantime.

Kimby
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Options
    Well, it's worth a try
    They might not, we're just a bunch of semi-colons.
    That's doesn't give a hell of a lot of hope for pancreatic patients.
    I know it's one of the least preferred cancers to get if you had to pick one.
  • Paula G.
    Paula G. Member Posts: 596
    Options
    Damn Cancer
    It seem like every day I hear of someone that know's someone or that has some kind of cancer. My good friend just lost his sis to pancreatic cancer. I agree there should be a page for them also. I will send an e-mail an suggest it. Luck and Best wishes to your friends. Paula G.
  • shoppergal
    shoppergal Member Posts: 118
    Options
    Pancreatic cancer
    Firt I'd like to tell you how sorry I am to hear about your friends. I also didn't realize that there wasn't a site for this. I occasionaly check out some of the other sites and I did notice that there are people on the rare and other cancer site with pancreatic cancer. But I will suggest a specific site for people with pancreatic cancer.
    Good luck to your friends.
    Wendy
  • snommintj
    Options

Pancreatic cancer
    Firt I'd like to tell you how sorry I am to hear about your friends. I also didn't realize that there wasn't a site for this. I occasionaly check out some of the other sites and I did notice that there are people on the rare and other cancer site with pancreatic cancer. But I will suggest a specific site for people with pancreatic cancer.
    Good luck to your friends.
    Wendy

keeping it current
    just reminding folks to ask the staff to start a pancreatic board
  • PURPLECANCER
    PURPLECANCER Member Posts: 11
    Options
    snommintj said:

keeping it current

PANCREATIC CANCER
    Thanks for your efforts to do something. It is rare and the least favorite or worst to "get".
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Options
    snommintj said:

keeping it current

Pancreatic Cancer Board
    Just so you know, I did email them about it and this is the response I got back:

"Hi,
    Thanks for your suggestion. There was a board for pancreatic cancer up until about a year ago but it was merged with rare cancers because it only had about one post per month on average. We hoped that CSN members with pancreatic cancer who wished to post would have greater likelihood of getting a response if merged with another board.

Your CSN Staff
    American Cancer Society Cancer Survivors Network®"
  • snommintj
    Options
    PhillieG said:

Pancreatic Cancer Board
    Just so you know, I did email them about it and this is the response I got back:

"Hi,
    Thanks for your suggestion. There was a board for pancreatic cancer up until about a year ago but it was merged with rare cancers because it only had about one post per month on average. We hoped that CSN members with pancreatic cancer who wished to post would have greater likelihood of getting a response if merged with another board.

Your CSN Staff
    American Cancer Society Cancer Survivors Network®"

same message
    they sent me the same thing