Finding the answer

Options
groundeffect
groundeffect Member Posts: 639 Member
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
Hello to all -

The cause to the rise in my CA-125 level may be close to being found (I hope). I have an appointment with a urologist on Thursday. There is a spot on my bladder that is suspect, and there is possible invasion to my bladder.

I will post when I know more.

Love you all,

Sue

Comments

• lnyeholt
    lnyeholt Member Posts: 59
    Options
    at least you'll know soon...
    Sue

I'm praying that it turns out to be something benign or, at least, easily treated.

Lyn
  • BonnieR
    BonnieR Member Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options
    Prayers ♥ Prayers ♥ More Prayers
    Dearest Sue, I am so glad they are finally discovering what is happening. I pray it is not cancer and the inflamation in the bladder that is causing the ca125 to rise. Please keep us posted and know the prayers for you are strong and loud. God's ears are surely already ringing. Love Ya Bonnie
  • saundra
    saundra Member Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I'm with Bonnie
    Yeah, maybe it is a benign bladder infection. Our bladders and guts are so tenderized by all the chemo flushing through. I will be praying that it will be easy to treat. We are pulling for you, Sue!!!❀ Saundra
  • jane65
    jane65 Member Posts: 277
    Options
    Sue
    Hi Sue,
    My best wishes for an outcome that will be satisfactory, and not the dreaded cancer we all think of when they find something suspicious.

My GYN recently did biopsies on a questionable spot in my vagina, thankfully it was not cancer and nothing to concern me, I wish the same for you.

Wishing you good health!
    Jane
  • jamilou
    jamilou Member Posts: 200
    Options
    Prayers Going Out To You!!!!
    Sue
    I am so glad that you are getting answers but praying that it is benign. As always you are in my prayers for a good outcome.
    Love to you
    Jami
  • ladyjogger31
    ladyjogger31 Member Posts: 289
    Options
    Prayers
    Hi Sue, I'll be saying prayers that it is not cancer. Sending positive thoughts your way. Keep us posted.
    Hugs and Prayers, Terry
  • kris43
    kris43 Member Posts: 275
    Options
    Thinking good thoughts
    and sending them your way. We are all praying it'll be the best outcome - NO CANCER and just something easy like a UTI. Hang in there Sue!

Hugs!
    Kris
  • JanQ
    JanQ Member Posts: 236
    Options
    kris43 said:

Thinking good thoughts
    and sending them your way. We are all praying it'll be the best outcome - NO CANCER and just something easy like a UTI. Hang in there Sue!

Hugs!
    Kris

no cancer
    Sue I am with the other ladies, I pray it is not cancer.
    Hang on!
    God Bless you, Jan
  • JoanC
    JoanC Member Posts: 231
    Options
    Prayers
    Sue,
    You are in my prayers...like all here I wish NO CANCER for you. Hang in there and keep us posted.
    ((HUGS)) Joan
  • mopar
    mopar Member Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    PRAYERS FOR SUE. . .
    . . . in hopes that this is not cancer. I agree with the ladies - could be inflammation, a blip on the films, etc. Please let us know. Sending lots of hugs and prayers to ease the wait.

Luv & Hugs!
    Monika
  • groundeffect
    groundeffect Member Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    June 30th
    Hello to all, and thank you so much for your prayers and wishes!

I'll be having a cytoscopy procedure on June 30th, at which time they'll do a TURBT - transurethral resection of the bladder tumor, which will then be biopsied. There's no indication that it's anything other than a tumor; I haven't had any symptoms.

The urologist says he doubts it's another primary cancer, and says it's probably the ovarian cancer manifesting in another spot. He said the bladder is in the peritoneal fluid, and I think that's probably how the OVCA found its way there. Although I was dx 1C, that "C" meant that there was a burst ovary involved, and that's why I had chemo. My gyn/oncologist has already said I'll probably have the same chemo and/or radiation for this.

So, good news, bad news - the procedure sounds simple enough, but getting beyond it is what worries me now!

Hoping everyone's having a great summer,

Sue
  • saundra
    saundra Member Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options

June 30th

I'll be having a cytoscopy procedure on June 30th, at which time they'll do a TURBT - transurethral resection of the bladder tumor, which will then be biopsied. There's no indication that it's anything other than a tumor; I haven't had any symptoms.

The urologist says he doubts it's another primary cancer, and says it's probably the ovarian cancer manifesting in another spot. He said the bladder is in the peritoneal fluid, and I think that's probably how the OVCA found its way there. Although I was dx 1C, that "C" meant that there was a burst ovary involved, and that's why I had chemo. My gyn/oncologist has already said I'll probably have the same chemo and/or radiation for this.

So, good news, bad news - the procedure sounds simple enough, but getting beyond it is what worries me now!

Sue

Praying
    Dear Sue, I will be praying for you on June 30. Put your name on my calendar for special prayers that day.
    Sorry that the tumor was diagnosed but sounds like you have a good plan in place and I know your armor is in place. ((((Hugs))) Saundra
  • jane65
    jane65 Member Posts: 277
    Options
    saundra said:

Praying
    Dear Sue, I will be praying for you on June 30. Put your name on my calendar for special prayers that day.
    Sorry that the tumor was diagnosed but sounds like you have a good plan in place and I know your armor is in place. ((((Hugs))) Saundra

Sue
    Hi Sue,
    At least now you know what you'll be dealing with, and how to confront and eliminate it.

My best wishes for an absolutely successful outcome, and good health in the future.
    Jane
  • mopar
    mopar Member Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options

June 30th

Sue

I'LL BE PRAYING, TOO!
    Hoping that this is something that is minimal and treatable. Let us know. Hugs and prayers till then!
    Monika
  • JanQ
    JanQ Member Posts: 236
    Options

June 30th

Sue

June 30
    Sue, So the ovarian spread to your bladder? You are right sounds like good news-bad news.
    Well You know you are in our prayers!

Love and many hugs, Jan
  • ladyjogger31
    ladyjogger31 Member Posts: 289
    Options
    JanQ said:

June 30
    Sue, So the ovarian spread to your bladder? You are right sounds like good news-bad news.
    Well You know you are in our prayers!

Love and many hugs, Jan

Prayers
    Hi Sue you can count me in for June 30th. I will be saying extra prayers for you that day also. Then after you will fight like a Teal Warrior does.
    Hugs and Prayers Terry
  • ambientbeats
    ambientbeats Member Posts: 14
    Options

Prayers
    Hi Sue you can count me in for June 30th. I will be saying extra prayers for you that day also. Then after you will fight like a Teal Warrior does.
    Hugs and Prayers Terry

Sending you good thoughts
    Hi Sue:

Am new to the board, and read your thread. I just wanted to wish you good luck and send you lots and lots of good thoughs and hope.

best,
    c
  • jamilou
    jamilou Member Posts: 200
    Options

June 30th

Sue

Sending More Prayers Your Way!
    Sue
    I am so sorry to hear that they have found another tumor but as always I will keep you in my prayers for the best results. You are so strong and have such an amazing support team that I know you will sail through this too! Keep up your amazingly positive attitude and please keep us informed on your surgery.
    Love and Hugs
    Jami
  • LPack
    LPack Member Posts: 645
    Options
    Praying
    Sue,

I too will put you on my calendar for June 30th! And will be praying........

Libby ☺