My Brave Little Grandson

Options
RE
RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Over the weekend my oldest grandson Ian had a bit of a mishap and ended up with two staples in his head. His mommy say's he was very brave at the doctor's office. I wanted to share the photo with you all because I just love the ever so proud grin on his little face, it's all boy! He is fine by the way and is enjoying showing off his staples.

RE

Comments

• CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Oh RE!
    What a cutie patootie!! Incredible smile! And what a brave young man he is!!
    I hope his poor head heals quickly! Ouch!!

Thank you so much for sharing!!

CR
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options
    You've got great looking grandkids!
    RE,
    What good looking grandkids you've got!Thanks for letting us into your world!
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    Boys will be boys....teehee!
    He is precious!

(Note to self: attempt to post pic of Hans with staples in his head...they NEVER grow up!)

Hugs, Kathi
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Options
    What a darling grandson! You are so blessed and such a proud Grandma! And, I am so glad that Ian is going to be ok. Yes, boys will be boys! lol

image is a cutie!

p.s. and, RE, I read in another thread where you said tamoxifen did not work for you. how did you know it wasn't working for you and how long did you take it? thanks!
  • ninjamom
    ninjamom Member Posts: 142
    Options
    RE

What a goodlooking grandson you have. I'm glad he's going to be ok.

Patty
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, RE!
    Hope you and your husband thoroughly enjoyed your long weekend away!

Little Ian is not only quite brave - also a very handsome little guy. And, he's blessed with a very special Grandma! Glad he'll be OK.

Thanks for sharing.

Kind regards, Susan
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
    Options

Welcome back, RE!
    Hope you and your husband thoroughly enjoyed your long weekend away!

Little Ian is not only quite brave - also a very handsome little guy. And, he's blessed with a very special Grandma! Glad he'll be OK.

Thanks for sharing.

Kind regards, Susan

What a cute grin....almost
    What a cute grin....almost infectious. For some reason, boys are especially proud of their "war wounds". He is showing his in style. Glad he is going to be okay, and off to his next adventure. Hugs to you.

Judy
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Options
    One of the misadventures of
    One of the misadventures of youth that he can (or everyone else can) talk about when he becomes an adult or when he's a father. He is very sweet and seems like he's also nice too which is a real bonus. Does he take after your side of the family?? I can see you in him.
    Makes Cancer seem distant doesn't it when we are wrapped up in the people we love. Glad you are enjoying.
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options

One of the misadventures of
    One of the misadventures of youth that he can (or everyone else can) talk about when he becomes an adult or when he's a father. He is very sweet and seems like he's also nice too which is a real bonus. Does he take after your side of the family?? I can see you in him.
    Makes Cancer seem distant doesn't it when we are wrapped up in the people we love. Glad you are enjoying.

You really have a cute
    You really have a cute grandson. And, he is certainly a brave typical little boy. :)
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    so cute
    RE, he is certainly one of the many reasons we all keep on trying isn't he?
    Boys, they do love their war wounds, and no, they do not ever get over it. Whenever my brother has another mishap (and he has had lots) he sends me a pic or calls to tell me about it. I remember when he was 30, he called me to tell me I have just had my 30th car accident! and he was kinda proud.
    =^..^=
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    What a cute grandson RE!
    What a cute grandson RE! Love that lil precious smile! Glad he will be ok.
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    All Better!
    Thank you all for your kind words, Ian had his staples removed this afternoon. His mommy said he did great, held really still and just winced a little. When he got home he proudly showed me his staples (he got to keep them), he is doing great!

RE
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    RE said:

All Better!
    Thank you all for your kind words, Ian had his staples removed this afternoon. His mommy said he did great, held really still and just winced a little. When he got home he proudly showed me his staples (he got to keep them), he is doing great!

RE

Glad for your news
    glad to hear that Ian is doing great. What a cutie!
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    RE said:

All Better!

RE

He got to keep them?
    Cool! I see an A+ "show and tell" at school in his future! :-)

Kind regards, Susan
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    RE said:

All Better!

RE

Love your new picture RE! Absolutely darling grandsons! They take after you! :) And, what a typical lil boy and what a brave one too. You must be so proud! Thanks RE for sharing his experience with us!
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    RE said:

All Better!

RE

Of course
    He will show off his war wounds! love, Jackie