Options
2»

Comments

• creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
    Options
    Marcia527 said:

Not Texas born
    I was not born in Texas but there is a saying here: "I wasn't born in Texas but I got here as soon as I could." I might not have quoted that right and I might have blown the punch line but you get the idea.

I'm a born and raised Texas
    I'm a born and raised Texas girl, and had always heard the story of James S. Hogg, and his daughters Ima and Ura......however, there was only one daughter...Ima. She was a very prominent member of Houston Society, and was foremost in forming the Houston Symphony Orchestra. I have also read that she never married, and her stationary was inscribed either "I. Hogg", or Miss Hogg. There are lots of colorful stories about Texans and their names, but this is the one that is most spoken about. How many other Texans do we have here? Hugs.

Jidy
  • CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

Dodgy Doggie Names.....
    A friend of mine had 2 Dobies named "Castor and Pollock"..
    Next door had a huge Black Lab called 'Tarmac.'
    My first dog was called '****-head'

My first cat was called..(Umnentionably politically incorrect)

I was going to call my son Marmaduke (settled on Jamie)

Guess what I'm going to name them guppies????

Suggestions welcome....

Hugs Jxxxxxxxxxxx

J, ROFL!!!!!!!
    I'm laughing so hard at your first dog's name!!! You are a hoot!!

CR
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Options

I'm a born and raised Texas
    I'm a born and raised Texas girl, and had always heard the story of James S. Hogg, and his daughters Ima and Ura......however, there was only one daughter...Ima. She was a very prominent member of Houston Society, and was foremost in forming the Houston Symphony Orchestra. I have also read that she never married, and her stationary was inscribed either "I. Hogg", or Miss Hogg. There are lots of colorful stories about Texans and their names, but this is the one that is most spoken about. How many other Texans do we have here? Hugs.

Jidy

Thanks Marcia! I loved it!
    Thanks Marcia! I loved it!
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

Oh Marcia........Too funny!
    My Grandma was named Lily, she had 3 sisters named, Rose, Ivy and Daisy......Their surname was...........PLANT! This is not just inconsiderate, this is child abuse!

My Sister named her first son Jason...Thank Goodness, she was going to call him Wayne.., The poor kid already has an aunt called Jo!
    And their last name is..........KING. I worry about these people in the small hours of the night. I really do.

Hugs Jxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

tasha_111...
    You are certainly in EXCEPTIONALLY fine form today!

Kind regards, Susan
  • djteach
    djteach Member Posts: 273
    Options
    Marcia527 said:

Not Texas born
    I was not born in Texas but there is a saying here: "I wasn't born in Texas but I got here as soon as I could." I might not have quoted that right and I might have blown the punch line but you get the idea.

I'm not a native Texan, my
    I'm not a native Texan, my brother married one and he and my sis-in-law have the only grandchild. Since they moved in with me 15 years ago, we have to be in Texas with the "baby".(my parents live with me, not my brother)
    love and hugs,
    Donna
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

Oh Marcia........Too funny!
    My Grandma was named Lily, she had 3 sisters named, Rose, Ivy and Daisy......Their surname was...........PLANT! This is not just inconsiderate, this is child abuse!

My Sister named her first son Jason...Thank Goodness, she was going to call him Wayne.., The poor kid already has an aunt called Jo!
    And their last name is..........KING. I worry about these people in the small hours of the night. I really do.

Hugs Jxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I knew a couple
    That adopted 2 boys. Their last names were Rising, The boys already had the names **** and Peter. I **** you not!
    Jackie
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    :-)
    Hey there Marcia, love your post and the tree is lovely as well! By the way your mom and you look stunning in the photo you posted!

RE
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options
    Aortus said:

Yes!
    But then, I insisted to Moopy that if and when we got a dog, the dog would be named "Uranus." I meant it, too. "Honey, did you take Uranus to the vet?" or even "Sweetie, could you find Uranus for me?"

But when Moopy took me to see the little brown ball of fur she had just adopted from the animal shelter, I fell for the poor little pup at once and named her Eefy Josephine instead.

Street names
    I can't remember what place,but there's actually a street called Uranus in a town in California. Friends of mine and I were driving through and trying to find a location. I think I mentioned having to go "up uranus"!
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options
    rjjj said:

I knew a couple
    That adopted 2 boys. Their last names were Rising, The boys already had the names **** and Peter. I **** you not!
    Jackie

I'm laughing so hard
    I'm crying! That is too funny,rjjj!
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    RE said:

:-)
    Hey there Marcia, love your post and the tree is lovely as well! By the way your mom and you look stunning in the photo you posted!

RE

People used to say we looked
    People used to say we looked alike.