Bragging Rights

Options
dbs1673
dbs1673 Member Posts: 203
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Can I just tell all of you how excited I am!! My 20 year old daughter entered an essay contest (unknown to me)that a LOVELY spa was sponsoring to write about your mother. She just showed me her notice that her essay won and I am to be treated to a FULL day at the salon/spa! I have been feeling so down as I just passed the year marker of my diagnosis and soon will have the year marker of my mastectomy. I don't know what she wrote but she just told me it was all from the heart. While I have not viewed my inside or outside as very lovely lately, I have never felt more loved. She is an absolutely amazing daughter and I am amazingly lucky!!

dawn

Comments

• Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options
    Thats just so wonderful.
    Thats just so wonderful. Enjoy Mom !
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options
    What a wonderful
    surprise! Enjoy your day!
    You and your daughter must be close!
  • djteach
    djteach Member Posts: 273
    Options
    Hi Dawn,
    What a lovely gift,

Hi Dawn,
    What a lovely gift, the essay and the spa day. Enjoy, you deserve it!
    Love ya,
    Donna
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Wow, dawn!
    Great! Thanks for sharing your lovely story! I bet you can't wait to read your daughter's essay. She sounds like a very special young woman; and, obviously, you're a very special mom.

Enjoy that FULL DAY of pampering! Just at the right time, I'd say.

Kind regards, Susan
  • stox4bux
    stox4bux Member Posts: 29
    Options

Wow, dawn!
    Great! Thanks for sharing your lovely story! I bet you can't wait to read your daughter's essay. She sounds like a very special young woman; and, obviously, you're a very special mom.

Enjoy that FULL DAY of pampering! Just at the right time, I'd say.

Kind regards, Susan

Great Gift
    That's wonderful having such a caring daughter. You are blessed.

Enjoy your visit to the Spa.

Best,
    Gitta
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    awwwwwww!
    You have touched all of our hearts~ none of us is surprised that you are so loved. We love you and we only know you online! That your daughter wrote glowing things about you is just so right! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! You deserve it!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    what a wonderful tribute
    shows what a great mom you must be. Share when you can!
    =^..^=
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Options
    They (whoever "they" are)
    They (whoever "they" are) say, there is no such thing as luck. So you must have earned it somehow. Just as you were feeling so low this comes out of nowhere. That is just the coolest thing, I love it. And I am so happy that you feel so loved. What a moment!!
    Congratulations!
    love
    jan
  • bfbear
    bfbear Member Posts: 380
    Options

They (whoever "they" are)
    They (whoever "they" are) say, there is no such thing as luck. So you must have earned it somehow. Just as you were feeling so low this comes out of nowhere. That is just the coolest thing, I love it. And I am so happy that you feel so loved. What a moment!!
    Congratulations!
    love
    jan

Good job, Mom!
    Congratulations! You raised a wonderful human being! Good job, and enjoy the unusually fantastic perk of a day at the spa. Allow yourself to glow in the knowledge of how great you are...the outside appearances we spend so much time agonizing over during our lifetimes really aren't what's important, even though we all seem to forget that point over and over again. It's stuff like your daughter's essay, and the compassionate heart she had to have in order to write it -- those are the things that really count.

Enjoy,
    Debi
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    What a beautiful tribute
    What a beautiful tribute Dawn. You're a lucky and special Mom and loved very much. Shows in your daughter's actions. Enjoy your special day. Hugs, Lili
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    AHHHHH
    What a wonderful daughter you have there! I am so happy for you and am sure you will enjoy your day at the spa.

Hugs,

RE
  • CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Oh geez, I......
    I thought I had already posted here & now I see that what I THOUGHT I had done...I hadn't! Sorry!! Chemo brain??!!

Anyway, how incredible, Dawn!! You surely deserve to brag about that daughter of yours! And how wonderfully close you two must be, and that is a rare and lovely gift!
    I'm so happy for both of you, and you make sure that you enjoy every minute of your Spa day!!

Hugs,
    CR
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    Wow! Wonderful! And what a grand daughter!!!!
    Congrats on the spa day. But more for the way you have raised a wonderful, caring daughter who thinks so much of you!!!

Hugs, Kathi