I made a mistake

Options
outdoorgirl
outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hey guys,
I made a mistake on here and I don't know how I can fix it. Yesterday I tried to put Moopy on my friends list,was able to do it-but while I was trying to (and I probably hit a key that I shouldn't have)it said that Moopy was taken off of a friend's list(probably meaning mine). You know how when you get a personal message or get put on a friend's list,they post it when you log on?!
Well, if Moopy tried to log on,this big message of you were taken off a friend's list would show up for her. I know she is going through a hard time right now and definately doesn't need to read something like that! I know it hasn't been long,but you know how often the both of them usually post,and maybe it's not because of that reason(I hope),but I don't know how to fix my mistake! Any ideas? We all want to be encouraging to her and Aortus,and she doesn't need to see something like that!

Comments

• babebussie
    babebussie Member Posts: 150
    Options
    I shouldnt even be replying
    I shouldnt even be replying because i'm not sure how i can help you. I'm still learning the entire message thing and saving friends myself.
    Someone with more experience with the board will come to your aide dont worry.

Good luck dear!
  • outdoorgirl
    Options

I shouldnt even be replying
    I shouldnt even be replying because i'm not sure how i can help you. I'm still learning the entire message thing and saving friends myself.
    Someone with more experience with the board will come to your aide dont worry.

Good luck dear!

Thanks
    Babe! I appreciate your reply.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Outdoorgirl loves ya, Moopy! LOL
    Well sweetie~ I have only added ppl, and gotten the message that they will be informed the next time they log on! I don't know what happens when a person is deleted, either on purpose or mistakenly! I say, re-add her as a friend and also, either she or Aortus will see this post and know you only hit a wrong key!

We are not very thin-skinned in here~ we fight cancer for crying out loud! I dare say that the Moopster will not hold this against you!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • outdoorgirl
    Options
    chenheart said:

Well sweetie~ I have only added ppl, and gotten the message that they will be informed the next time they log on! I don't know what happens when a person is deleted, either on purpose or mistakenly! I say, re-add her as a friend and also, either she or Aortus will see this post and know you only hit a wrong key!

We are not very thin-skinned in here~ we fight cancer for crying out loud! I dare say that the Moopster will not hold this against you!

Hugs,
    Claudia

Thanks Claudia!
    Yeah,I know we are tough cookies all,but she was feeling pretty emotional the other day(with good reason) and I don't want to make her feel bad again!
    I will try to do as you say,add her to my list again-and hopefully this time I don't screw up again!!
  • outdoorgirl
    Options
    chenheart said:

Hugs,
    Claudia

Thanks Claudia!
    Yeah,I know we are tough cookies all,but she was feeling pretty emotional the other day(with good reason) and I don't want to make her feel bad again!
    I will try to do as you say,add her to my list again-and hopefully this time I don't screw up again!!
  • outdoorgirl
    Options
    chenheart said:

Hugs,
    Claudia

Thanks Claudia!
  • outdoorgirl
    Options

Thanks Claudia!

Wow
    didn't mean for that to show up so many times!
  • chenheart
    Options

Thanks Claudia!

Why is Moopy emotional??? What did I miss???
    My computer has been "acting up" and I have been having a hard time getting in...what is happening with our Moopy? I don't know about the hard time you mentioned she is going through~I scrolled through a few of the posts, but I don't know what I should be looking for.

Can you enlighten me please? She is such a dearheart,and I don't want to pass up an opportunity to encourage her if she needs that.

Thanks so much!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • outdoorgirl
    Options
    chenheart said:

Why is Moopy emotional??? What did I miss???
    My computer has been "acting up" and I have been having a hard time getting in...what is happening with our Moopy? I don't know about the hard time you mentioned she is going through~I scrolled through a few of the posts, but I don't know what I should be looking for.

Can you enlighten me please? She is such a dearheart,and I don't want to pass up an opportunity to encourage her if she needs that.

Thanks so much!

Hugs,
    Claudia

She got some bad news
    and there's a set back in her treatment.She is going to see a new doctor.And she needs a scan,but isn't sure if her insurance will help with it.And yes,they both are really in need of our prayers right now! Thanks Claudia.
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options

Wow
    didn't mean for that to show up so many times!

Yeah, it happens...
    Hey, outdoorgirl. Those double, triple posts happen every now and then, don't know why myself! And, it's weird that we can go back and "edit" a post - but, not delete it. Oh, well. Here's a tip I got from another member... Just go back into the duplicates, delete the words, and put in a "." - because there has to be something there. This is what I do.

Quite honestly, I don't know how to work the whole "friends" thing either. I've tried, and each time I get a prompt that says "email address incorrect" or something like that (?!?), must be stupid me. And, have no clue what those little icons mean with the plus or minus sign on their heads! So, please - TO EVERYBODY - I don't ever mean to slight anyone!

Kind regards, Susan

P.S. to Moopy, and Aortus: I'm thinking of you, both, today. Hoping today is at least a little better...
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    outdoor girl
    Don't be so hard on yourself. If she sees that you deleted her, then added her, she will know that it was a mistake. I added her to mine so she will get that when she logs on too. Maybe if a couple more do it, then she reads these posts, she will know what happened!

=^..^=
  • Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    Options
    cats_toy said:

outdoor girl
    Don't be so hard on yourself. If she sees that you deleted her, then added her, she will know that it was a mistake. I added her to mine so she will get that when she logs on too. Maybe if a couple more do it, then she reads these posts, she will know what happened!

=^..^=

Nobody made any mistakes...
    and Moopy not only loves you all, but thanks God for everything you have meant to her, mean to her now, and will mean to her in the years to come!

Joe
  • chenheart
    Options

Yeah, it happens...
    Hey, outdoorgirl. Those double, triple posts happen every now and then, don't know why myself! And, it's weird that we can go back and "edit" a post - but, not delete it. Oh, well. Here's a tip I got from another member... Just go back into the duplicates, delete the words, and put in a "." - because there has to be something there. This is what I do.

Quite honestly, I don't know how to work the whole "friends" thing either. I've tried, and each time I get a prompt that says "email address incorrect" or something like that (?!?), must be stupid me. And, have no clue what those little icons mean with the plus or minus sign on their heads! So, please - TO EVERYBODY - I don't ever mean to slight anyone!

Kind regards, Susan

P.S. to Moopy, and Aortus: I'm thinking of you, both, today. Hoping today is at least a little better...

Friends!
    The little icon means you are on someone's friend list~ WE see the icon on each others names, but NOT on our own! I love the friends list~ we can click on it to see if that person is online, and when we do send them private email, we don't have to try and remember just how their screenname is written~ there is a drop-down list of our friends we can click on! Great for my feeble brain! I am going to add you as a friend, ok? And 12/25 I don't think you have ever slighted anyway in your whole life!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • outdoorgirl
    Options
    Aortus said:

and Moopy not only loves you all, but thanks God for everything you have meant to her, mean to her now, and will mean to her in the years to come!

Joe

Yeah
    You're back!! You have been missed!!
  • outdoorgirl
    Options
    Aortus said:

Joe

Please say hi to the Moopster for us
    and let her know that we're all thinking of the both of you and praying for her! We love our "cute little couple"!
    Thanks!
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Aortus said:

Joe

thanks Joe!
    Is Moopy OK? her last post was a little on the down side. Please let her know we all care and hope whatever she is going through turns out well. She does have you by her side, so that is a big plus to begin with!
    =^..^=
  • 1surfermom
    1surfermom Member Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    cats_toy said:

thanks Joe!
    Is Moopy OK? her last post was a little on the down side. Please let her know we all care and hope whatever she is going through turns out well. She does have you by her side, so that is a big plus to begin with!
    =^..^=

Moopy
    Aortus

Please let our Moopy know that I am thinking and praying for her. She is so smart and beautiful. You are a lucky man to have her. I hope this set back will just be a small bump in the road for both of you. Love Surf.
  • Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    Options

Moopy
    Aortus

Please let our Moopy know that I am thinking and praying for her. She is so smart and beautiful. You are a lucky man to have her. I hope this set back will just be a small bump in the road for both of you. Love Surf.

Thanks to ALL of you
    Your kind thoughts and your prayers and your support mean a terrific amount to both Moopy and me. This has been kind of a curveball thrown at us, but it may also be an opportunity.

And I know that I am the luckiest man on earth - seventeen years ago tomorrow, Moopy and I were pronounced man and wife at Sacred Heart Catholic Church here in town. And we're not settling for a mere extra seventeen years: we want at least another seventeen on top of that! Consider yourselves all invited to our 51st Anniversary Party in 2043!

Of course, if the economy keeps going the way it is, we may all have to take off of work that day in order to go...

Joe
  • chenheart
    Options
    Aortus said:

Thanks to ALL of you
    Your kind thoughts and your prayers and your support mean a terrific amount to both Moopy and me. This has been kind of a curveball thrown at us, but it may also be an opportunity.

And I know that I am the luckiest man on earth - seventeen years ago tomorrow, Moopy and I were pronounced man and wife at Sacred Heart Catholic Church here in town. And we're not settling for a mere extra seventeen years: we want at least another seventeen on top of that! Consider yourselves all invited to our 51st Anniversary Party in 2043!

Of course, if the economy keeps going the way it is, we may all have to take off of work that day in order to go...

Joe

Batter Up!!!!!
    A curveball, you say? Well that isn't always a bad thing, depending on who's at bat and how adept they are at hitting a homerun! And I would say you and Moopy are on the winning team!

I am a rabid Yankee fan ( I know! you don't have to say anything!! I've heard it all!) and was sooo touched by the inside the park homerun Brett Gardner made. He was visiting a children's hospital, and though he is certainly not a Lou Gehrig, Mickey Mantle, or Babe Ruth, one girl he visited gave him a bracelet and asked for a homerun...not likely as he isn't a slugger. Yes,of course he hit one! And the child who gave him the bracelet? She was awaiting a heart-transplant,and got one!!

You could say they both had curveballs thrown at them~ and made it all the way around the bases and home again, even though there were obstacles in the way.

Moopy and Joe...hit a homerun for me, will you please????

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Aortus said:

Thanks to ALL of you

Joe

Happy Anniversary!!
    Happy Anniversary tomorrow Joe & Moopy! You are an awesome-tastic couple!!

CR