FINALLY HOME FROM SURGERY

Options
FAPMom47
FAPMom47 Member Posts: 68
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I have been home since 5/13/2009, but just able to sit up a little. the surgery went fasters then I thought. the next day I was told by the dr. they knicked and a flow put in dye and it was not the bladder. I have called my dr. and he is doing something. I have an ileostomy and 2 days for me ti urinate I have to push ans it hurts. My husband is getting worried. does it sound like maybe I should seek medical advice.

MANY HUGS ABD PRAYERS FOR ALL
MANY THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT
JACKIE

Comments

• PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Options
    Hi Jackie
    I'm sorry you're in pain, surgery is tough to get over. It's always been for me. It sounds like you said that the Dr nicked you but he said it's not in your bladder and that you have pain when urinating. Is that correct? I would certainly document (or have someone do it for you) all that happened and how you feel and problems you may be having. I hope that they didn't do anything they shouldn't but you should just cover yourself just in case. I don't know if I'd get a second opinion right away but I'd meet with my doctor again and bring a small recorder and record what he says when you ask him about the nick.
    That's what I would do first...
    I never had an ileostomy so I do not know what is normal. That could all be perfectly normal.
    -phil
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Options
    Glad You're Home
    You will feel so much better now that you are home. Sorry they knicked you. I hope that you will adjust to your ileostomy soon. You should join a support group which can be very helpful.

I didn't take two days to urinate because they had a cathader (sp?) on me and then took it off, but I have been post surgery for 7 weeks and sometimes still feel that need to struggle to go. For the first 5 weeks after surgery, I ran the water in the bathroom so that I could feel the urge to go even though I needed to and felt it. It hurt for me to go to and I went in for 3 bladder infection tests during the first 5 weeks after surgery because I felt something was wrong. They all came out clear but I insisted on them giving me something to combat a bladder infection and the discharge and pressure has subsided but still hasn't gone away, but it feels soooooo much better.

Hope you feel better soon.

Kim
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Feel better
    I hope you feel better very soon!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • Julie 44
    Julie 44 Member Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    tootsie1 said:

Feel better
    I hope you feel better very soon!

*hugs*
    Gail

Second opion maybe
    Sorry to hear you are having a terrible time....Maybe you should go and get a second opion on what to do next and make sure everything is healing right...It can't hurt to seek one it can confirm all is right then its a huge relief...Good Luck HUGS JULIE