last infusion

Options
maglets
maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
last round>

Now here's a pic no one except on this board would understand. That's my cute chemo nurse. Yesterday I reminded him that we had been at this for five years and he siad..."lordie mags that's longer than I have been married!" lol he has one beautiful baby boy now and another on the way.

So here we are kids "Looking Good" on infusion day....or is that stunned, exhausted, grimacing, nauseated, drugged and just waiting for those 5 hours to drip through.

hugs and laughs at ourselves to all

mags

Comments

• kimby
    kimby Member Posts: 797
    Options
    Congratulations
    Mags,

Congratulations on your last infusion and your 5 yrs! What an accomplishment. Also, congrats on the cute nurse! The guys have it made with that but we sometimes suffer through. LOL

I hope you start feeling well soon. You know you are in my thoughts and prayers. Love ya, dear friend,

Kimby
  • jenben59
    jenben59 Member Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    hey, maglets...
    your lucky... he's hot! I have all women nurses and my oncologist is female, but their hearts explode with kindness. I'm always baking them homemeade desserts, and this time(since it gets hot in Texas, especially humid by the coast) I make them really good congealed jello. All the medical people from the aid's to the oncologist have been so good to me, they deserve a good snack. I love MD Anderson.
  • maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member
    Options
    kimby said:

Congratulations
    Mags,

Congratulations on your last infusion and your 5 yrs! What an accomplishment. Also, congrats on the cute nurse! The guys have it made with that but we sometimes suffer through. LOL

I hope you start feeling well soon. You know you are in my thoughts and prayers. Love ya, dear friend,

Kimby

cutie
    whooo.he is a cutie isn't he? Yes i feel way better today on the half dose of oxy and just knowing it's over.....course I have your scanxiety to look forward to but what the heck...

Love you too KImby, I wish I were as wise as you.

mags
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    jenben59 said:

hey, maglets...
    your lucky... he's hot! I have all women nurses and my oncologist is female, but their hearts explode with kindness. I'm always baking them homemeade desserts, and this time(since it gets hot in Texas, especially humid by the coast) I make them really good congealed jello. All the medical people from the aid's to the oncologist have been so good to me, they deserve a good snack. I love MD Anderson.

Ya'll Crack me up......
    First of all for Mags.....CONGRATULATIONS.......The end of chemo is always a great thing...I am so tickled for you...Secondly, knowing how all of you think about your Drs and Nurses and listening to the whistles and Woo-Hoos from you both, I think I will go into the medical profession and become an Oncologist or at least a Practical Nurse...seems that is the place to be....sincerely Mags, that is wonderful news and I myself have been enthralled with the loss of all the appointments after the initial shock has worn off now..I am finally settling into my new phase of life just as you will...Good Job young lady..... :)
  • usakat
    usakat Member Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    You made it!!!
    Good job crossing that finish line, Mags! I love the photo. Chemo nurses are among the best people on the planet. They really are special - and I can see that yours is extra special to you ;-)

Wishing you many blessings for restored health and good scans....
  • VickiCO
    VickiCO Member Posts: 917
    Options
    Yippee - you give me hope
    Mags,

I just finished my round #3 today and have only round #4 in June to get through. All my nurses are gals, but my oncologist is a young hottie! It counts! I am so happy for you. When I feel better (day 5 sucks...) I'll write more.

Many hugs, Vicki
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    Options
    VickiCO said:

Yippee - you give me hope
    Mags,

I just finished my round #3 today and have only round #4 in June to get through. All my nurses are gals, but my oncologist is a young hottie! It counts! I am so happy for you. When I feel better (day 5 sucks...) I'll write more.

Many hugs, Vicki

OHH!!!!
    ....Love the pic Mags, he is a darling nurse! Good for you on your last infusion! I am soooo looking forward to the end of mine, I hope you feel better soon, and You look just look so awesome in that pic, I think I'm going to take a pic on my last infuaion day as well! LOL!

Hugssss!
    ~Donna
  • kmygil
    kmygil Member Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Oooohhhh
    You lucked out there, Mags! He's so cute! Congratulations on the last infusion! Feel better soon and get on with life!

Hugs,
    Kirsten
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Options
    kmygil said:

Oooohhhh
    You lucked out there, Mags! He's so cute! Congratulations on the last infusion! Feel better soon and get on with life!

Hugs,
    Kirsten

Congratulations
    That is awesome news on your last infusion. You do have a cutie there with that chemo nurse. Very nice picture of the two of you and you look so happy - I can see two reasons why. You have your last infusion and you have a handsome man's arm around you. Time to do the happy dance. Hope you feel better every day.

Kim