Options
2»

Comments

• qwe
    qwe Member Posts: 124
    Options
    Shayenne said:

My nurse....
    ....never mentioned not to get oil on the stoma, just alcohol...she saud alcohol would dry it out, and that was it. The oil just stays on the bag, I have never had problems with oil on my stoma :)

This may sound dumb but what
    This may sound dumb but what do you use to put the oil on the flange.
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    Options
    qwe said:

This may sound dumb but what
    This may sound dumb but what do you use to put the oil on the flange.

Before....
    ...I even connect it to my wafer, I just get the bottle of baby oil, and pour it right into the flange and just squeeze the sides, kind of just rubbing it to get it all over the sides, (but clasp the bottom first, so the oil doesn't pour right out) I don't use anything to actually put it on the flange, I just squeeze it in there and smear it, and swish it around just using my fingers to pretty much get it all over inside. I do this with a clean flange, and do change it every other day.
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    qwe said:

I thank you all for your
    I thank you all for your support I am feeling a little better.

qwe
    May I ask how old you are because I am 54 and there are a lot of things that don't bother me like they would someone that is 24 or 34...If there is a large age difference then we may get a better angle at what bothers you more about it.....There would be a significant difference in someone with an ostomy at age 25 then someone with one at 55, or with me anyway......

In other words at 54 I know my chances of becoming a "Chippendale" are slim to none and now with an ostomy the chances are none to none but to a 25 year old something like this could be devastating but only if you allow it to be.....

Thats my concern ..What is your age if you don't mind me asking....

Just looked at your profile...got it.....
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    Options
    Buzzard said:

qwe
    May I ask how old you are because I am 54 and there are a lot of things that don't bother me like they would someone that is 24 or 34...If there is a large age difference then we may get a better angle at what bothers you more about it.....There would be a significant difference in someone with an ostomy at age 25 then someone with one at 55, or with me anyway......

In other words at 54 I know my chances of becoming a "Chippendale" are slim to none and now with an ostomy the chances are none to none but to a 25 year old something like this could be devastating but only if you allow it to be.....

Thats my concern ..What is your age if you don't mind me asking....

Just looked at your profile...got it.....

I don't think so Buzz......
    ...I think with an ostomy at your age, you're still young, I think you may make a mighty fine "Chippendale" LOL...I'd sit there waiting to put money in your g-string :)