Hi all

Options
Ngoc
Ngoc Member Posts: 5
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi all,
This is my first time to visit this website. It was impossible that I was diagnosed with breast cancer at 24 (one and half year ago). I was scared and I cried a lot last year. I had 8 weeks for chemo and 33 radiations. Now, I'm done with all treatments but still taking Tamoxifen in 5 years. Does anyone know the effects of Tamoxifen on having a baby? However, 5 years later, without Tamoxifen, is there a high risk for cancer cells to come back to the body? (I mean "RECURRENCE") Thanks!

Comments

• cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Welcome Ngoc
    Sorry, I have not been put on Tamoxifen, but there are probably a few on this site that have, and when they see your post, they will be chiming in.
    Yes 24 seems way to young to be diagnmosed. I was diagnosed at 50, but had the tumor for at least a year prior. That used to be considered young, but not anymore.
    Sorry you had to find this site, but you will find an amazing group of people here that will support you, cheer you on, commiserate with you when you're down, and provide as much info as they can. I am fairly new here myself, but there are some who have been here for quite awhile. There is also a young people's site you might want to visit, they may have more info regarding the baby thing.
    Good luck to you and come back often
    =^..^=
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Options
    cats_toy said:

Welcome Ngoc
    Sorry, I have not been put on Tamoxifen, but there are probably a few on this site that have, and when they see your post, they will be chiming in.
    Yes 24 seems way to young to be diagnmosed. I was diagnosed at 50, but had the tumor for at least a year prior. That used to be considered young, but not anymore.
    Sorry you had to find this site, but you will find an amazing group of people here that will support you, cheer you on, commiserate with you when you're down, and provide as much info as they can. I am fairly new here myself, but there are some who have been here for quite awhile. There is also a young people's site you might want to visit, they may have more info regarding the baby thing.
    =^..^=

Ngoc
    Sorry you are here. But nice to meet you.....I am on tamoxifen and I understand that this drug is meant to push you through early menopause...I think you should ask your oncologist.. It's not an issue for me, But you are so young. Ask him/her.

Good luck hun Jxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Warm welcome, Ngoc!
    Though so sorry for the reason you're here. You've joined the right group. We're all willing to help & share, support & encourage each other.

As the others have already stated, and besides your treatments so far - a lot depends on more specific details about your diagnosis. So, to answer your questions about future pregnancy - I think it would be best for your to discuss with your oncologist.

Best wishes to you.

Kind regards, Susan
  • djteach
    djteach Member Posts: 273
    Options
    Hi Ngoc,
    Welcome to the

Hi Ngoc,
    Welcome to the board, I'm sorry for the reason. You have been through quite an ordeal! I can't help you with your question but agree that you need to talk with your oncologist about this. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Love and gentle hugs,
    Donna
  • Ngoc
    Options
    cats_toy said:

Welcome Ngoc
    =^..^=

Hi all
    Nice to meet you all. As you said, I will ask my oncologist about these concerns. Now, I know that I foud "an amazing group of people" who can support me. Thanks a lot! Well, I haven't found out about our group in this website yet......until yesterday. If I known your group earlier, I wouldn't be so worried that much. During the treatment, I thought my life was about "end" because I haven't finished school yet and I had a lot of things to do in my life. Now, everything was over. I'm glad to talk to you all. You all are in my thought.
    Regards,
    Ngoc
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Ngoc said:

Hi all
    Nice to meet you all. As you said, I will ask my oncologist about these concerns. Now, I know that I foud "an amazing group of people" who can support me. Thanks a lot! Well, I haven't found out about our group in this website yet......until yesterday. If I known your group earlier, I wouldn't be so worried that much. During the treatment, I thought my life was about "end" because I haven't finished school yet and I had a lot of things to do in my life. Now, everything was over. I'm glad to talk to you all. You all are in my thought.
    Regards,
    Ngoc

Always remember, Ngoc...
    That we are ALL survivors here. Almost 6 years for me, many here much longer than that... As a member of this group, you are now surrounded by SURVIVORS! As you are also a survivor.

Kind regards, Susan
  • Ngoc
    Options

Always remember, Ngoc...
    That we are ALL survivors here. Almost 6 years for me, many here much longer than that... As a member of this group, you are now surrounded by SURVIVORS! As you are also a survivor.

Kind regards, Susan

Hi Christmas Girl
    Thanks for your support. It was almost 2 years for me. I know that I'm a cancer survivor.....but I'm scared. Sometimes, I think about the past and what I've been through. I just feel like "the cancer cells" are always surrounding me. My oncologist told me that "Cancer cells COULD or NEVER COULD come back. Noone knows what could happen in the future" I understood and I agreed with what he told me....but...still "worried". Thanks for your comment, Susan
    Ngoc