Has anyone come across thymus, granuloma and thyroid symptoms

longingforhope
longingforhope Member Posts: 60
edited March 2014 in Lung Cancer #1
My 18 yr old daughter has has ongoing health problems since August of 2008. She had has 3 cts and the last one revealed that her thymus is growing into her lungs, that she has a calcified granuloma in her lung and nodules on her thyroid. We have been to the Oncocologist, ENT, Pulmonologist, Family Dr. etc. I scheduled an appointment with a major hospital clinic but wondered if anyone has come across these symptoms and if they have turned out to be lung cancer.

Comments

• catcon49
    catcon49 Member Posts: 398
    I had stage 1a lung cancer.
    I had stage 1a lung cancer. By coincidence I also have a nodule on my thyroid. Doctors are convinced there is no connection. Biopsy confirmed no thyroid cancer. As for the other symptoms I can not say. Continue with appointments. I think you are making the right move going to a major hospital.
  • longingforhope
    longingforhope Member Posts: 60
    catcon49 said:

I had stage 1a lung cancer.
    I had stage 1a lung cancer. By coincidence I also have a nodule on my thyroid. Doctors are convinced there is no connection. Biopsy confirmed no thyroid cancer. As for the other symptoms I can not say. Continue with appointments. I think you are making the right move going to a major hospital.

Thanks catcon49
    Thanks for the info, not quite what we had hoped to hear but I would rather know all the possibilities so thank you. I will post next week after we have our appt.