How about Tykerb/xeloda?

Options
Linda M
Linda M Member Posts: 10
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
i had posted before about going on the trial with herceptin and lapatnib together.
The other choice for me is Lapatnib/xeloda. I would love to know if anyone out there
is on this med and how it's working out. I have been so lucky with herceptin and I'm
pretty concerned now that I'm having to move to another treatment.
Thanks, Linda

Comments

• missibunni
    missibunni Member Posts: 1
    Options
    same trial for me
    i also have been recommended for the above trial except i will either be on herceptin or the lapatnib and would appreciate any input from anyone that has taken these. I am really scared and am looking at alternative non toxic treatments. thanks, stephanie.
  • Linda M
    Linda M Member Posts: 10
    Options

same trial for me
    i also have been recommended for the above trial except i will either be on herceptin or the lapatnib and would appreciate any input from anyone that has taken these. I am really scared and am looking at alternative non toxic treatments. thanks, stephanie.

My experience
    I have been treated with herceptin since 2003. It has had no side effects at all, did not
    interfere with my life at all (except having to go and get the infusions) and wiped out the
    mets I had in my lungs and beat back the bone mets pretty well at first, but then they came
    back. Herceptin is a great drug. I am scared now that I will likely have to come off it, but I hope for the same result with Lapatnib. Will you be on Lapatnib/xeloda combo or lapatnib alone?