Had to share!

Options
kmygil
kmygil Member Posts: 876 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hi All! I know it isn't relevant to this board, but I just had to share that my big sister finished her icky chemo today for her breast cancer. Yay! She has had chemo, surgery, chemo, and is scheduled for radiation and 1 year of herpecin plus anti-hormone tx. She was crying for joy even though she was about to fall down from chemo fatigue/nausea. Yes, there is a way to go, but boy did we celebrate long distance! She lives in Denmark so all the support has been by phone/mail/e-mail. I'm so grateful!

Kirsten

Comments

• PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Options
    Yea!
    It certainly is relevant, congrats on her being done with chemo Kirsten!
    -p
  • kimby
    kimby Member Posts: 797
    Options
    WooHoo!!
    I would hazard to say (especially given the current mood around here) that all things canzer are relevant here. ALL survivors are welcome here. ALL canzer qualifies you to post on this wonderful board. I would like to think we are all inclusive, equal opportunity offenders. LOL

Congratulations to you and your sister. I am so very happy for her! She has already been through so much and it must be incredibly difficult for you not being there. I'm sending good thoughts and prayers her way, and also to YOU. What a loving, caring sister you are. She is blessed to have you.

Kimby
  • VickiCO
    VickiCO Member Posts: 917
    Options
    Ditto
    This is GREAT news. I have a dear frind, 33 with two very young children, just diagnosed stage 4 breast cancer. Coincidentally she chose my oncologist. She called and asked if we could support each other, even though we have different cancers. YOU BET! Cancer is cancer after all.

All my hugs go to your sister today!! {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Vicki
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    Options
    VickiCO said:

Ditto
    This is GREAT news. I have a dear frind, 33 with two very young children, just diagnosed stage 4 breast cancer. Coincidentally she chose my oncologist. She called and asked if we could support each other, even though we have different cancers. YOU BET! Cancer is cancer after all.

All my hugs go to your sister today!! {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Vicki

Everything is relevant among friends.........
    Great news for sis.....Im happy for her..........
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Options
    Yipeee
    That is awesome news. It is always relevant to share news like that on any cancer board because it is a special event. I bet she was jumping for joy. Congratulations to her and you.

Kim