Hi there

Options
2»

Comments

• mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options

Welcome back Ninja, it's
    Welcome back Ninja, it's good to hear from you again. And congratulations on that new granddaughter. What a joy!! My new granddaughter is just a few weeks old.

I had a terrible time with Arimidex. I became very arthritic. My hands and arms were so weak I couldn't open a water bottle. Took about 2 mos after going off it to get back to normal. I changed to aromasin and so far so good. I didn't take glucosamine (as Marcia suggested) at that time but will do so if I run into problems with aromasin.

jan

Boy Jan you sure gained some
    Boy Jan you sure gained some weight. LOL
  • mmontero38
    Options
    Hi Ninja, glad to see you
    Hi Ninja, glad to see you posting again, and congratulations on the new granddaughter. I was on Tamoxifen for 15 months and they just switched me to Arimidex. I had developed severe swelling of the joints, joint pain and muscle cramps to the point where I couldn't make a fist. I've been on the Arimidex for 8 weeks now, and I have muscle cramping so, we'll see how long I last on this. I'm willing to try all meds that will reduce my recurrence rate. I do have hip pain, so I'm assuming it is from the Arimidex since I didn't have it before. Hugs, Lili
  • ninjamom
    ninjamom Member Posts: 142
    Options

Hi Ninja, glad to see you
    Hi Ninja, glad to see you posting again, and congratulations on the new granddaughter. I was on Tamoxifen for 15 months and they just switched me to Arimidex. I had developed severe swelling of the joints, joint pain and muscle cramps to the point where I couldn't make a fist. I've been on the Arimidex for 8 weeks now, and I have muscle cramping so, we'll see how long I last on this. I'm willing to try all meds that will reduce my recurrence rate. I do have hip pain, so I'm assuming it is from the Arimidex since I didn't have it before. Hugs, Lili

Lili!! Hi!! Like you, I will
    Lili!! Hi!! Like you, I will do whatever it takes to reduce the recurrence rate. The pain is actually not too bad, just anoying. I had to drop hercepting treatments and for a while I was concerned about recurrence but my Oncologist said it would be ok with just the arimidex.

Patty
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options

I just read your post
    Lili,
    I just read your post-that is too funny!
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Options

Yea, but I gained
    Yea, but I gained cleavage!!! And I quit smoking those old cigars LOL
  • ninjamom
    ninjamom Member Posts: 142
    Options
    Jadie said:

Welcome back Ninjamom
    It is good to hear from you again. I was wondering about you. It has been a while since you have posted. I am glad to hear that you are feeling better.

Have you had your vitamin D levels checked? Low levels can also cause joint and bone pain.

Congrats on the new little one. I just found out this morning that my daughter is expecting my second grandchild.

Hugs Jadie

Congratulations! When is the
    Congratulations! When is the baby due?
  • mmontero38
    Options

Yea, but I gained
    Yea, but I gained cleavage!!! And I quit smoking those old cigars LOL

Jan, cleavage is good, the
    Jan, cleavage is good, the cigars you can do without. LOL. Now, to get some cleavage, Hummmmm.