Options
2»

Comments

• dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    Options
    cats_toy said:

hi Dee
    I had a partial mastectomy, and 8 rounds of chemo. I was out for 4 days after surgery. My only real problem was trying to drive my car, manual shift. I worked throughout chemo and rads, just took the day off for chemo because it was usually 6+ hours each time. But as everyone says on these boards, we all react differently. I was lucky to have no real side effects, I went out car shopping with my nephew the day after my first treatment. Built retaining walls in my yard, gardened etc. You will know your limits, and just remember to not overdo. But regular physical activity is a good thing because you don't allow yourself to become sedentary.
    Good Luck with all to come
    =^..^=

Thanks Cats! Wow!
    I want to build retaining wall.I'm so impressed, but I'm so spooked about the lymphodema thing I'm afraid to do anything...
  • dyaneb123
    Options
    djteach said:

Hi Dee,
    Welcome! I am

Hi Dee,
    Welcome! I am originally from Chattanooga, TN, so I know exactly where you live and it is so beautiful. I was a teacher also for 26 years. I am stage IV with mets to my vertebra and my lungs. I'm on disability that I signed up for through my work. Thank God I did. My disability ins. was the smartest thing I every did as a teacher. I hope that your cancer is very early stage and that you will be able to work. There are many more women on here that know more than I do about chemo and working. I would assume it depends on what types of drugs they use and how you respond to them. The first chemo is always the scariest. Just make sure that you take all the meds. that they give you to treat side effects and you will be fine.

You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Love and gentle hugs,
    Donna

Thanks Donna
    I do have good insurence and I have a short term disability thing through Aflac but so far they have denied the claim...I'm hoping it's just a paperwork thing..anybody else have experience with this?
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    dyaneb123 said:

Thanks Guys
    You're right..it's the unknown factor that's freaking me out..but I feel great right now, so I'm planning to go to the local wellness center to start learning about nuitrition and fitness classes...Sick days have gotten me through this school year but they don't help in the summer....but I'm sure I'll find something..

Donna and Jadie
    I didn't know you both are from TN, or at least living there in Jadie's case. I'm out in MO after being born and raised in Middle TN. I've still got my TN accent, though, I am glad to report!
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Options
    Jadie said:

Hi Dee
    I am from east Tennessee. I love to visit (and shop in) Gatlinberg. It's just a couple of hours away.

I worked two weeks and took the week off from work that I had a treatment. I have a wonderful boss who let me have the time off. He actually laid me off and let me draw unemployment for that week. (shhhhhhhhhhhhh)

Maby you can find a job at another motel. That sounds like exactly what you need while doing treatment.

Jadie

Tennessee...........
    I sooooooooo wish we had voice chat in here........I love the tennessee accent!

Hugs Jxxxxx

Yey is anyone (with a nice accent) oh yahoo messenger?..(No Riff-Raff)LOLOL
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    dyaneb123 said:

Thanks Cats! Wow!
    I want to build retaining wall.I'm so impressed, but I'm so spooked about the lymphodema thing I'm afraid to do anything...

Dee, don't overdo
    I never had problems with the lymphodema, but also couldn't stop playing in the yard. Don't be jealous about the retaining wall, when my brother, the general contractor, came by and saw it, he laughed and fixed it for me, but I liked my crooked wall. Did the bricks, mortar digging etc. One problem I did have was when I lifted the pick over my head to dig the trench, I slipped and almost put the pick through my head....Oh well, lucky I have a thick head. he he
    take care and start slowly
    =^..^=
  • Jadie
    Jadie Member Posts: 723
    Options
    dyaneb123 said:

Hey Jadie
    Cool ! Where do

Hey Jadie
    Cool ! Where do you live? You'll have to come hang out...yeah I'll have to start looking into motels...I had a really great gig going...maybe I'll get lucky again.

Hi
    I live in Mountain City. Doubt that you have ever heard of it. It is close to VA and NC. Not far from Johnson City . I hope to get to come that way this summer.

Jadie
  • Jadie
    Jadie Member Posts: 723
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

Tennessee...........

Hugs Jxxxxx

Tash
    ..... whats ya talkin bout? Accent...... what accent?
  • dyaneb123
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

Tennessee...........

Hugs Jxxxxx

Ha! That's funny! My
    Ha! That's funny! My daughter went to school in CT. They thought my accent was hysterical.I could be across the room..and "Oh, I hear Dani's Mom". But I'm with you Jadie...what accent?