I Will Be Walking In The Relay For Life Today!!!!!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Options
    ladybug22 said:

thanks
    thank to you and your team

Thank you all!
    I put some more pics on my expressions page of our booth and of some of the team members. I lasted longer than I thought I would. lol It was held inside the school gym as the weather had been rainy, so, it wasn't quite as dramatic as I think it would have been outside. I saw so many people there and so many of us cried, laughed and hugged each other. It was an awesome night. I am so glad that I went. As I walked the survivor lap, I did mention each and every one of you and I prayed to God for the CURE for cancer. I know it is out there, it just needs to brought forward. It was a very emotional night for me. They were selling so many things, "the cure" teddy bears, beautiful "circle of hope" bracelets etc. Suddenly, I found myself being given all of these and then some. It touched my heart so deeply as this whole event did. It seems that we don't always realize or know how much others love us or how we touch their lives. It was amazing. Thank you all for you support! Love, Jeanne
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Jeanne D said:

Thank you all!
    I put some more pics on my expressions page of our booth and of some of the team members. I lasted longer than I thought I would. lol It was held inside the school gym as the weather had been rainy, so, it wasn't quite as dramatic as I think it would have been outside. I saw so many people there and so many of us cried, laughed and hugged each other. It was an awesome night. I am so glad that I went. As I walked the survivor lap, I did mention each and every one of you and I prayed to God for the CURE for cancer. I know it is out there, it just needs to brought forward. It was a very emotional night for me. They were selling so many things, "the cure" teddy bears, beautiful "circle of hope" bracelets etc. Suddenly, I found myself being given all of these and then some. It touched my heart so deeply as this whole event did. It seems that we don't always realize or know how much others love us or how we touch their lives. It was amazing. Thank you all for you support! Love, Jeanne

Hello, Genie!
    So, so happy the experience - your first Relay for Life - was wonderful for you! As I had sincerely hoped it would be! Awesome!

Thank YOU, again, for bringing all of us here with you last night!

Kind regards, Susan
  • Jeanne D
    Options

Hello, Genie!
    So, so happy the experience - your first Relay for Life - was wonderful for you! As I had sincerely hoped it would be! Awesome!

Thank YOU, again, for bringing all of us here with you last night!

Kind regards, Susan

Some of the "I Dream of Jeanne" Relay For Life Team!
    The Relay For Life was moved to the inside of the high school gym due to the weather and this is where my team had their booth at. What a great bunch! This pic just has some of them in it. I couldn't get them all together as so many were walking. lol

• RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    :-)
    Sorry I am late with my well wishes, I was not on the board yesterday. I hope you had a wonderful and rewarding walk, thank you for remember us while you were there! By the way, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the shirt!!!

RE
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    RE said:

Sorry I am late with my well wishes, I was not on the board yesterday. I hope you had a wonderful and rewarding walk, thank you for remember us while you were there! By the way, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the shirt!!!

RE

Thank you for sharing your
    Thank you for sharing your picture of your team. Your team had the coolest tshirts and are a great looking team. Congrats to you and your team!
  • Christmas Girl
    Options
    Jeanne D said:

The Relay For Life was moved to the inside of the high school gym due to the weather and this is where my team had their booth at. What a great bunch! This pic just has some of them in it. I couldn't get them all together as so many were walking. lol

Thanks for sharing, Genie!
    Nice photo! :-)

How 'bout RE's perfect little animation!

Kind regards, Susan
  • Christmas Girl
    Options
    RE said:

RE

To RE :-)
    Happy Day After Your Birthday, dear RE!

Kind regards, Susan
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options

To RE :-)
    Happy Day After Your Birthday, dear RE!

Kind regards, Susan

What a wonderful honor!
    What a wonderful honor! Your team looks great! Love the name!
  • Jeanne D
    Options
    RE said:

RE

Awww..I love that
    Awww..I love that RE...thanks :)
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Jeanne D said:

What an honor. Congrats on
    What an honor. Congrats on your team! I will walk in the one here this summer.
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I could feel my ears
    I could feel my ears burning, so, you must have been saying my name. lol Thanks Jeanne for remembering all of us! Hope you had a great time!
  • ninjamom
    ninjamom Member Posts: 142
    Options
    A little late but I get so
    A little late but I get so exited when survivors attend Relay for Life. My family and I have been relaying for 7 years, my oldest daughter and I are committee members. Last year was my first as a survivor. Our event is in September and again, this year, there will be a luminaria in honor of all the survivors in the network.

I hope you enjoyed the event.

Patty
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options
    ninjamom said:

A little late but I get so
    A little late but I get so exited when survivors attend Relay for Life. My family and I have been relaying for 7 years, my oldest daughter and I are committee members. Last year was my first as a survivor. Our event is in September and again, this year, there will be a luminaria in honor of all the survivors in the network.

I hope you enjoyed the event.

Patty

Thanks Patty!
    Oh,by the way,my name is Patty too!
    Thanks for remembering all of us in September-that's awesome to know!
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    I missed this discussion
    I'm not usually on the boards on the weekends, so I missed this. What an inspiration you are, Jeanne and Moopy. I love the pictures! Thank you for thinking of us and doing all you can to help beat this dreaded disease. Your walk makes such a big difference.

Mimi
  • Christmas Girl
    Options

Thanks Patty!
    Oh,by the way,my name is Patty too!
    Thanks for remembering all of us in September-that's awesome to know!

I'll join in with outdoorgirl!
    Thanks, ninjamom! For your on-going involvement with the ACS via your local Relay for Life events. And, I'm really touched by your intention to light a luminaria for the CSN members at the next Relay. So, thanks, again!

Kind regards, Susan
  • Jeanne D
    Options
    mimivac said:

I missed this discussion
    I'm not usually on the boards on the weekends, so I missed this. What an inspiration you are, Jeanne and Moopy. I love the pictures! Thank you for thinking of us and doing all you can to help beat this dreaded disease. Your walk makes such a big difference.

Mimi

Hey Everyone!
    Thank you for all of your wonderful comments! I have been MIA this week..lol Did you miss me? lol My hubby took me away on a surprise vacation and it was wonderful! Just what I/we needed! So, just wanted to say hi and glad to be back! Love you all! Jeanne
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options
    Jeanne D said:

Hey Everyone!
    Thank you for all of your wonderful comments! I have been MIA this week..lol Did you miss me? lol My hubby took me away on a surprise vacation and it was wonderful! Just what I/we needed! So, just wanted to say hi and glad to be back! Love you all! Jeanne

Welcome back
    Jeanne! A surprise vacation with hubby-ah,that sounds very nice!
  • Jeanne D
    Options

Welcome back
    Jeanne! A surprise vacation with hubby-ah,that sounds very nice!

Thanks Outdoor Girl! It was
    Thanks Outdoor Girl! It was very nice..I want to go again now..right NOW! lol