Options
13»

Comments

• Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options
    rjjj said:

yeah bugger that!
    from our one and only Tash. I couldn't agree more. Why deprive yourself of one little Mojito. Let me know how you make this and we will have a toast to it tomorrow!!
    love Jackie

Jackie - Mojito The drink is
    Jackie - Mojito The drink is simple, you open up a can or bottle, lot's of ice and some fresh mint and enjoy. Great summer drink.
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Options
    Kat11 said:

It's great to have all the
    It's great to have all the different opinions.

Crutches
    Yes, we all have to have some support. For some of us it's Religion, Family, Friends, Denial works well up to a point, Mind-Boggling Illicit Drugs, Hobbies and/or Drink. I don't do them all. But the only thing I wanted during chemo was a cold bottle of lager and pints of milk.... I'm sure it kept me alive. I'm now as lively as a cricket and still drinking the home-brew...and why not?
    Rules are made to be broken.
    Billy-O is kinda like "Going for it".. sort of, I don't really know it's just a word we use like "Heath Robinson" means a bodge job.
    Hope this helps (Yeah right, it won't!)

Hugs to you all Jxxxxxxx
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

Crutches
    Yes, we all have to have some support. For some of us it's Religion, Family, Friends, Denial works well up to a point, Mind-Boggling Illicit Drugs, Hobbies and/or Drink. I don't do them all. But the only thing I wanted during chemo was a cold bottle of lager and pints of milk.... I'm sure it kept me alive. I'm now as lively as a cricket and still drinking the home-brew...and why not?
    Rules are made to be broken.
    Billy-O is kinda like "Going for it".. sort of, I don't really know it's just a word we use like "Heath Robinson" means a bodge job.
    Hope this helps (Yeah right, it won't!)

Hugs to you all Jxxxxxxx

Thanks, J...
    OK, I now "get" Billy-O. Now, need translation for " 'Heath Robinson' means a bodge job. "

I don't know who Heath Robinson is, nor do I know what the heck a bodge job is...

Well, it helped some. So, thanks, again.

Kind regards, Susan
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Options

Thanks, J...
    OK, I now "get" Billy-O. Now, need translation for " 'Heath Robinson' means a bodge job. "

I don't know who Heath Robinson is, nor do I know what the heck a bodge job is...

Well, it helped some. So, thanks, again.

Kind regards, Susan

Billy-O
    Its sort of like when Paddy gets his new driving license, and the police catch him going like Billy-O down the middle of the motorway at 140 Miles per Hour..they ask him what the heck does he think he's on with....and he points to his driving license and it says quite plainly there.......TEAR ALONG DOTTED LINE!

Heath Robinson is when you cut so many corners, It just don't work. A really bad handyman.

You look at a gate that is hung so screwy that it won't even open......That's a Heath Robinson Job.
    Blimey. It would be so much easier if you lot spoke like us Limeys! LOLOL

Hugs Jxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

Billy-O
    Its sort of like when Paddy gets his new driving license, and the police catch him going like Billy-O down the middle of the motorway at 140 Miles per Hour..they ask him what the heck does he think he's on with....and he points to his driving license and it says quite plainly there.......TEAR ALONG DOTTED LINE!

Heath Robinson is when you cut so many corners, It just don't work. A really bad handyman.

You look at a gate that is hung so screwy that it won't even open......That's a Heath Robinson Job.
    Blimey. It would be so much easier if you lot spoke like us Limeys! LOLOL

Hugs Jxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks, J!
    Once again, thanks for the explanations.

You're a funny one, for sure! :-)

Kind regards, Susan