I Just Had A Yearly Follow Up Ultrasound & 2 Of My Nodules Grew

mhc4165
mhc4165 Member Posts: 46
edited March 2014 in Thyroid Cancer #1
I just posted about this in my topic question, Does My Thyroid FNA Sound Worrisome Some Hurthle Cells found. I just had a year follow up ultrasound of my 3 small thyroid nodules that were found by accident on an ultrasound I asked for in October 2006.

2 of them grew about 2mm bigger and even though the University of Penn radiologist doesn't seem concerned (yeah and the nodules are *not* in *her* thyroid!) should I be concernced? I know that many benign thyroid nodules grow too and recent research found that many small papillary thyroid cancers didn't grow in 8 years!

So growth or lack of growth often isn't that helpful. If anyone knows anything about this I would really appreciate a respnse.

Thank you.

Comments

• jpaster
    jpaster Member Posts: 1
    It doesn't hurt to get a
    It doesn't hurt to get a biopsy (not much at least). My endocrinologist did not think my nodules which were detected by ultrasound were anything to worry about, but they did come back cancerous (papillary). I would rather be safe than sorry.
  • jcvolt
    jcvolt Member Posts: 69
    jpaster said:

It doesn't hurt to get a
    It doesn't hurt to get a biopsy (not much at least). My endocrinologist did not think my nodules which were detected by ultrasound were anything to worry about, but they did come back cancerous (papillary). I would rather be safe than sorry.

My biopsy hurt
    First they injected my neck with Novocain which hurt. Then the tech operated the ultrasound pushing down on my thyroid while the doctor dug and dug took out 3 samples, the Novocain didn't seem to help at all. I was able to wait until I got to my car to cry. It does mess up your hormones for a few days afterwards.