2»

Comments

• Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    bfbear said:

Drains Out!!!!
    Hello my friends,

Glad you liked the pix. They are pretty adorable!

I got my drains out today, woo hoo! My skin was beginning to attach to them, so the initial tug past the little bulb was ouchy, but other than that it was a breeze!

I got the very stern admonishment to call if there was any inkling of an infection starting, no matter what the hour or day (and cautionary stories to make sure I got the message).

I am pooped, but wanted to post before going in to rest a bit.

With love from the new-improved drain-free,
    Debi

YAY!!!
    Wow, more good news! Drains out! I bet it feels really good to NOT have those things hanging around! Progress, real progress. Another big step along the way...

Glad you're resting, dear Debi, as you are supposed to be... :-)

Kind regards, Susan
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    bfbear said:

Drains Out!!!!
    Hello my friends,

I got my drains out today, woo hoo! My skin was beginning to attach to them, so the initial tug past the little bulb was ouchy, but other than that it was a breeze!

I got the very stern admonishment to call if there was any inkling of an infection starting, no matter what the hour or day (and cautionary stories to make sure I got the message).

Debi

Woo Hoo!
    Drain Free! So very glad for you! Get some rest and heal fast!
    =^..^=
  • ladybug22
    ladybug22 Member Posts: 646
    Options
    GOOD NEW
    i am so happy for you and thanks for the good news we love to here good news . God is good
  • djteach
    djteach Member Posts: 273
    Options
    bfbear said:

Drains Out!!!!
    Hello my friends,

Debi

I must have had chemo brain
    I must have had chemo brain to have missed this post!!! I am so happy for your good news!!!
    I want you to know that I have stage IV cancer and hearing stories and news like yours lifts me up to a higher plane of HAPPY. You give me hope, so if you want to feel guilty about that-go ahead. Okay, that came out sounding sarcastic didn't it? Oh, well I didn't mean for it to. I am so glad that the drains are gone too. What a pain they are.

You take care and know that I am doing my happy chair dance with my hot, pink, feather boa!

Love and gentle hugs.
    Donna
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    djteach said:

I must have had chemo brain
    I must have had chemo brain to have missed this post!!! I am so happy for your good news!!!
    I want you to know that I have stage IV cancer and hearing stories and news like yours lifts me up to a higher plane of HAPPY. You give me hope, so if you want to feel guilty about that-go ahead. Okay, that came out sounding sarcastic didn't it? Oh, well I didn't mean for it to. I am so glad that the drains are gone too. What a pain they are.

You take care and know that I am doing my happy chair dance with my hot, pink, feather boa!

Love and gentle hugs.
    Donna

Donna...
    You really need to post of picture of yourself with that hot pink feather boa! :-)

Kind regards, Susan
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options
    ladybug22 said:

GOOD NEW
    i am so happy for you and thanks for the good news we love to here good news . God is good

WOW , That's great news. So
    WOW , That's great news. So happy for you.
    Kathy
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    Kat11 said:

WOW , That's great news. So
    WOW , That's great news. So happy for you.
    Kathy

bfbear
    Really I could not be more happy for such good news!! kick that Ca beast in the ****!
    love ya, jackie
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options
    tgf said:

Me too...
    Debi ... I understand completely what you mean about feeling guilty. After reading about the rough rides some of the women on the board have experienced ... I also feel guilty. I "only" had a lumpectomy ... and the chemo I am having is NOT the strong stuff that is so tough on so many people. I'm "just" on taxol/herceptin and there is no nausea. I have such admiration for those who have travelled the tough road and continue to stay strong and determined.

There are (many!) times when I don't feel as though I even have breast cancer. If the doctor hadn't told me ... and I hadn't seen "it" on the mammogram ... I don't think I'd believe it. I guess I expected people with cancer to feel SICK! And ... I don't. It's sort of like ... I have a "mild" case of cancer. I don't feel as though I am fighting a fight ... or struggling as others do. What I am going through is NOTHING compared to what many others with breast cancer experience. I know I should consider myself very lucky ... and I do ... but there's still a part of me that is feeling guilty when I complain about my little problems and ask my "simple" little questions.

But ... I am so thankful for each and every one of you ... for being here ... with me ...

hugs.
    teena

Photobucket

I know this is a little late coming
    but Teena,
    Don't you ever feel bad that things were"easier" for you-just be thankful!!
    I was another one who had my moments,but felt like my cancer ride was mild compared to most!We are all in the battle!
  • djteach
    djteach Member Posts: 273
    Options
    oops
    Debi,
    I forgot that I had already answered this one. The great thing about having no short term memory is that I get to be happy all over again.
    Love and Gentle Hugs,
    Donna