Need help with prosthesis

Options
2»

Comments

• CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options

thanks
    I started rad yesterday and for some reason am already sore today so I am definitely going to be wearing nothing but the cami with cotton batting. I still will need to find a way to keep my "natural" breast from pointing so far south. I also read in some of the info that the doc gave me (I think from ACS) that you can weigh down the cotton form with stuff like fishing weights, sounds weird to me but I guess it might work.

Thanks for all the ideas.

Zahalene you are right none of us is perfect and soon I will stop dwelling on this. And I am jealous that you can wear 23 year old bras because I have gained so much weight in that amount of time it is not at all possible. Back then I was a 98 lb. weakling and now I am a
    ***lb weakling (oops the censors must have deleted it) haha

LOL, I did .......
    I did use fishing sinkers as a weight! I had the lightweight foam prosthesis and it kept "popping" upwards, so that i was lopsided. So I got a very small plastic bag and put some of my son's small fishing sinkers in it until it seemed the right weight. Then I buried the bag of weights in the batting in the prosthesis. It worked! I have also heard of people using marbles for weight.

CR