Options
2»

Comments

• tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    Kristin N said:

That is the BEST news about
    That is the BEST news about your nodes being clean! And, I am so glad that you posted Debi. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and Happy Mother's Day to you!

Great news
    Debi,
    I am glad that the nodes were clean and now all you have to do is rest but I don't know how you are going to do that with a new dog. I know that I can't have morphine because of severe headaches and vomiting so they never gave me morphine. Each day will be easier.

Thinking of you this weekend.

Gentle hugs,
    Margo
  • tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
    Options

Great news
    Debi,
    I am glad that the nodes were clean and now all you have to do is rest but I don't know how you are going to do that with a new dog. I know that I can't have morphine because of severe headaches and vomiting so they never gave me morphine. Each day will be easier.

Thinking of you this weekend.

Gentle hugs,
    Margo

Debi
    So glad you were able to let us know how well everything went (aside from feeling the nausea ... ick!) but it sounds like you've got a lot of people there to help you out ... so take it easy and let them wait on you hand and foot. Don't overdo!

Can't wait to see the pictures of your healing tree ... and the new puppy. Willow is beautiful and I want to see a picture of Willow (and those blue eyes!) ... in daughters arms ... in Willow's new home. That's a very lucky little puppy!

Take care.

Photobucket

hugs.
    teena
  • CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    bfbear said:

Debi the Bear Lives!!!!
    Hello everyone,

Thank you all sooooooooooooo much for your thoughts, prayers, and adorable graphics. I've missed you the last few days.

All went well. The tumors were larger than originally thought, but the nodes were clear. I will get the results of the final pathology report on Tuesday when I see the surgeon (and later the plastic surgeon --I have check-ups with both on Tuesday). The surgery took 7 hours, but both surgeons were very pleased because I had so little body fat (HA! I know where it all is!)

The drains ARE a pain, and the tape is very itchy, but I've got the routine down pat. My sister stayed with me at the hospital, which was especially nice the first night, because I was horribly nauseous and had a viscious headache from the anesthesia that the morphine didn't erase. So, obviously, I stayed for two nights. The nurses were wonderful, the hospital was very quiet, and the room was lovely. So, if you've got to be in a hospital, this one was very nice!

My healing tree is an amazing sight. When I can get a picture, I will post a new one.

I'm still pretty sore and taking two pain pills every 4 hours, along with a prophylactic antibiotic that they put me on (by IV originally). My new boobs are pretty swollen and misshapen, so I am not looking at them. Trust me, it's not a pretty sight, but I know that all of you have been there (Joe by proxy).

I'm trying to be coherent, but I have a feeling this is pretty "stream of consciousness" compared to most of my writing, but I wanted you to know I'm fine and that all is well.

So, that's it for now. My sister, daughters, and husband are takinggood care of me. The new puppy, Willow, arrives tomorrow and life will be crazy again for awhile!

Again, thanks for all your outpourings of love and concern. I love you all and so appreciate your messages.

Love you,
    Debi

Debi.........
    Debi, so happy that your surgery is over and that everything is going well!

It sounds like you are surrounded by a lot of wonderful and caring people to help you out. So take it easy and let them care for you!

Can't wait to meet Willow! How exciting!

Take care & know that we are all thinking about you!

CR
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    tgf said:

Debi
    So glad you were able to let us know how well everything went (aside from feeling the nausea ... ick!) but it sounds like you've got a lot of people there to help you out ... so take it easy and let them wait on you hand and foot. Don't overdo!

Can't wait to see the pictures of your healing tree ... and the new puppy. Willow is beautiful and I want to see a picture of Willow (and those blue eyes!) ... in daughters arms ... in Willow's new home. That's a very lucky little puppy!

Take care.

Photobucket

hugs.
    teena

Hi Debi!
    I am hoping that today you are feeling better! And, I can't wait to see new pics of your healing tree too! Take Care!
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
    Options
    Noel said:

Hi Debi!
    I am hoping that today you are feeling better! And, I can't wait to see new pics of your healing tree too! Take Care!

Debi, glad to hear you are
    Debi, glad to hear you are doing well, although recovering is a real pain in the posterier. Take things nice and easy, and know we are all watching your progress. Hug that new dog for me.....kind of like a healing breath of fresh air. Hugs.

Judy
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    bfbear said:

Debi the Bear Lives!!!!
    Hello everyone,

Thank you all sooooooooooooo much for your thoughts, prayers, and adorable graphics. I've missed you the last few days.

All went well. The tumors were larger than originally thought, but the nodes were clear. I will get the results of the final pathology report on Tuesday when I see the surgeon (and later the plastic surgeon --I have check-ups with both on Tuesday). The surgery took 7 hours, but both surgeons were very pleased because I had so little body fat (HA! I know where it all is!)

The drains ARE a pain, and the tape is very itchy, but I've got the routine down pat. My sister stayed with me at the hospital, which was especially nice the first night, because I was horribly nauseous and had a viscious headache from the anesthesia that the morphine didn't erase. So, obviously, I stayed for two nights. The nurses were wonderful, the hospital was very quiet, and the room was lovely. So, if you've got to be in a hospital, this one was very nice!

My healing tree is an amazing sight. When I can get a picture, I will post a new one.

I'm still pretty sore and taking two pain pills every 4 hours, along with a prophylactic antibiotic that they put me on (by IV originally). My new boobs are pretty swollen and misshapen, so I am not looking at them. Trust me, it's not a pretty sight, but I know that all of you have been there (Joe by proxy).

I'm trying to be coherent, but I have a feeling this is pretty "stream of consciousness" compared to most of my writing, but I wanted you to know I'm fine and that all is well.

So, that's it for now. My sister, daughters, and husband are takinggood care of me. The new puppy, Willow, arrives tomorrow and life will be crazy again for awhile!

Again, thanks for all your outpourings of love and concern. I love you all and so appreciate your messages.

Love you,
    Debi

Keep an eye on the tape. If
    Keep an eye on the tape. If it is itchy it might be a reaction. My tape was itchy and I thought that was just how it was. When it came off, I had welts all along the edges where the tape was. The surgeon said it was an allergic reaction to the tape. It didn't create a problem, just itchy. She had me use benadryl and it cleared up. It looked a little like hives. So if it stays itchy call and ask about it.
    And I am glad that the nodes were clear and that you are recouping.
    Stef
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    fauxma said:

Keep an eye on the tape. If
    Keep an eye on the tape. If it is itchy it might be a reaction. My tape was itchy and I thought that was just how it was. When it came off, I had welts all along the edges where the tape was. The surgeon said it was an allergic reaction to the tape. It didn't create a problem, just itchy. She had me use benadryl and it cleared up. It looked a little like hives. So if it stays itchy call and ask about it.
    And I am glad that the nodes were clear and that you are recouping.
    Stef

I asked for paper tape
    For the biopsy I had the reaction of skin getting red and itchy so for the mastectomy surgery I asked for paper tape and didn't have a problem.
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    bfbear said:

Debi the Bear Lives!!!!
    Hello everyone,

Love you,
    Debi

Been holding my breath waiting to hear from you!
    Whew, now I can breathe again! Great to hear from you and glad you are doing well. I always use a small soft personal (like the airlines use) pillow under my arm after surgery to help to cush the incision, it works wonders.

cat hold breath Pictures, Images and Photos

Take Care,

RE
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Options

Debi, glad to hear you are
    Debi, glad to hear you are doing well, although recovering is a real pain in the posterier. Take things nice and easy, and know we are all watching your progress. Hug that new dog for me.....kind of like a healing breath of fresh air. Hugs.

Judy

Debi
    Soooooooooo relieved. Thanks for keeping in touch.

Hugs Jxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    bfbear said:

Debi the Bear Lives!!!!
    Hello everyone,

Love you,
    Debi

Healing tree
    Deb, I hope you have a good spot to look at your healing tree. It is so beautiful. Think of all the people who love you so much when you look at it. I'm glad your family is taking such good care of you. and enjoy your new puppy, what a great idea!! Willow will help you to laugh and heal. Imagine that I just put a HUGE pink survivor ribbon on your tree and gave you many virtual hugs!!
    love
    jackie
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    bfbear said:

Debi the Bear Lives!!!!
    Hello everyone,

Love you,
    Debi

I'm so glad
    clean nodes! I am so, so glad for you. Lynn
  • bfbear
    bfbear Member Posts: 380
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

Debi
    Soooooooooo relieved. Thanks for keeping in touch.

Hugs Jxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm Still Here...Just Tired
    Hi everyone,

Just letting you know I'm still here and reading your notes (and loving the fact that so many incredible women care about me!!)
    In spite of having people here to help, I am still doing a lot...it's just hard to stay still for long. So, of course I am tired. Plus, I'm not sleeping at night because I'm not getting any exercise.

I saw the plastic surgeon today (tomorrow the breast surgeon), and she suggested I take Xanax to sleep at night, plus an antihistimine to help with the itching (although I got rid of the tape itchies, the compression bra she's got me in has caused a relentless itch/severe rash around the band area and the straps around the back). Yeah...between the amazing colors of the bruising (more than "usual" according to her), the unique shapes from the swelling, the lovely drainage tubes, and the rash, well I'm just real uncomfortable and feeling pretty gross.

I know it all will pass. I know I am healing, I know all the things I am supposed to know, especially about being patient. I'm just not good at putting all that knowledge into practice!!!
    Ah, the lessons of The Beast.

Ayyway, I love you all and wanted you to know how much I appreciate coming here and seeing your "hellos," and good wishes.

Love and barely bear hugs,
    Debi
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Options
    bfbear said:

Hi everyone,

Just letting you know I'm still here and reading your notes (and loving the fact that so many incredible women care about me!!)
    In spite of having people here to help, I am still doing a lot...it's just hard to stay still for long. So, of course I am tired. Plus, I'm not sleeping at night because I'm not getting any exercise.

I saw the plastic surgeon today (tomorrow the breast surgeon), and she suggested I take Xanax to sleep at night, plus an antihistimine to help with the itching (although I got rid of the tape itchies, the compression bra she's got me in has caused a relentless itch/severe rash around the band area and the straps around the back). Yeah...between the amazing colors of the bruising (more than "usual" according to her), the unique shapes from the swelling, the lovely drainage tubes, and the rash, well I'm just real uncomfortable and feeling pretty gross.

I know it all will pass. I know I am healing, I know all the things I am supposed to know, especially about being patient. I'm just not good at putting all that knowledge into practice!!!

Ayyway, I love you all and wanted you to know how much I appreciate coming here and seeing your "hellos," and good wishes.

Debi

Featherlight. Glad you are keeping up with stuff here, we all care about you. Hugs Jxxxxxxxx
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    bfbear said:

Hi everyone,

Debi

Hi Debi, so glad to see you
    Hi Debi, so glad to see you posting. I also had the itchies and a severe rash, turns out I'm allergic to the adhesive in the surgical tape.I took Zyrtec and it helped. And.... will you please stop doing things and let everyone pamper you for a little while. I know it's difficult for you but you really need to let yourself heal. Gentle hugs to you, Lili
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    bfbear said:

Hi everyone,

Debi

Thinking of You, Deb
    So glad to hear the long-awaited surgery went well-- and clean nodes! That is great news. You take care of yourself and let others help you. (You'll need the energy for your pup!) Thank you for taking the time to keep us updated. My hubby and I have been thinking of you.
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    bfbear said:

Hi everyone,

Debi

Awww, Debi...
    Good to see you here! Though sorry for all of your discomfort: the itchies, bruising, swelling... ouch!

Please do try the Xanax - you REALLY need to sleep. You really need to REST. You'll heal more quickly, and better.

Hope all goes well for you tomorrow, at your appointment with surgeon #2.

Kind regards, Susan
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    bfbear said:

Hi everyone,

Debi

big fork?
    Hi Debi - Good to hear from you. Keep recovering and recovering and recovering.