HAPPY CINCO DE MAYO

Options
2»

Comments

• chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options

What an absolutely adorable
    What an absolutely adorable little guy. Look at those eyes! Who's holding the treat for him???

I have no idea what cinco de mayo is or means but I'll toast to it whatever it is. :)

5th of may
    Cinco de Mayo is just today's date the 5th of May in Spanish. It is a date celebrated incorrectly in the U.S. as Mexican Independence Day ( which is actually in September) but it does mark the date of the Mexicans winning a decisive battle against the French in a locale called Puebla...

At any rate, it is rather like St Patrick's Day~ with bands, music, dancing, drinking, and as Cats_Toy said earlier, just as all can "be" Irish on St. Patrick's Day, all can "be" Mexican today! Those communities with large Mexican or Hispanic hertigages have major celebrations! California and Texas celebrate BIG as you might imagine!

Drink a Cyber Margarita, or a cyber-shooter of Tequila, and we'll pass the cyber Guacamole and chips!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Options
    chenheart said:

5th of may
    Cinco de Mayo is just today's date the 5th of May in Spanish. It is a date celebrated incorrectly in the U.S. as Mexican Independence Day ( which is actually in September) but it does mark the date of the Mexicans winning a decisive battle against the French in a locale called Puebla...

At any rate, it is rather like St Patrick's Day~ with bands, music, dancing, drinking, and as Cats_Toy said earlier, just as all can "be" Irish on St. Patrick's Day, all can "be" Mexican today! Those communities with large Mexican or Hispanic hertigages have major celebrations! California and Texas celebrate BIG as you might imagine!

Drink a Cyber Margarita, or a cyber-shooter of Tequila, and we'll pass the cyber Guacamole and chips!

Hugs,
    Claudia

Thanks for the info Claudia,
    Thanks for the info Claudia, sounds like fun. I will definetely do a bottoms up with both drinks and since it's all cyber I don't have to worry about a hangover.

Cheers
    jan
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Options
    chenheart said:

5th of may

Hugs,
    Claudia

Thanks for the info Claudia,
    Thanks for the info Claudia, sounds like fun. I will definitely do a bottoms up with both drinks and since it's all cyber I don't have to worry about a hangover.

Cheers
    jan
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options
    chenheart said:

Surgeries
    Now that is fascinating! I on the other hand wear socks at the always freezing gyno office, and would wear crotch-less panties if I thought I could get away with that, and have oftentimes thought that at the very least, Where's Waldo puzzles should be all over the ceilings of her office so that I could be further distracted while she is checking my plumbing!

And then there is that other side of me who doesn't ever wear the backwards gown during a mammogram ( what's to be modest about at this point?) and, after years of being poked, prodded, pulled, pushed, not to mention having my breasts commented on by seemingly thousands of medical professionals since my dx~ I think I should join the ranks of those doing Nude Calendars for Cancer Research. I even believe I have the PERFECT name for the calendar~ "SCARBUCKS"! We have all indeed been scarred by the beast, be it emotionally or physically. Just a thought! C'mon sisters~ if Helen Miren can do it, not to mention the Full Monty group, what's stopping us??? LOL

Ask your law office what hoops I need to jump through so as not to be sued by a certain coffee company with a similar name in Seattle! LOL

Hugs,
    Claudia

Sounds like a plan
    Claudia,
    That sounds like a good idea! Not for me though,I lost 40 lbs going through chemo and have managed to put it all back on! I know what you mean about losing the modesty though-I think between all of my doctors and nurses,they have seen every inch of me. The most embarrassing and vulnerable was the rectal exam when my blood counts were very low-and of course I made it worse and gave them a little strip show I'm sure when I was facing the wrong way and had to readjust myself with just that bit of paper over my torso... Some things you never forget!!
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    What a cutie Re and Happy
    What a cutie Re and Happy Cinco de Mayo to you too. Hugs, Lili
  • mmontero38
    Options
    KathiM said:

WHAT a cutie!!!!
    Also, today is exactly 4 years from surgery.

AND my mom's 86th birthday!!!

Hugs, Kathi

Wooohoooo Kathi! Happy
    Wooohoooo Kathi! Happy Anniversary to you and Happy Birthday to your Mom!!!! Hugs, Lili
  • mmontero38
    Options
    lynn1950 said:

Thanks RE
    This has been a crying morning and your picture put a smile on my face. Hope you are feeling well and your recovery is going great. Love, Lynn

Hope you're still smiling
    Hope you're still smiling Lynn, no more tears today. Otherwise, I'll have to send you more than 1 margarita. Hugs, Lili
  • mmontero38
    Options

I'm from the 60-70 era and I
    I'm from the 60-70 era and I told my son we gave him everything, good drugs, good rock'n roll. What did he do, he rebelled and became a cop. No respect whatsoever!!

LOL Jan, how dare he?
    LOL Jan, how dare he? Hehehehe You must be very proud of him. Hugs, Lili
  • EveningStar2
    EveningStar2 Member Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

I love, I love, I love, my calendar girl!
    Who would want to look at us?! what does that have to do with anything?? Look at all of the wrapping paper, cookie dough, jog-a-thons etc we have been guilted into buying for who knows how many years? I say, guilt 'em all back! HAHAHA I would take this calendar to my Cancer Center! I can't imagine that my onco doc, my surgeon and all of the RNs wouldn't buy one or two or a dozen! How could they turn us down? And then, all of the ppl who always contribute to my Relay For Life~ well, they would also get a calender!

And yeah, I was a hippie in the 60's~ as I told my niece...MY generation absolutely invented everything, so don't even think of trying to pull a fast one !

Hugs,
    Claudia

Calender girls
    It actually isn't a bad idea. Have you seen the movie calender girls? We could do that--they didn't really show anything!!

Maureen
  • GreeneyedGirl
    GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077
    Options

What a cutie Re and Happy
    What a cutie Re and Happy Cinco de Mayo to you too. Hugs, Lili

Lympho~DIVA'S
    that's the name of the calendar~girls!
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options

Lympho~DIVA'S
    that's the name of the calendar~girls!

@>----->----->----
    LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT! You made me laugh out loud, thanks!
  • djteach
    djteach Member Posts: 273
    Options
    Re,
    What a cutie!! That face made my day!!! My Latino Amigos call it Cinco de Drinko.(don't you use the o-male form for a mixed group-men and women? Or have I forgotten that, too.

Happy Cinco De Mayo!
    Donna
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    peggy65 said:

hey lynn, what's going on? i
    hey lynn, what's going on? i am sorry that you are having such a hard day. i hope the weather doesn't have anything to do with it. here in the east it is pouring rain. keep the faith, lynn. tomorrow is another day. love, peggy

Thanks Peggy
    Who knows? It's that semi-truck of dread life that just barrels down the highway with no brakes. Hope your day is a smiling day today. Love, Lynn
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options

Hope you're still smiling
    Hope you're still smiling Lynn, no more tears today. Otherwise, I'll have to send you more than 1 margarita. Hugs, Lili

Send those margaritas on!
    I work Monday, Wednesday and Friday, so my chances to post are erratic. But thanks for the uplifting (though I have nothing to "uplift") post. Hugs back. Lynn