wanted to show off my "2 year anniv" tattoo

Options
2»

Comments

• seof
    seof Member Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    it is beautiful
    I think of Butterflies as a symbol of Christian faith...death to the old, earthbound life and rebirth to the new, God-focused life full of second chances and the chance to start over. Your dragonfly is rather butterfly-ish. It is definitely focused on upward flight and is full of life and energy! The location is good too because you can easily choose whether to let it show or not. Good choice!

Live as well as you can for as long as you can. seof
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options

Creative and inspirational
    Hi Cat~ my kids are into tattoos-they are 18-27. I only have the 2 from my radiation treatment. Boy, did i get a laugh from them when I called to say "I've been tattoo'd"--they were like "what? does dad know?" Yours are creatively thought out, and inspiring to look at. I know my kids tats are well thought out, and of importance to them. Me, I'm too chicken to face the needle.
    melanie

Scared of needles... :-(
    Me, too, Melanie. Wasn't before BC & treatment.

I insist on minimizing "sticks" (as I call them).

Thank goodness my ears have been pierced since high school! Ha ha!

Kind regards, Susan

P.S.: My onc claims this phobia is very common for us...
  • Christmas Girl
    Options
    It is beautiful, Cat!
    Lovely, and so meaningful! Thanks for sharing!

Forgive your mom. My mom also hates tattoos. That's just THEIR generation!

Kind regards, Susan

P.S.: Heartfelt congratulations for your 2 year anniversary! YAY! :-)
  • Eil4186
    Eil4186 Member Posts: 949
    Options
    Cat, I love your tat! I also
    Cat, I love your tat! I also got one around my 2yr anniv. I got a pink lotus flower with 2 buds and green vines/leaves on my lower back. It represents of course the journey. I am planning one for the same location as yours. Congrats on your 2 yrs of good health and thanls for sharing your beautiful work of art!
  • Kaymc
    Kaymc Member Posts: 19
    Options
    Love it!! I plan on getting
    Love it!! I plan on getting a pink ribbon one after my reconstruction is done. You have inspired me to be more creative!
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options
    I love it.

I love it.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options

It is beautiful, Cat!
    Lovely, and so meaningful! Thanks for sharing!

Forgive your mom. My mom also hates tattoos. That's just THEIR generation!

Kind regards, Susan

P.S.: Heartfelt congratulations for your 2 year anniversary! YAY! :-)

Tats...again! LOL
    Hey. sweet Christmas Girl..I just looked at your personal page, and it has you as in the same age group as me~ and I don't have or want tattoos either! LOL So what generation did you mean??? :-) When I was in my 20's the "old men" ( those in their 50's!!!) who had been in the military seemed to all have tattoos! Especially Navy vets!

Granted, it wasn't anything women did much, and that has changed. I think, for me, I don't like the permanence of tattoos. I LOVED my bouffant hairdo in the 1960's ala Jackie Kennedy, I adored wearing white lipstick then too, I liked my b/f wearing Canoe cologne, I liked fishnet stockings with hotpants! Etc etc etc. I'm sure you get my point! But when I stopped liking those things, I got to NOT have them anymore! That is my "fear" with tats...I don't want to hate the design in 2 years, or even right away. My 20 something niece in 100 degree temperatures had to wear long-sleeved shirts working in a kitchen, cause her tattoo to honor me ( hummingbird holding a pink ribbon) is on her writst. And no visible tattoos were allowed. Even those which showed I am a nature lover and a Cancer Survivor! Go figure!

So....thankfully, though I can admire the artistry, it just doesn't call my name! For me, it isn't generational at all! My 53 year old sister has about 10 tattoos and don't even ask which parts she has pierced!!!! TMI I know! But I'm just saying, age be damned...we either have tats or we don't.

Hugs,
    Claudia

PS...PLEASE be smiling as you read this post! I mean no harm~ honestly! :-)
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Options
    I love your tattoo Cat. I
    I love your tattoo Cat. I had always thought of it but wanted it to have special meaning. Looks like yours does. When I was a fair bit younger the only women who had tats were girlfriends to bikers and it usually said "property of". Can you imagine carrying that with you for the rest of your life.? I'm glad to see art has infiltrated the tat scene and yours is so unique. I really like the fairy one as well. Good choice.

jan
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options

I love your tattoo Cat. I
    I love your tattoo Cat. I had always thought of it but wanted it to have special meaning. Looks like yours does. When I was a fair bit younger the only women who had tats were girlfriends to bikers and it usually said "property of". Can you imagine carrying that with you for the rest of your life.? I'm glad to see art has infiltrated the tat scene and yours is so unique. I really like the fairy one as well. Good choice.

jan

thank you all
    thanks for all the great commentary on tattoos. Even as we are all one in our fight against the beast, we have such differing opinions about many of lifes other adventures. Some say the skin is sacred, do not change, others consider it a blank canvas to design as you see fit, and others still think the art would look good on others, but it's not for them. That is what makes this group strong, because with all of our different opinions, we can still come together to bring comfort, encourage and empathize with everyones experiences. Thank you all again for the wonderful input!
    Cat
  • VSTAR27
    VSTAR27 Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Tattoo
    I love your tattoo. It is very eloquent. I also like dragonflies. They stand for courage. I actually have a tattoo of one that I got several years ago before I ever started this fight against Breast Cancer. I have to say it is very fitting that it stands for courage

Vickie
  • cats_toy
    Options
    VSTAR27 said:

Tattoo
    I love your tattoo. It is very eloquent. I also like dragonflies. They stand for courage. I actually have a tattoo of one that I got several years ago before I ever started this fight against Breast Cancer. I have to say it is very fitting that it stands for courage

Vickie

Vickie
    thanks! love it! I am Vicki too (diff spelling), so maybe it's a name thing. I have been called Cat for over 30 years, my husband met me that way, so I answer to both (others too, but that's another story), glad you like the tat.
    Cat
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    cats_toy said:

Vickie
    thanks! love it! I am Vicki too (diff spelling), so maybe it's a name thing. I have been called Cat for over 30 years, my husband met me that way, so I answer to both (others too, but that's another story), glad you like the tat.
    Cat

Hi Cat
    believe it or not..it took 3 days for your pic. of your tat to show up on my computer!! couldn't find a refresh button. Guess it is chemo-brain!lol Anyway i wanted to tell you it is just beautiful! I can't wait to get mine. Maybe when i am in Billings with my daughter doing rads. I also thank you for posting pics of your hair on your expression page. It gives me hope that..mine will grow!!haha. Also you are very beautiful. Cat I love the tat!
    hugs
    Jackie
  • cats_toy
    Options
    rjjj said:

Hi Cat
    believe it or not..it took 3 days for your pic. of your tat to show up on my computer!! couldn't find a refresh button. Guess it is chemo-brain!lol Anyway i wanted to tell you it is just beautiful! I can't wait to get mine. Maybe when i am in Billings with my daughter doing rads. I also thank you for posting pics of your hair on your expression page. It gives me hope that..mine will grow!!haha. Also you are very beautiful. Cat I love the tat!
    hugs
    Jackie

so glad!
    thanks, but I just changed the pic again, it did look as if I had turned my back on you all (me too!), now my cat laughing hysterically is up. Glad the pics helped, I do hate my own pic, but hair is hair!
    good luck to you and yours!
    Cat
  • Christmas Girl
    Options
    cats_toy said:

so glad!
    thanks, but I just changed the pic again, it did look as if I had turned my back on you all (me too!), now my cat laughing hysterically is up. Glad the pics helped, I do hate my own pic, but hair is hair!
    good luck to you and yours!
    Cat

FUNNY KITTY!
    Soooooo cute!

Kind regards, Susan

P.S.: From one pet lover to another, thanks for sharing!
  • Christmas Girl
    Options
    rjjj said:

Hi Cat
    hugs
    Jackie

"Refresh" Button...
    Hi, Jackie! I don't know if they're all the same, but anyway...

Look up at the top - mine's at the left, looks like a circular arrow pointing upwards.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards, Susan
  • Mikes Sunshine
    Mikes Sunshine Member Posts: 129
    Options

"Refresh" Button...
    Hi, Jackie! I don't know if they're all the same, but anyway...

Look up at the top - mine's at the left, looks like a circular arrow pointing upwards.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards, Susan

Jackie
    Hi, My refresh button is on the top right next to where you type in a web address. It is two green arrows. one is pointing up and the other is pointing down. good luck I hope this helps.
    Nancy