Heads Up! national Cancer Survivors Day is coming!

trainer
trainer Member Posts: 241
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
It's just May 1, but I thought I'd alert you all a bit early to National Cancer Survivors Day, June 7. A friend of mine in radio who keeps track of these things sent it to me today. Not sure how I'll celebrate it, maybe just a prayer to ask that a cure be found and that all of us who have or have had the big C, will be around to celebrate the National Cancer Day the following year.

Any ideas on an appropriate celebration for that day?

Comments

• PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    D-Day + 1
    I didn't know that Trainer. Every day we are here is Cancer Survivors Day but it would be nice to do something that we all find enjoying (as individuals) and also maybe spend a little extra time with those we love. It falls on a Sunday, that's great. Maybe we could do an Abbie Hoffman type of thing and all concentrate on finding a cure for cancer or as Trainer suggested, take time out for a prayer or however you want to send the message of good health to all?

I would like to kayak or do something outdoors with my wife and the boys.

I wonder if Hallmark has caught wind of this yet?
    "Roses are red,
    violets are blue,
    I don't have cancer,
    but YOU do"

or maybe I'll just get REALLY drunk and shoot some rats at the dump

Seriously, thanks for the heads up Trainer. It's a tough battle we all face and we deserve a pat on the back for our great work.
    -phil
  • jenben59
    jenben59 Member Posts: 136 Member
    PhillieG said:

D-Day + 1
    I didn't know that Trainer. Every day we are here is Cancer Survivors Day but it would be nice to do something that we all find enjoying (as individuals) and also maybe spend a little extra time with those we love. It falls on a Sunday, that's great. Maybe we could do an Abbie Hoffman type of thing and all concentrate on finding a cure for cancer or as Trainer suggested, take time out for a prayer or however you want to send the message of good health to all?

I would like to kayak or do something outdoors with my wife and the boys.

I wonder if Hallmark has caught wind of this yet?
    "Roses are red,
    violets are blue,
    I don't have cancer,
    but YOU do"

or maybe I'll just get REALLY drunk and shoot some rats at the dump

Seriously, thanks for the heads up Trainer. It's a tough battle we all face and we deserve a pat on the back for our great work.
    -phil

Oh, Phillieg!
    Again, you made me laugh! The Hallmark verse...but really the "maybe I'll get REALLY drunk and shoot some rats at the dump." Please, go have a great Survivors Day with your wife and kids. You deserve it you make me laugh.
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Thanks for the heads up on
    Thanks for the heads up on that, Trainer. Didn't realize it. Since it's on a Sunday, I may be able to have my church do some sort of observance. We have a fair number of survivors or family members of survivors.

*hugs*
    Gail