How are you doing Debi?

Options
tgf
tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Debi ... I know you are scheduled for surgery on Wednesday and I just wondered how you were doing. I'm sure you wish it was all over with ... but it won't be long until it will be.

hugs.
teena

Comments

• mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    Good wishes
    Hope you are doing OK, too. Write when you can.
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Debi, dear...
    Are you just busy? Making preparations? Getting everything in order before next week?

I've seen you consistently responding within the threads, but...

This is a call out! (Thanks, teena!)

How are YOU? :-)

Kind regards, Susan
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    Debi's Surgery
    I believe (not absolutely sure) that she last posted that her surgery is scheduled for May 6 or 8th. Tried to find her message but no luck. Was thinking this next Friday is the day. I wanted to be sure so that I can remember and include her in prayers especially then.

Debi, I also am thinking of you and appreciate so much your posts. You are a wonderful new voice to this board. I hope you are having a great Friday and a good weekend before you finally get that long-awaited surgery done! We will be here for you.
  • bfbear
    bfbear Member Posts: 380
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

Debi's Surgery
    I believe (not absolutely sure) that she last posted that her surgery is scheduled for May 6 or 8th. Tried to find her message but no luck. Was thinking this next Friday is the day. I wanted to be sure so that I can remember and include her in prayers especially then.

Debi, I also am thinking of you and appreciate so much your posts. You are a wonderful new voice to this board. I hope you are having a great Friday and a good weekend before you finally get that long-awaited surgery done! We will be here for you.

I'm Here!
    Hi Everyone,

I'm here. I'm OK...a bit anxious and overwhelmed with everything at the moment, but OK.

The surgery is May 6th (good memory, Moopy..no chemo brain there!!). Pre-op stuff was yesterday: blood work, chest X-ray, EKG, all good. I was pretty stressed about it, because last week I caught a nasty cold/sinus thing and ended up with bronchitis. Finally got a Z-pac on Monday, and am doing much better, but I was beside myself worrying that they would postpone the surgery. But, as I said, all is well. All that's left is a little cough.

It's just all the "normal" things in my life, i.e. Xiaoxiao, my 10-yr-old,our dog Taz, puppy-to-be Willow/getting ready for her arrival, family coming/getting ready for their arrival, school project that we just found out about that's due in 2 weeks, XX's violin practice & lessons, AND everyone who is SOOOOOOOOOO concerned calling, emailing, etc., etc. etc. I am really, really, really tired, and I really, really, really want this surgery over with so it's one less thing to think about! (vent, vent, vent)

Sooooooooooo, that's how I am!!!! I know that ALL of YOU understand, so thanks for listening and for worrying about where I'd gone to.
    You are all The Best (and, of course, I've known this for weeks now!).

Love, hugs, & peace to all of my BrEaST friends,
    Debi
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    bfbear said:

I'm Here!
    Hi Everyone,

I'm here. I'm OK...a bit anxious and overwhelmed with everything at the moment, but OK.

The surgery is May 6th (good memory, Moopy..no chemo brain there!!). Pre-op stuff was yesterday: blood work, chest X-ray, EKG, all good. I was pretty stressed about it, because last week I caught a nasty cold/sinus thing and ended up with bronchitis. Finally got a Z-pac on Monday, and am doing much better, but I was beside myself worrying that they would postpone the surgery. But, as I said, all is well. All that's left is a little cough.

It's just all the "normal" things in my life, i.e. Xiaoxiao, my 10-yr-old,our dog Taz, puppy-to-be Willow/getting ready for her arrival, family coming/getting ready for their arrival, school project that we just found out about that's due in 2 weeks, XX's violin practice & lessons, AND everyone who is SOOOOOOOOOO concerned calling, emailing, etc., etc. etc. I am really, really, really tired, and I really, really, really want this surgery over with so it's one less thing to think about! (vent, vent, vent)

Sooooooooooo, that's how I am!!!! I know that ALL of YOU understand, so thanks for listening and for worrying about where I'd gone to.

Debi

Thanks for checking in, Debi! :-)
    So good to see you here, dear!

Your post almost made my head spin! Please, sit down. Take a minute for yourself, take a few deep breaths... deeply now... I'm serious. Mostly because you certainly need to shake off the remainder of your cold/sinus bronchitis thing, even if just a cough, prior to surgery. And, try to rest. Please head into surgery as well & as strong as you can be.

Glad you aced the pre-op tests.

Kind regards, Susan

P.S.: You, as for all of us here, are allowed to vent all you want & need to...
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    bfbear said:

I'm Here!
    Hi Everyone,

Debi

Glad you posted Debi, you
    Glad you posted Debi, you know we'll be in there with you in spirit. Don;t get yourself crazy trying to do everything. Relax and try to rest up. Hugs, Lili
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    bfbear said:

I'm Here!
    Hi Everyone,

Debi

Good to hear from you
    Debi, I feel a special link to you. I will be thinking of you on May 6 and praying for all lthe best. Love, Lynn
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Options
    Debi...glad you came online!
    I wondered where you went....glad to see you posted! I'll be thinking and praying for you!