I had 87 babies today!!!!!!!!!!

tasha_111
tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Well, my very explosive female Guppy did....I moved her to another tank because she was being sexually harassed by the males ( nothing new there then)...This is my first ever 'Swarm' of babies and I am very excited... (I always thought Dahlia growers had thick legs and hairy teeth) I imagined tropical fish breeders to be terminally boring>>>>Maybe I was right!!!!!! LOL.. Please DO let me know.. Hugs Jxxxxxxxxxxx

Comments

• chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Congratulations!!!
    I can think of nothing to say except this: The Octomom has absolutely NOTHING on you, Tasha! Oh, and that I'm glad we don't have to buy baby gifts....

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Imagine if you had to buy
    Imagine if you had to buy diapers and formula! Yikes!!!!!! You would be working around the clock. LOL. HUgs, Lili
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    WHEW
    You must be tired after all those babies! Congrats tasha, when do we get to see baby pics!

RE
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    chenheart said:

Congratulations!!!
    I can think of nothing to say except this: The Octomom has absolutely NOTHING on you, Tasha! Oh, and that I'm glad we don't have to buy baby gifts....

Hugs,
    Claudia

Claudia - HA HA!!!
    You're almost TOO funny! Thanks for the :-) ...

Hey, Julia lives in Canada - right? She may not "get" THE OCTOMOM joke!?!

Kind regards, Susan
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Congratulations, "Mom"!!!
    Good to hear from you! Was thinking, with sadness, that maybe since you're back in the "real" world of working - we might not hear from you as often. I hope you truly know how much your exquisite sense of humor is appreciated. If not - thank you!

How appropriate that a survivor would surround herself with LIVING things: animals (your pets), plants (your new job), and now we learn of fish.

Kindest regards, Susan

P.S.: Won't ANY of the adults eat the babies, if not separated from them?
  • GreeneyedGirl
    GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077

Congratulations, "Mom"!!!
    Good to hear from you! Was thinking, with sadness, that maybe since you're back in the "real" world of working - we might not hear from you as often. I hope you truly know how much your exquisite sense of humor is appreciated. If not - thank you!

How appropriate that a survivor would surround herself with LIVING things: animals (your pets), plants (your new job), and now we learn of fish.

Kindest regards, Susan

P.S.: Won't ANY of the adults eat the babies, if not separated from them?

wow
    will you be up every 2 hours for "feedings"....you are gonna need your rest if you do!
  • CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    Congrats....
    Congrats on the new arrivals! I used to raise Fancy Guppies. I know what you mean by a "swarm"! Just make sure you have lots and lots of floating plants (real ones or plastic) for the babies to hide in. The adult fish thoroughly enjoy eating the babies. (so sad!)

Ok, that's my good advice, out of the way for the day! LOL!

Hugs,
    CR
  • Jadie
    Jadie Member Posts: 723
    Congrats
    Have you picked out names yet? LOL
  • bfbear
    bfbear Member Posts: 380
    Jadie said:

Congrats

Congratulations!
    Are you handing out cigars???

Enjoy "motherhood," and give the Mom some special treat (blood worms, perhaps????)from me.

Much love,
    Debi
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    I am so jealous
    I have watched and watched to see a baby fish being born. It's never happened. A friend said it probably happens at 2 in the morning just like humans. I have guppies and a kind of fish whose name I can't remember, except they are small and the males get a very red spot when they are courting. Lynn
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Never a dull moment
    With Tash...we NEVER have to worry about being bored! Now how do you tell how many are girls and how many are boys..and what will there names be!! I couldn't write congratulations that many times but like Chen says Octamom has nothing on you lol!
    love jackie
  • tasha_111
    Jadie said:

Congrats

Jadie........
    You just look more and more gorgeous every day..........I think I'll name them ALL after you (as I can't tell the difference between them anyway) ..Hugs Jxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • tasha_111
    lynn1950 said:

I am so jealous
    I have watched and watched to see a baby fish being born. It's never happened. A friend said it probably happens at 2 in the morning just like humans. I have guppies and a kind of fish whose name I can't remember, except they are small and the males get a very red spot when they are courting. Lynn

Small males...red spot..?
    Lynn.....they are humans!

Anyway, I got nearly all the tiny babies out of the breeding tank and into the small nursery tank, so they are safe for now....these are also fancy gups.....Hugs Jxxxxxxxxx
  • tasha_111
    rjjj said:

Never a dull moment
    With Tash...we NEVER have to worry about being bored! Now how do you tell how many are girls and how many are boys..and what will there names be!! I couldn't write congratulations that many times but like Chen says Octamom has nothing on you lol!
    love jackie

woohooooo
    I fished (LOL FISHED) another 10 out of there tonight.........I don't need to have them christened as they are already in water. I have to go now as it will take me at least 4-5 hours to kiss them all goodnight and I have to be up for work at 6.30am......Gnight all you lovely people!!!!! Hey , sure appreciated the feedback.. Thanks again Jxxxxxxxxx
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    tasha_111 said:

Small males...red spot..?
    Lynn.....they are humans!

Anyway, I got nearly all the tiny babies out of the breeding tank and into the small nursery tank, so they are safe for now....these are also fancy gups.....Hugs Jxxxxxxxxx

so that's what they are!
    What a fool I've been....:}