Jaavon, where are you?

Options
jakeca
jakeca Member Posts: 92
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Has anyone heard from Jaavon lately? Just wondering how she's doing. I don't read every single post, so I wonder if anyone else has heard from her.

Comments

• jaavon2002
    jaavon2002 Member Posts: 57
    Options
    Hi!!!!
    I am still here, trying to get through AC. My last treatment of AC is tomorrow, THANK GOD,then in two weeks I start Taxol...for 4 treatments. I have had the roughest time with AC. I'm dreading to go, like every visit. AC is nothing to play with, I didn't have all the side effects but the ones I did have I DID NOT like...like the nausea, dark spots in my face, hands and feet. I hate feeling sick ALL day, which occurred in all 3 treatments, the last time it lasted a little longer even with the medicine additions. I handled losing my hair better than I expected, maybe because me and my son (age 6) cut it off after I seen the baby smooth patches.

I am glad that, at least, the AC part will be over. From what I have read, Taxol is much easier to deal with. I've also been scared because of what I've read about side effects of Taxol, specifically nails falling off. And the pretty much scared me from the site for a minute. I know everyone reacts differently but tht scares the heck out of me because my nails are already dark at the bottom from the AC.

I REALLY thank you for thinking of me. There are ALOT of people that visit the site but you took time to think about little ol' me.
  • 1surfermom
    1surfermom Member Posts: 396 Member
    Options

Hi!!!!
    I am still here, trying to get through AC. My last treatment of AC is tomorrow, THANK GOD,then in two weeks I start Taxol...for 4 treatments. I have had the roughest time with AC. I'm dreading to go, like every visit. AC is nothing to play with, I didn't have all the side effects but the ones I did have I DID NOT like...like the nausea, dark spots in my face, hands and feet. I hate feeling sick ALL day, which occurred in all 3 treatments, the last time it lasted a little longer even with the medicine additions. I handled losing my hair better than I expected, maybe because me and my son (age 6) cut it off after I seen the baby smooth patches.

I am glad that, at least, the AC part will be over. From what I have read, Taxol is much easier to deal with. I've also been scared because of what I've read about side effects of Taxol, specifically nails falling off. And the pretty much scared me from the site for a minute. I know everyone reacts differently but tht scares the heck out of me because my nails are already dark at the bottom from the AC.

I REALLY thank you for thinking of me. There are ALOT of people that visit the site but you took time to think about little ol' me.

AC
    Jaavon,

I too had a bad reaction to AC. It is the most horrendous stuff. I end up throwing up for about four days and then have to deal with the constipation. I call the Adrimycyn the "red devil". Just think you only have one more treatment to go and then you will have no more dates with the red devil. I'll be thinking of you tommorrow my last date with the red devil is 5-6-09. Surfermom
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    Options

Hi!!!!

Hey girl
    I just finished my 4th AC part on 4/21 and will be starting the Taxol w/Herceptin on 5/7. My thumb nails are the only ones that have discolored--my finger nails and toe nails have been growing a record speed and hard as heck. I have to spot shave my legs every other week but my armpits I haven't had to shave in 5 weeks, I know for some this might be TMI(too much information).

I guess I was one of the lucky ones with the AC treatment--no nausea. The last Neulasta shot knocked me on my arss for 1/2 a day.

My son(5 1/2) got a buzz cut when I had my head shaved.

I hope we both go through the Taxol treatment well and don't have any side effects from it. I don't want my nails to fall off either because they have never looked so good.

Thinking of you tomorrow.
    Margo
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options

Hi!!!!

jaavon
    I am glad you are having your last AC tomorrow. You have probably made it over the highest hurdle and i hope that you will be feeling alot better soon. Wishing you the best and so sorry you haven't been feeling well. Keep us in touch..as you can see we do worry about our sisters!
    God Bless
    jackie
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    Options

AC
    Jaavon,

I too had a bad reaction to AC. It is the most horrendous stuff. I end up throwing up for about four days and then have to deal with the constipation. I call the Adrimycyn the "red devil". Just think you only have one more treatment to go and then you will have no more dates with the red devil. I'll be thinking of you tommorrow my last date with the red devil is 5-6-09. Surfermom

Jaavon and Surfermom
    How are they giving you the Adrimycyn? Mine was and IV push where the nurse would sit there and push it into my port and it would last 20 minutes. I know of others who have had it as an IV drip.

Just curious--I know oncologists are all different.

Margo
  • tami90650
    tami90650 Member Posts: 82
    Options
    jaavon
    hi there. Im so glad to hear you are almost done with the red devil. Ill keep praying for you and for a easy completion of the next treatments. Im glad your okay. I hope to hear from you soon love ya tami
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options

Hey girl
    I just finished my 4th AC part on 4/21 and will be starting the Taxol w/Herceptin on 5/7. My thumb nails are the only ones that have discolored--my finger nails and toe nails have been growing a record speed and hard as heck. I have to spot shave my legs every other week but my armpits I haven't had to shave in 5 weeks, I know for some this might be TMI(too much information).

I guess I was one of the lucky ones with the AC treatment--no nausea. The last Neulasta shot knocked me on my arss for 1/2 a day.

My son(5 1/2) got a buzz cut when I had my head shaved.

I hope we both go through the Taxol treatment well and don't have any side effects from it. I don't want my nails to fall off either because they have never looked so good.

Thinking of you tomorrow.
    Margo

Margo...
    I don't think there's such a thing as "TMI" within this group. At least, NOT if it's BC-related!

:-)

Glad your chemo symptoms have been manageable for you, for the most part. I think that those of us (me included) who somehow escape the nausea, etc. are rare.

Kind regards, Susan

P.S.: Yeah, I remember those nasty Neulasta shots. First one - I woke up in the middle of the night, thought I was dying! Could actually feel all the bones in my back, as if they were vibrating. Ouch!
  • Christmas Girl
    Options

Hi!!!!

Hi, jaavon2002!
    I'm new here, about 2 weeks now. Joined to mark my 5 year anniversary of completion of all invasive treatment (surgery, chemotherapy & radiation). Still on meds, 5+ years now & counting.

So sorry you've had a really rough time with your chemo thus far. I hope the next phase will be much easier on you.

Kind regards, Susan
  • 1surfermom
    1surfermom Member Posts: 396 Member
    Options

Jaavon and Surfermom
    How are they giving you the Adrimycyn? Mine was and IV push where the nurse would sit there and push it into my port and it would last 20 minutes. I know of others who have had it as an IV drip.

Margo

Adrimycyn aka the red devil
    Margo,
    My first two treatments it was an IV push through my port. The last treatment I had to have it pushed into a vein in my arm because the nurse could not get a blood return from my port. Needless to say I was freaking out and thinking it would burn all the soft tissue in my arm. Everything went fine although I am still dreading my nexy infusion. surfermom
  • tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    tami90650 said:

jaavon
    hi there. Im so glad to hear you are almost done with the red devil. Ill keep praying for you and for a easy completion of the next treatments. Im glad your okay. I hope to hear from you soon love ya tami

To all of you who had the "A" /"C" chemo
    I have such admiration for all of you who are still going through ... or completed the "red devil" stuff. I have friends who went through that and I know how they struggled with the side effects. I'm "only" on taxol and herceptin and compared to what I know about the "A" "C" stuff ... what I'm going through is a breeze. I almost feel guilty. After reading the posts on this board I admire the fight you all have ... and I'm just not sure I could do it. I'm such a weenie ... and if nausea is involved ... I really don't think I could handle that. I think I'd have to skip the AC. You all are so brave ... and so strong ... and I feel privilaged to be a part of this "club" ... you are amazing!!

hugs.
    teena
  • Eil4186
    Eil4186 Member Posts: 949
    Options

Hi!!!!

I know what ya mean.
    Hi Jaavon, sorry you have been having a rough time with AC. I too had a terrible time with it-----sick for days after each treatment. Well A and C are both known for being very tough chemo chemicals and it figures that having them both together would be horrible. I dreaded all four treatments of it and wanted to stop after the 2nd one(but didn't). The good news is that you are right, Taxol is much easier to take. I know some that have lost their nails etc...I didn't. I had some bone pain and fatigue. Hang in there, you will get through to number eight. Blessings, Eileen
  • jaavon2002
    jaavon2002 Member Posts: 57
    Options

Jaavon and Surfermom

Margo

IV Push
    IV push...
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    Hey Jaavon, so glad you took
    Hey Jaavon, so glad you took the time to answer. Been thinking of you too. I went through 8 rounds of Cytoxan, adriamycin and 5FU and now that I look back, I swear I don't know how I did it. I was sick from treatment # 2 and it went down hill from there. I thought I would die by the 8th round. But..... we made it. Now, your taxol treatments will be much easier compared to the "Red Devil". BTW, mine was pushed through also. I'm glad you're ok. Hugs, Lili
  • Christmas Girl
    Options
    tgf said:

To all of you who had the "A" /"C" chemo
    I have such admiration for all of you who are still going through ... or completed the "red devil" stuff. I have friends who went through that and I know how they struggled with the side effects. I'm "only" on taxol and herceptin and compared to what I know about the "A" "C" stuff ... what I'm going through is a breeze. I almost feel guilty. After reading the posts on this board I admire the fight you all have ... and I'm just not sure I could do it. I'm such a weenie ... and if nausea is involved ... I really don't think I could handle that. I think I'd have to skip the AC. You all are so brave ... and so strong ... and I feel privilaged to be a part of this "club" ... you are amazing!!

hugs.
    teena

We're all in this together, teena
    I, too, endured horrific chemo. Almost did me in. (I had been warned, must admit.)

Don't count yourself out on this. We don't know what we're truly capable of until face to face with the beast - when warrior survivor mode kicks in full force!

My surgery was lumpectomy. I cannot express the admiration I've developed for our sisters who undergo much more invasive & multiple surgeries for mastectomies & reconstruction.

We travel the journey together here. Although we veer off onto our own individual side paths here & there for our varying treatments, etc. - we all return to the main road, back together again, eventually. Hence, it is a mutual admiration society.

We gather here to support & encourage each other, no matter the differences. Because the most compelling portion of the trip is the same, for all of us.

You, teena, are most certainly NOT a "weenie"! Not in any sense of that word! Pat yourself on the back, woman!

Just sharing my personal point of view...

Kind regards, Susan
  • jakeca
    jakeca Member Posts: 92
    Options

Hi!!!!

Hey!
    So glad to hear from you and that tomorrow is your big LAST day! I seem to remember being a little bit hard on you when you were considering chemo and doubting whether or not you could do it. I'm glad the worst is almost over and I hope and pray that it has done what it is supposed to do and whipped this thing for good! Keep us posted on your progress--we do care about you.
  • Mikes Sunshine
    Mikes Sunshine Member Posts: 129
    Options

Hey Jaavon, so glad you took
    Hey Jaavon, so glad you took the time to answer. Been thinking of you too. I went through 8 rounds of Cytoxan, adriamycin and 5FU and now that I look back, I swear I don't know how I did it. I was sick from treatment # 2 and it went down hill from there. I thought I would die by the 8th round. But..... we made it. Now, your taxol treatments will be much easier compared to the "Red Devil". BTW, mine was pushed through also. I'm glad you're ok. Hugs, Lili

Hi Jaavon
    Hi Jaavon, I had 4 rounds of AC. I know what you mean. It was so hard to get thru. I am glad this is your last one. I had the RED DEVIL by an IV push. My nails are all dark about half way up. I never want to have to go thru that again. I am sure you will be feeling much better very soon. Life after AC is wonderful :) I still have radiation ahead of me but after AC that can't be nearly as hard. Take Care, Nancy
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options

Hi Jaavon
    Hi Jaavon, I had 4 rounds of AC. I know what you mean. It was so hard to get thru. I am glad this is your last one. I had the RED DEVIL by an IV push. My nails are all dark about half way up. I never want to have to go thru that again. I am sure you will be feeling much better very soon. Life after AC is wonderful :) I still have radiation ahead of me but after AC that can't be nearly as hard. Take Care, Nancy

Nancy, I didn't need
    Nancy, I didn't need radiation, but after going through 8 rounds of caf, I would think that radiation is a walk in the park. Hugs, Lili