Options
2»

Comments

• rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    kartiae said:

I am Back
    Well I just got back from my OB-GYN, he took blood and did a pap and he is worried so I have to go for an ultrasound and a uterus scraping next wednesday. He said he is worried due to the fact I am on tamoxifen and I do have a very high chance of a recurrence or new cancer. SO its a waiting game yet again.

Kartiae
    I am praying for you to have good results with the ultrasound and scraping on Wed. Please let us know the results. I had what they called pre-cancerous cells in my cervix i got tired of them burning them off (hurt like hell) so i told them to just do a hysterectomy. This was in 95 and i already had 3 beautiful children so it didn't matter. I know your story is so much different. And my heart aches for all you have been through so very young.

My oncologist and chemo Nurses didn't say "radical" chemo with my bc but they did say very powerful with the highest dosages you can stand. They would move the dosages down if i couldn't handle it. Somehow (Thank God) I handled it. But i wonder if this is what your onc. meant..chemo can be very radical...but with the new drugs for nausea and such it is bearable. And you can do it!! Good luck and God Bless,
    jackie
  • kartiae
    kartiae Member Posts: 16
    Options
    rjjj said:

Kartiae
    I am praying for you to have good results with the ultrasound and scraping on Wed. Please let us know the results. I had what they called pre-cancerous cells in my cervix i got tired of them burning them off (hurt like hell) so i told them to just do a hysterectomy. This was in 95 and i already had 3 beautiful children so it didn't matter. I know your story is so much different. And my heart aches for all you have been through so very young.

My oncologist and chemo Nurses didn't say "radical" chemo with my bc but they did say very powerful with the highest dosages you can stand. They would move the dosages down if i couldn't handle it. Somehow (Thank God) I handled it. But i wonder if this is what your onc. meant..chemo can be very radical...but with the new drugs for nausea and such it is bearable. And you can do it!! Good luck and God Bless,
    jackie

Thanks Again all, I'm
    Thanks Again all, I'm thinking that may be different ONC's in different states have different terminology or they just say it in layman terms for us to understand it. Who knows, I don't. I do have pre-cancerous cells on my cervix, had abnormal pap and scrape years ago and then last year again. So between that, the HPV, the HER2/nue gene overexpression with allergy to Herceptin and God knows what else. I am worried about 50%, I guess I just am so exhausted from going to doctors and hearing I need to be cut open or I have this or that. It almost feels normal to me. My friend asked me once if I felt if it was normal when I go to the Dr's and they tell me I am broke and they want to cut me open and fix me, I said yes and he said that it was so not normal. but everyone is different. I feel if I am broken and they can fix me then do it. And what is Normal anyways? May be we are all the normal ones and everyone is broken..LOL
  • CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I also...
    I also want to offer my love and support. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

CR
  • peggy65
    peggy65 Member Posts: 100
    Options
    this news is almost to much
    this news is almost to much to bear. i offer my support. i find that when difficult things happen and you sure do qualify for difficult things, that a higher power is the only way to get any peace. we as people certainly cannot take care of everything so we have to ask help from other sources. thinking of you. love, peggy