donna????

Options
daydreamer110761
daydreamer110761 Member Posts: 487 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
haven't heard from you in awhile - are you ok??

Comments

• Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Options
    thinking of you
    Donna,
    I've been thinking about you too! You're in my prayers!
    Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • dorookie
    dorookie Member Posts: 1,731 Member
    Options
    Where o Where
    are you tonight, why did you leave us here all alone? Hope all is well, sure do miss hearing from you...

Beth
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Me, too
    Add me to the list of those praying for you and wondering where you are.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    Options
    tootsie1 said:

Me, too
    Add me to the list of those praying for you and wondering where you are.

*hugs*
    Gail

Still here!
    I been here, and posted on a couple of things, sorry, I skip over the argumentive ones, I'm neutral to everything.

But, the incision from my surgery seems to be done healing from the wound vac, it did a great job, and fast! I go to the surgeons unit tomorrow for them to check it, and they will probably take me off the wound vac tomorrow...yay!! No more lugging that thing around.

I haven't had chemo since my surgery 5 weeks ago, and boy have I been feeling good since I been off it awhile, and went to see my oncologist on Monday, who will be restarting my 4th treatment on May 13, I been eager to get it restarted, since I'm fearful of the cancer spreading. I get my first CAT scan on May 8, and have to drink some stuff an hour before it, they said I couldn't eat or drink anything for 4 hours before it..I'm scared of what I have to drink, I hope it isn't too bad to get down, or I'll be gagging it back up!

Thanks for checking up on me, I been lurking around, but just kinda letting things cool down here, and I love all you guys, I think about you all, all the time, and hope everyone will stay and keep on posting, you are all inspirations here, and the reason I am going strong today...sure, God keeps some people going, but so do all of you!

Hugssss to you all!
    ~Donna
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Options
    Shayenne said:

Still here!
    I been here, and posted on a couple of things, sorry, I skip over the argumentive ones, I'm neutral to everything.

But, the incision from my surgery seems to be done healing from the wound vac, it did a great job, and fast! I go to the surgeons unit tomorrow for them to check it, and they will probably take me off the wound vac tomorrow...yay!! No more lugging that thing around.

I haven't had chemo since my surgery 5 weeks ago, and boy have I been feeling good since I been off it awhile, and went to see my oncologist on Monday, who will be restarting my 4th treatment on May 13, I been eager to get it restarted, since I'm fearful of the cancer spreading. I get my first CAT scan on May 8, and have to drink some stuff an hour before it, they said I couldn't eat or drink anything for 4 hours before it..I'm scared of what I have to drink, I hope it isn't too bad to get down, or I'll be gagging it back up!

Thanks for checking up on me, I been lurking around, but just kinda letting things cool down here, and I love all you guys, I think about you all, all the time, and hope everyone will stay and keep on posting, you are all inspirations here, and the reason I am going strong today...sure, God keeps some people going, but so do all of you!

Hugssss to you all!
    ~Donna

CT Scan
    Hi Donna,
    Worry not, what I have been drinking for the scans is flavored with raspberry flavored Crystal Light. The only "bad" part is that it's diet. Don't care for the aftertaste but it's not bad at all compared to what we used to have do drink. I'm pretty sure you would be drinking the same stuff.
    Try not to worry but if you're not used to it I can understand.
    Be well
    -phil
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    Options
    PhillieG said:

CT Scan
    Hi Donna,
    Worry not, what I have been drinking for the scans is flavored with raspberry flavored Crystal Light. The only "bad" part is that it's diet. Don't care for the aftertaste but it's not bad at all compared to what we used to have do drink. I'm pretty sure you would be drinking the same stuff.
    Try not to worry but if you're not used to it I can understand.
    Be well
    -phil

Now that....
    ....doesn't sound so bad! I heard it was better then the stuff they gave me before my colonoscopy, which was this pineapple thick textured flavored "Golightly" stuff, and it was just disgusting, it didn't taste like pineapple, and I was almost at the puking point by the end.. they had me drink a gallon of it! I think it's the texture that made me more sick then anything, I like diet crystal light, now if they give me that, I'll be happy! soundss yummy!

Hugsss to you!
    ~Donna :)
  • jenben59
    jenben59 Member Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Shayenne said:

Now that....
    ....doesn't sound so bad! I heard it was better then the stuff they gave me before my colonoscopy, which was this pineapple thick textured flavored "Golightly" stuff, and it was just disgusting, it didn't taste like pineapple, and I was almost at the puking point by the end.. they had me drink a gallon of it! I think it's the texture that made me more sick then anything, I like diet crystal light, now if they give me that, I'll be happy! soundss yummy!

Hugsss to you!

Glad your ...
    feeling good right now...I know how that feels when I was off chemo for an extra week because of side effect. Good to hear you're feeling well now and recouped after the surgery. I wish you well and hope you post again.
  • daydreamer110761
    daydreamer110761 Member Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Shayenne said:

Now that....

Hugsss to you!

glad to see
    That you're alive and kickin! Like someone else said before - we worry when we don't see someone around for awhile! Happy that things are going good for you...

Sherrie
  • VickiCO
    VickiCO Member Posts: 917
    Options
    Shayenne said:

Now that....

Hugsss to you!

Good to see you!
    I have missed you. Good luck to you.

Many hugs, Vicki
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Options
    Shayenne said:

Still here!

Hugssss to you all!
    ~Donna

so good to hear from you
    Donna,
    So good to hear from you. Gald you're getting a chance to feel good again before going back on chemo.
    Aloha,
    Kathleen