No surgery.

Options
sausageroll
sausageroll Member Posts: 415
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Surgery was scheduled for Thursday...they had already cut off chemo. Unfortunately, rash appeared over my torso over the weekend..that alone would probably have done the surgery in, even though they think it is only an allergic reaction to one of the medications. However, today, urine sample showed today that I still have a UTI...had it for weeks and been through 5 antibiotics. So now, 10-14 days of going into hospital for intravenous antibiotics. Although the trip is not horrendous...most of the day seems to be frittered away. I'm not depressed..I know I am lucky..just wanted to get this over and done with! I am ready for that beach and a few rum and cokes and some good food.

Comments

• ritazimm
    ritazimm Member Posts: 171
    Options
    I'm sorry your surgery was postponed!
    I can imagine how disappointed you are! I'm also sorry for the other issues you are dealing with. I'm sure that you have noticed this too but sometime I found that it was the millions of "little" things that was the hardest to deal with rather than the big things. I hope the IV's go well and that your body gets back to good health so you can take that next step. I'll be praying for you.

God bless,
    Rita
  • bfbear
    bfbear Member Posts: 380
    Options
    ritazimm said:

I'm sorry your surgery was postponed!
    I can imagine how disappointed you are! I'm also sorry for the other issues you are dealing with. I'm sure that you have noticed this too but sometime I found that it was the millions of "little" things that was the hardest to deal with rather than the big things. I hope the IV's go well and that your body gets back to good health so you can take that next step. I'll be praying for you.

God bless,
    Rita

OY Vey!!!!
    I am SO sorry your surgery got postponed. I can feel a bit of your pain, as I am anxiosly awaiting my surgery but am currently on antibiotics for bronchitis!!! If they tell me it has to be postponed, I don't think I will take it quite as calmly as you!!!
    So I admire your disposition, and hope that all the "little" stuff gets better so you can forge ahead to surgery for the big stuff.

Much love,
    Debi
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Unfortunate setback
    Oooh, sorry for your surgery delay. Also for the complications you're currently dealing with.

Certainly hope the IVs finally clear up the infection, so that you can get back on track.

Kind regards, Susan
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    Wish you well sausage.
    Wish you well sausage. Please keep us posted. Hugs, Lili