RECONSTRUCTION UPDATE FROM RE (PART 3) I THINK I AM GETTING CONFUSED :-D

Options
RE
RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hello Ladies and Gents,

Well I have been attempting to get my second surgery to put the actual implant in scheduled and they called me today to say it is scheduled for this Friday at 1:15 (I know short notice). I have been kinda pushing them to get me in asap and they have risen to the challenge. I go in for pre-op tomorrow at 2:00. From what I understand this surgery is going to take 4 1/2 to 5 hours and I will most likely not be home till late since I tend to not come out of the meds very well. Lets see if it starts at 1:15 and takes 5 hours that is 6:15 (yucko math :-)) and i suppose and hour or two for recovery takes me to 8:15 Friday night. Just wanted to update you all and ask for your positive thoughts and prayer on Friday at 1:15. Take care everyone!

Oh I almost forgot I also see on onco tomorrow for routine check-up, its going to be a full day for me!

My Best to Each of You!

RE

Comments

• Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Wow, RE!
    Not much advance notice to prepare for your next surgery; but, maybe that's a good thing?

Thanks for letting us know.

Of course, sincere & heartfelt hopes & prayers your way - dear RE - for both tomorrow, and Friday. For the very best results possible.

Kind regards, Susan
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Options
    I am wishing you the best of luck! And yes, that is short notice, but, I know you must be excited and happy about it. We will all wait to hear from you. You will be in my thoughts and prayers! Hugs RE!
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    Oh, RE!
    It's going to be fine. It's probably good that you don't too much time to ruminate on things. Just get in there and get out. I will be thinking about you Friday. My very best,

Mimi
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    Thoughts of you
    I will remember you and pray, pray, pray all day Friday. Lynn
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    lynn1950 said:

Thoughts of you
    I will remember you and pray, pray, pray all day Friday. Lynn

T & P
    Thoughts and Prayers will be with you both tomorrow and Friday.
    Margo
  • ritazimm
    ritazimm Member Posts: 171
    Options
    You're in my prayers
    It is nice that they got you in quickly. Leaves much less time for worrying. You'll be too busy with appointments to worry.

You're in my prayers.
    God bless,
    Rita
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options

T & P
    Thoughts and Prayers will be with you both tomorrow and Friday.
    Margo

Shout out to Margo!
    Love your new photo! What a cutie your little guy is!

Kind regards, Susan
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    Options

Shout out to Margo!
    Love your new photo! What a cutie your little guy is!

Kind regards, Susan

Picture
    I have to update it at some point--this was taken Christmas of 2007. Have a hard time downloading from camera.
  • bfbear
    bfbear Member Posts: 380
    Options
    ritazimm said:

You're in my prayers
    It is nice that they got you in quickly. Leaves much less time for worrying. You'll be too busy with appointments to worry.

You're in my prayers.
    God bless,
    Rita

Hey RE
    My thoughts and prayers will be with you. Hopefully it will be a breeze, and it will be over with, finally!

Much love and many peaceful healing prayers,
    Debi
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    bfbear said:

Hey RE
    My thoughts and prayers will be with you. Hopefully it will be a breeze, and it will be over with, finally!

Much love and many peaceful healing prayers,
    Debi

Glad you will be finishing another important step, prayers and good wishes to you
    hugs jackie
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    You will be in my thoughts
    You will be in my thoughts and prayers Re. You'll see everything will go well and you will look amazing once the healing process is over. Hugs, Lili
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Wishing you the best RE!
    RE, you are one amazing woman and you will be fine! It does seem hurried but you wanted it quick..so here it is. Good luck and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!
  • djteach
    djteach Member Posts: 273
    Options
    Rah! Rah! RE
    I hope and pray for smooth sailing before, during, and after. Can't wait to hear how it goes.
    Love and Gentle Hugs,
    Donna
  • Brillow551
    Brillow551 Member Posts: 5
    Options
    good luck I am thinking of you with prays
  • cruf
    cruf Member Posts: 908
    Options

good luck I am thinking of you with prays

Good Luck!
    Good Luck RE! My thoughts and prayers will be with you . HUGS!! Cathy
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to add my best
    I just wanted to add my best wishes and good luck to you RE! You do have a full couple of days ahead of you. Just know that we are all thinking and praying for you!
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
    Options
    Noel said:

I just wanted to add my best
    I just wanted to add my best wishes and good luck to you RE! You do have a full couple of days ahead of you. Just know that we are all thinking and praying for you!

RE, you will be in my thoughts and prayers on Friday. Kind of good that you don't have alot of time to dwell on the surgery....just get in and get it over with. Let us know how things go when you feel up to it. In the meantime, we will be thinking of you.

Hugs,

Judy