does anyone feel like this?

johnnybegood
johnnybegood Member Posts: 1,117 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
hi i was just wondering,you know the weather has been great to get out and do things but sometimes i get depressed about it.i start to do things like gardening or just grooming my horses and sudenly i feel so weak and tired.im getting so sick of being sick and tired.will things ever change or is this how life is going to be.maybe its because im doing the chemo thing.i have got 8 more to go.sorry for rambling but i so just want to do the things i used to do without feeling bad.thanks.......johnnybegood

Comments

• PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Sure, more than I'd like to
    I get like that Johnny at times. Chemo knocks the hell out of you. It will go away when the treatments stop.
    Hang in there, I hope you are done after 8 more
    -phil
  • johnnybegood
    PhillieG said:

Sure, more than I'd like to
    I get like that Johnny at times. Chemo knocks the hell out of you. It will go away when the treatments stop.
    Hang in there, I hope you are done after 8 more
    -phil

thanks
    phil good to hear from you.i thought it might be the chemo. like we all say "chemo sucks" it really does its like it sucks the life out of you.have a good day........johnnybegood
  • dixchi
    dixchi Member Posts: 431
    Tired
    Chemo knocks you down; there were times when I felt ok and times
    when I was tired......was on FOLFOX, 8 treatments after surgery....
    ended in December and sometimes I still get tired....I was told
    it takes a year to really recover.....guess I believe that when
    you think about all the cell damage the chemo does in your body
    and the rebuilding process. Take care. Take naps when your
    body says it needs one.

Barbara
  • CherylHutch
    CherylHutch Member Posts: 1,375
    The "Tireds"
    Yep Johnnybegood! It will get better... but it may get worse before it gets better. With each chemo treatment you'll get that much more tired, or you'll feel fine until you try to do something. Once the chemo is over, you will be ecstatic that it's over and that, on it's own, will make you feel you have more energy... but then you might get his with the post-chemo blues, which will knock you down for a bit and you'll wonder why you are feeling blue when you should be ecstatic ;)

Then, slowly but surely you'll notice your energy level returning to normal. There will still be spells of the tireds for the first year or so ... but nothing like what you are going through now :)

Hang in there... it does get better!!

Huggggggs,

Cheryl
  • NWGirl
    NWGirl Member Posts: 122 Member
    Sick of being sick
    When I was going through chemo/rad I remember many times sobbing to my husband I was "so sick of being sick" - it seemed it would never end. I so desparately wanted my life back. I finished chemo in September but had 2 surgeries since then (ileo take down and hernia repair), 2 colonoscopies and as of tomorrow, 2 more CT scans. It seems to never end. I still find I get VERY tired any time I do any type of physical exertion. But it doesn't stop me. It's frustrating to get so fatigued, but it's like Dori on Finding Nemo "keep on swimming, keep on swimming, keep on swimming"......so I keep on swimming. I may not be fast or have much endurance these days, but I keep trying. And I remind myself at least I got tired from working in the garden - or exercising at the gym - at least I'm doing the things I enjoy. And I'm very optimistic that as time goes on I'll regain some of the energy I've lost.
  • johnnybegood
    NWGirl said:

Sick of being sick
    When I was going through chemo/rad I remember many times sobbing to my husband I was "so sick of being sick" - it seemed it would never end. I so desparately wanted my life back. I finished chemo in September but had 2 surgeries since then (ileo take down and hernia repair), 2 colonoscopies and as of tomorrow, 2 more CT scans. It seems to never end. I still find I get VERY tired any time I do any type of physical exertion. But it doesn't stop me. It's frustrating to get so fatigued, but it's like Dori on Finding Nemo "keep on swimming, keep on swimming, keep on swimming"......so I keep on swimming. I may not be fast or have much endurance these days, but I keep trying. And I remind myself at least I got tired from working in the garden - or exercising at the gym - at least I'm doing the things I enjoy. And I'm very optimistic that as time goes on I'll regain some of the energy I've lost.

thanks
    everyone for your replys.i cry to my husband i just want to be like i was and i know he trys and he is so supportative but all he can say is you will be it wont be long now.he has no clue of what it feels like but i still love him so.i know you are right cheryl it will take time just like all the other journeys i have been thru.i need to finish these 8 more treatments and like you said maybe a year from now i will be high in the saddle and going on those trail rides that i have missed.shoot i would love just to ride around in the fields.thanks to all....johnnybegood
  • CherylHutch
    CherylHutch Member Posts: 1,375

thanks
    everyone for your replys.i cry to my husband i just want to be like i was and i know he trys and he is so supportative but all he can say is you will be it wont be long now.he has no clue of what it feels like but i still love him so.i know you are right cheryl it will take time just like all the other journeys i have been thru.i need to finish these 8 more treatments and like you said maybe a year from now i will be high in the saddle and going on those trail rides that i have missed.shoot i would love just to ride around in the fields.thanks to all....johnnybegood

High in the Saddle!
    Now THERE'S the motto you should be living by, Johnnybegood!! You have the horses, you have the land for the horses and no matter how tired or fatigued you are because of the chemo or any other treatments, you can always go outside and just spend some time with your horses. Take a chair out with you if you have to... take one of those sun chaise lounges. But go out and soak up the love those horses give you and you have for them. The combination of the fresh air and the smell of "horse" and all the horse accessory smells (the stalls, the hay, the feed, etc)... will remind you of the good things in life.

And ya, if you aren't feeling great now... and if, for the next 8 treatments you have some extremely rough patches... go out and sit with your horses and contemplate what you do have going on in your life. Us animal lovers are soooo envious that you have horses!! That is one thing to be soooo grateful for! You love your husband and he is sticking by your side through all of this. Honey, you are surrounded by love no matter which way you turn, so when things are feeling rough, then take that chair, go sit out with your horses and contemplate all the love you have in your life... and you will do just fine!!

Huggggggs,

Cheryl
  • daydreamer110761
    daydreamer110761 Member Posts: 487 Member

High in the Saddle!
    Now THERE'S the motto you should be living by, Johnnybegood!! You have the horses, you have the land for the horses and no matter how tired or fatigued you are because of the chemo or any other treatments, you can always go outside and just spend some time with your horses. Take a chair out with you if you have to... take one of those sun chaise lounges. But go out and soak up the love those horses give you and you have for them. The combination of the fresh air and the smell of "horse" and all the horse accessory smells (the stalls, the hay, the feed, etc)... will remind you of the good things in life.

And ya, if you aren't feeling great now... and if, for the next 8 treatments you have some extremely rough patches... go out and sit with your horses and contemplate what you do have going on in your life. Us animal lovers are soooo envious that you have horses!! That is one thing to be soooo grateful for! You love your husband and he is sticking by your side through all of this. Honey, you are surrounded by love no matter which way you turn, so when things are feeling rough, then take that chair, go sit out with your horses and contemplate all the love you have in your life... and you will do just fine!!

Huggggggs,

Cheryl

I'm with ya Girl
    So tired of feeling like this - and really depressing was the fact that we had an 80 degree day last week, which was my off week - the first hot day since, oh, august??? We were trying to grill out, however, it was windy, and every time the wind blew, my hands said - get inside girl! Just can't wait til this is over...