It was certainly Monday

Options
tootsie1
tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Well, today certainly acted like Monday. I was awakened at 3 am with my old buddy, the severe abdominal pain. I tried for a couple of hours to get past it, but ended up going to the emergency room. Same result. "Backed up," but luckily no obstruction. Had to have painkillers (let's just say my hiney is sore now!)and a couple of enemas, but I'm better now. I'm SO glad I've had the support here to keep me from the panic I would have felt even a few months ago. I didn't worry that "it" was back. I just wanted relief!

*hugs*
Gail

Comments

• kristasplace
    kristasplace Member Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    Backed up?
    I hope they were able to actually help you, Gail! We spent last night in the ER as well, but this time, for once, it wasn't because of me! My poor boyfriend has GERD really bad. We thought something had burst in him it was so bad. We hate going to the ER because all they ever did for me before my diagnosis was shoot me up with pain killers, and send me home after twelve hours. Well, that's pretty much what they did to him. They ruled out gallstones, and upped his GERD meds, shot him full of dilaudid, and sent us crawling home.

Do they know why you're backing up? Has anyone suggested stents (sp?)?

Many hugs,
    Krista
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about it
    I've had the severe abdominal pain before, nothing quite like it. I'm glad you had no obstruction, I had that once, not fun. Watch the pain killers, they aren't great for the bowels, they tend to slow everything down. Do they know why it happens?
    Glad you are better now.
    -phil
  • tootsie1
    Options
    PhillieG said:

Sorry to hear about it
    I've had the severe abdominal pain before, nothing quite like it. I'm glad you had no obstruction, I had that once, not fun. Watch the pain killers, they aren't great for the bowels, they tend to slow everything down. Do they know why it happens?
    Glad you are better now.
    -phil

Thanks to both of you for
    Thanks to both of you for the comments! I'm feeling a bit better today. Not quite 100% yet. I only had the painkillers while at the hospital. I'm on my own now, although I have something I can take if it gets dire. I'm not going to take it unless it IS really bad, because I have to be alert to take care of the grandkids. They do know pretty much what's going on with me. Part of the pain is from scar tissue trapping nerves. The backing up issue is partly from the surgery and mostly from IBS. I've had that for years. I eat all the fiber I can stuff in, but a lot of the medications they've tried have not done well with my system. So it's ongoing. The thing that makes me laugh is when my doctor talks about eliminating stress. Ha! Love to, not sure how to accomplish it. Anyway, I think I'll be okay. Just a little yucky today.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Options
    tootsie1 said:

Thanks to both of you for
    Thanks to both of you for the comments! I'm feeling a bit better today. Not quite 100% yet. I only had the painkillers while at the hospital. I'm on my own now, although I have something I can take if it gets dire. I'm not going to take it unless it IS really bad, because I have to be alert to take care of the grandkids. They do know pretty much what's going on with me. Part of the pain is from scar tissue trapping nerves. The backing up issue is partly from the surgery and mostly from IBS. I've had that for years. I eat all the fiber I can stuff in, but a lot of the medications they've tried have not done well with my system. So it's ongoing. The thing that makes me laugh is when my doctor talks about eliminating stress. Ha! Love to, not sure how to accomplish it. Anyway, I think I'll be okay. Just a little yucky today.

*hugs*
    Gail

Sorry
    Sorry to hear that you had to go to ER. You had to be miserable with you backing up but like was said above good thing it wasn't a blockage. Yes, doctors are funny with there suggestions like "eliminating stress" - yeah right. What cloud do they live on. Hope you are feeling better real soon.

Kim
  • tootsie1
    Options

Sorry
    Sorry to hear that you had to go to ER. You had to be miserable with you backing up but like was said above good thing it wasn't a blockage. Yes, doctors are funny with there suggestions like "eliminating stress" - yeah right. What cloud do they live on. Hope you are feeling better real soon.

Kim

Thanks
    Thanks, Kim.

It helps when something makes me smile, like your post just did.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member
    Options
    tootsie1 said:

Thanks
    Thanks, Kim.

It helps when something makes me smile, like your post just did.

*hugs*
    Gail

butterflies and roses
    Hi gail....speaking of doctors on clouds. I had a doc who actually said " in a situation like you are in.....ie stage 4 cancer....you should be thinking of nothing but rainbows and roses."

Yup! that helps for sure....:):) stress and how to live with it

hugs
    mags
  • tootsie1
    Options
    maglets said:

butterflies and roses
    Hi gail....speaking of doctors on clouds. I had a doc who actually said " in a situation like you are in.....ie stage 4 cancer....you should be thinking of nothing but rainbows and roses."

Yup! that helps for sure....:):) stress and how to live with it

hugs
    mags

Rainbows, huh?
    So how's it going with the thinking about rainbows and roses? *grins* My doctor is actually a good friend of mine from before I became his patient, and I have the feeling he knows it's pointless when he tells me to reduce stress. *grins*

Hope you had a fabulous day.

*hugs*
    Gail