Hans update #5

Options
KathiM
KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I am REALLY naked happy dancing!!!

Hans is sooooooo much better!!! YEA!!! His edema is gone, the pain in his belly is better...and he even LOOKS the part of a distinguished gentleman!!! (I cut his hair and beard...scary!!!). He still has some memory/function loss, but no worse than ME and my chemo brain!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you all for ALL of the support through all of this...I don't know what I would have done without you, each and every one of you!!!!

Hugs, Kathi

Comments

• rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    So happy for you!!! and Hans!!!
    What a blessing. I bet he is a distinguished gentleman. Look at the beautiful and supportive woman he has to love him. You are both so lucky. And i am so happy for you that if i had the energy i would REALLY happy neeked dance. But for now it will just be a virtual happy dance. my best to you
    jackie
  • tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    rjjj said:

So happy for you!!! and Hans!!!
    What a blessing. I bet he is a distinguished gentleman. Look at the beautiful and supportive woman he has to love him. You are both so lucky. And i am so happy for you that if i had the energy i would REALLY happy neeked dance. But for now it will just be a virtual happy dance. my best to you
    jackie

Great news !!!
    Thanks for the Hans update. You are both very lucky to have each other ... You two make a great team!

hugs.
    teena
  • Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    Options
    YAY!
    I always knew you were an exceptionally brave woman, Kathi. But trimming your beau's hair and beard is above and beyond the call of duty. Poor little Moopy gets nervous trimming the back of my neck!

Seriously, I'm thrilled to see that you and Hans are getting back to fighting trim. I suspect this expedition will be all the more precious to you because of what you have both gone through.
  • CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Wonderful news!!!
    Wonderful news Kathi!! I'm so happy for both of you!

You two keep up the good work!!

Lots of love coming your way!
    CR
  • mmontero38
    mmontero38 Member Posts: 1,510
    Options
    Great news Kathi. I knew
    Great news Kathi. I knew you were both fighters! Hugs for Hans and you. Lili
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    Nekid Dancing, Too
    Oh, Kathi, I am so glad to keep hearing good news from you and Hans! The nightmare is over.

I know from your posts how difficult it has been to be a caregiver. You have been amazing--resourceful, and persistent, and patient through it all. I am glad someone pointed out to Hans how incredibly blessed he is to have you, comforting AND protecting him.

Thanks for keeping us updated. Will now look forward to travel highlights.

By the way, will we get to see a photo of this fellow we have been hearing about and praying for? Kinda curious about your hair styling skills! (just kidding)
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    :-)
    I am jumping for joy for you and Hans, what joyous news indeed! Thank you so much for keeping us updated as you and your sweety and important to us!

HUGS,

RE
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    RE said:

:-)
    I am jumping for joy for you and Hans, what joyous news indeed! Thank you so much for keeping us updated as you and your sweety and important to us!

HUGS,

RE

Great News
    Kathi and Hans,
    This is wonderful news--keep up the good work.
    Hugs,
    Margo
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    Thrilled at this news!
    Wow, this brightened my morning. It must have such a scary time for the both you, and I'm so glad things are looking up. Spring is here and Hans is well on his way to recovery. What more could one want? Enjoy your precious time together, as I know you always have. You are amazing.

Mimi
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    I am so happy for you two!
    I am so happy for you two! Good luck!
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    Noel said:

I am so happy for you two!
    I am so happy for you two! Good luck!

I'm joining Noel's dancing
    I'm joining Noel's dancing kitty and dancing for joy for you and Hans. This is my favorite thing on the board. Good news!!
    Stef
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    Yea! I'd dance but I got no
    Yea! I'd dance but I got no rhythm. I tremor pretty regular though.
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    Happy times a zillion for you
    Glad the bumpy ride is smoothing out and to mix metaphors: Here's to smooth sailing. Love, Lynn
  • sausageroll
    sausageroll Member Posts: 415
    Options
    lynn1950 said:

Happy times a zillion for you
    Glad the bumpy ride is smoothing out and to mix metaphors: Here's to smooth sailing. Love, Lynn

So pleased!
    What wonderful news kathi. I don't know how you have done it, but you are an example for us all to follow. Take care. With love to you both.