Alkaline water and its benefits

2»

Comments

• Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    2bhealed said:

What I eat
    changes every so often. Right now I have been dealing with serious food allergies so I am currently doing a very pure anti-fungal, low histamine, low allergy diet of large quantities of carrot, cabbage, kale, romaine, granny smith apple juice with ground flax seeds, steamed organic veggies like beets and cauliflower and broccoli and am having a little bit of lamb (low allergy/histamine). I am taking probiotics too. So right now I am not eating any chicken or turkey. And no grains either and definitely no gluten.

A month ago I was not eating this way though but I was having some awful allergic reactions suddenly to things like nuts and beans. Go figure. I will do this for a month and then reintroduce foods (nothing anaphylactic though) back into my diet. Ask me then! HA! :-)Pretty sure I won't be eating chicken though. And turkey only on Thanksgiving. I need a treat too now and then.

peace, emily

Thanks Emily!
    I think I like the Omega 8005, and may get it, this will be interesting, I don't want to detox or anything, I don't understand what that is, is it just juicing in your body for a certain amount of time, and not having anything else? Sounds a lil scary.

Sorry you're having food allergies, strange that you can have certain things one month, and then can't eat them, I don't have any allergies to anything thank goodness, and I saw that thread on how too many greens can make you sick, I may just start out with the fruit, then then greens, just a little bit at a time, I love steamed veggies, at least I have a good steamer, even a microwave for that.

Is the stuff you call "green powder" just called that? what company is that? I do have a herbal and vitamin store near me, where I can find the flax seeds (I been adding that to my meals, just mixing it right on in) and not sure what a green powder is. Do you find Probiotics in the store as well, and is it in a can or something, or is that a type of vitamin?

I am now looking forward to juicing, and so is my daughter. We watched it on Dr. Oz one day when he was on the Oprah show, and he juices, and my daughter who is 14 has been wanting to try it for awhile now, so this will be good for us I'm sure.

Hugsss!
    ~Donna
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Hey
    Hey, Valerie.

Good to see a post from you and to know that you're doing well.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • 2bhealed
    2bhealed Member Posts: 2,064 Member
    tootsie1 said:

Hey
    Hey, Valerie.

Good to see a post from you and to know that you're doing well.

*hugs*
    Gail

Old Post
    Hi Gail....this thread is from April and was just brought forward recently....

Donna, I get probiotics from my coop. They're in the refrigerated section and need to be kept cold. The green powder is just my generic term for any green powder made by many companies. I have tried most out there....Kyo Green, Green Magma, Perfect Food, Barlean's Greens etc etc etc. Most recently I had just been buying wheat grass powder in bulk from my coop since it was the least expensive way to purchase it.

Detoxing is what happens when one ingests mostly juice and the body releases toxins that have been stored. We all carry toxins and often disease is a sign of toxic overload but it may just manifest in different ways for different people.

As for food allergies/sensitivities they often get misdiagnosed as other problems...for example, I had been eating gluten-free with my daughter so I made a big pan of cornbread that had no gluten grains in it. (it was quite yummy) and so for three days I was eating out of this pan of cornbread. On day four when i woke up I could barely get out of bed I was so stiff and creaky and it was painful to walk until I loosened up. I quit eating corn and the achy stiff went away. I also stopped eating any nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant). I get migraines from popcorn but not from cornbread. Since I didn't get a headache I thought corn was ok if I just didn't eat it as popcorn. How WRONG I was!

We get a delivery from a CSA of organic produce each week. We have been receiving a TON of tomatoes and peppers so my hubby has been popping tomatoes into his gullet like crazy and today told me he is so stiff now. That's inflammation. That's the body reacting and becoming sensitive but if he went to a doctor he may be told to take Ibuprophen (an NSAID) but I'm sure he wouldn't be told to stop eating nightshades (which are notorious for creating arthritis like reactions).

So people may not have anaphylactic reactions like I had to pnutbutter that landed me in the ER, but waking up stiff and achy and arthritic and in A LOT of pain IS a food sensitivity that may be diagnosed as something else. Headaches, migraines, stiff achy-ness, etc can be covert food allergies.

Some say that inflammation is a ROOT cause of most diseases. I agree.

Just some thoughts.

Good for you to get the Omega!

Happy Juicing!

peace, emily
  • elsie1966
    elsie1966 Member Posts: 3

Water Cure
    Naaaa.... don't be afraid of drinking regular water! Always keep in mind the source. If there's a buck to be made, someone is going to jump on the band wagon and run with it. The way I look at it... if it really and truly was a cure all, it would be mainstream by now and all the mainstream pharmaceutical companies would be selling it.

When it comes to these "cure all" ideas and experiments, I'm kind of like the Simon Cowell character when it comes to buying these ideas ;) Sure, there might be a gem in the rough that is going to be the huge star... but so many flops will come along first. So I just don't get too excited by these claims to fame ;)

I remember in the 90s, the big cure all was "colloidal silver"... and you could make it at home. You just had to get the right kind of silver, distilled water, sterilized containers, etc. I fell for it and we made it and drank it as the instructions on alternative medicine sites that specialized in it told us. It didn't do anything... no radical cures and no harm. Apparently it's been around since the 1930s and never did take off in mainstream medicine. That's when the little bell went off in my head. Just because someone says it's a cure-all and others jump on the band wagon and claim great things... doesn't mean it is ;)

Hugggggs,

Cheryl

i had bc my sons boss sells
    i had bc my sons boss sells the kangen water machine so he supplied me with alkaline water i had 4 3.5 hr treatments every other wk after my first treatment i walked my 6 miles and kept it up for the next 2 weeks never got sick at all thru all my chemo i had dytoxin and avastin some otherbut cant remember the name however, last time my husband picked up the water he told us that he couldnt just keep giving us free water that we had to buy a water machine but the cheapest is 1200 we just couldnt afford that so when i had my second chemo WOW!!! what a differance i could not get out of bed for 6 days i wasnt sick but extremely exausted so my husband went to him and told him about it and he gave us water for the rest of my chemo when i got the water i drank it right away and started getting around but i was still skeptical of this water machine told my husband well it was my second one and i had already been in bed for 6 days so on my third and fourth i made sure i had the water jist to see if it really helped and boy what a dfferance i was up not in bed constantly went for my six mile wlks every other day went to. concerts went out riding my scooter for hrs just lived as i normally did my neighbors and freinds could not. beleive i was going thru treat ment cause i was so active after seeing how i was and felt with and without the alkaline water i truely beleive it was the water that kept me active and never got sick or nausa all my. bloodwork was normal i am cancer free and i had triple negative which is very aggressive just had a radical mastectomy and 13 lyphnods taken out all which were negative i did end up buying an alkaline machine but not a kangen i found one they say thats as good as kangen its called the new cell ionizer alkaline water machine and its only a fraction of the kangen i wanted which cost 2300 i paid 775.00
  • keystone
    keystone Member Posts: 134 Member
    Shayenne said:

Thanks Emily!
    I think I like the Omega 8005, and may get it, this will be interesting, I don't want to detox or anything, I don't understand what that is, is it just juicing in your body for a certain amount of time, and not having anything else? Sounds a lil scary.

Sorry you're having food allergies, strange that you can have certain things one month, and then can't eat them, I don't have any allergies to anything thank goodness, and I saw that thread on how too many greens can make you sick, I may just start out with the fruit, then then greens, just a little bit at a time, I love steamed veggies, at least I have a good steamer, even a microwave for that.

Is the stuff you call "green powder" just called that? what company is that? I do have a herbal and vitamin store near me, where I can find the flax seeds (I been adding that to my meals, just mixing it right on in) and not sure what a green powder is. Do you find Probiotics in the store as well, and is it in a can or something, or is that a type of vitamin?

I am now looking forward to juicing, and so is my daughter. We watched it on Dr. Oz one day when he was on the Oprah show, and he juices, and my daughter who is 14 has been wanting to try it for awhile now, so this will be good for us I'm sure.

Hugsss!
    ~Donna

Hey Donna I have an Omega
    Hey Donna I have an Omega 8006 and love it!! Very easy clean-up and it juices the pulp dry. Emily is the person on here that convinced me to get my hubby juicing and we could not be happier! We use spinach,kale,carrots,beets and cabbage. We always add tumeric to it also. My hubby was stage 3 rectal and had surgery 3-25-11 he is on his last round of post chemo and we follow up mid december so I am hoping the juicing has made a difference! Thanks again Emily keep the juice vibes going!!!!! Stephanie
  • dove6
    dove6 Member Posts: 1
    Alkaline Water

Alkaline water can be purchased at the health food stores.

• SuzWeb
    SuzWeb Member Posts: 1
    My Alkaline Experience

Hello all.  I am new to the site, but this post caught my eye to the point that I pulled up a chair to hear what everyone had to say.  I very rarely read / post to forums, but I like this one... you all may be stuck with me.  lol.

Two years ago I was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer.  I underwent a lumpectomy, 6 months of chemo (adriamyicin, cytoxin followed by taxil... I have no idea how to spell any of them, sorry) then radiation treatments.

After some research I found the re occurrence rate to be too high for my liking so I set out to find natural alternatives.  That is how I got involved with alkaline/ionized water.

I met people just outside of Nashville who were selling the (expensive) machines.  BUT they did not push me into buying one.  They believe in giving the water away.  At least once a week, I would drive 2 hours one way to refill my 5 gal. jug.  This particular group of people opened a "Water Store" and do require a membership to offset the expenses of the store and the high volume of water they use.  It is a very reasonable monthly fee. 

Back to my personal experience.  I have been drinking the water now for about 4 or 5 months.  I have been thrilled in the difference in my daily life.  Many of the "chemo kickbacks" that I had been suffering from are now gone.  I had nose sores that would not heal...gone.  The neuropathy in my hands is gone and 90% gone in my feet.  The major leg cramps that would wake me up in the middle of the night... have not had a single episode!  The bouts of constipation...gone.  So it is definitely doing something for me!

In addition (this is my big convincing event), I have a 15 year old cat who was diagnosed with diabetes last winter.  He has to have insulin shots 2 times a day now.  Shortly after he was diagnosed, he started to loose the use of his back legs.  The vet said that it was muscle degeneration and it was a common symptom in animal diabetes.  I remembered the muscle degeneration I experienced with the taxil...  not fun!! very debilitating.  I tried a natural "hindquarter remedy" suggested by the vet...nothing, he continued to decline.  I gave him B12 with metholcobalamine daily...nothing.  He got to the point that he could only drag his legs behind him.  Being a 20 lb cat, that was very hard on him.  So, I changed his water.  I swear, that is the ONLY thing different!  And now he not only walks again, but runs, jumps and has the energy and attitude he did 13 years ago!!!   This stuff makes a HUGE difference.

The ionized/alkaline/micro-clustered water does not heal, as such, but it creates a balance in our body that allows our auto immune system to work properly.  There is a post in this thread about the effect of alkaline juicing... very well put. 

I thought about going with the raw diet and juicing, but, as one of the other readers, I had no idea where to start.  I work two jobs (which I love...who can say that? lol) and have a very hectic lifestyle, so time is one of my enemies as well.  I know, I know, I can make the time if it is important enough.  And I will.  Where to get, what to get, how much, ect... it is all a learning curve.  I am working on that curve, i appreciate the responses by the experienced "juice chick"!

With my recent experiences and the fact that I could find no one in my area who had one of these units, I did decide to carry on the tradition of the fine people of the Water Store.  I have purchased a processing unit by Enagic, (the guys found me a financing plan).  I compared different ionizers and methods and found that Enagic is definitely superior.  I am now giving water away left and right.  Many recipients are the same people I shared hours with in the chemo chairs and the waiting room.  Everyone that I have shared the water with are talking about how much better they feel, how much more energy they have, how much faster they recover, ect.   I plan on opening a store-front in this area (when I can get the finances to do so) and offering the water and green drinks, juicing, raw diet... any and everything natural that will help not only keep cancer away, but provide many healthy benefits. 

Of note, in my research I have been blown away at the responses by the AMA and the FDA.  Medicine is big business, that is why this has not gone mainstream.  Dont take my word, do your own research!  Google up natural or alternative cancer treatments.

I find it sad that most of us dont even think about looking at alternatives until we get the news that "cant happen to me."  I just watched an interview with Dr Lorraine Day that gives the statistic that one of every two people have or will be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime. 

For me personally, I am due for a 3 month check up with my oncologist and I will get a copy of my lab results and compare them to the last two.  I think it will be interesting.  I am still (and plan to stay) cancer free.

• thxmiker
    thxmiker Member Posts: 1,278 Member
    Shayenne said:

Thanks Emily!

Hugsss!
    ~Donna

I got the 350 verticle Omega

I got the 350 verticle Omega and we love it!  The first couple of times it takes a few minutes to get a part and clean.  After that it is a breeze!  We love our fresh juice daily!  We have several friends and neighbors juicing.   My only advice on a juicer, is buy a good one, because the cheap ones do not last if you are going to get serious and juice 5 times or more a week.   We went through 2 cheap machines and both lasted about 30 days. (one 31 days the other 30 days)  There is not a lot of waste compared to other types of juicers.

On the alkalized water, we use a RO filter.  Supposedely that is alkalized.  As an engineer I can not figure out the chemistry of  "Alkalized" water.   I got the RO system because we are in a small mountain town and I do not necessarily trust ground water and filtering.  

Eat healthy and exercise will get one a long way to building their immune system.  It does seem simple.  We eat no boxed or prepackaged food.  Grow a much as we can in our garden, and pressure can the rest for the winter months. I have become a canning nut!  We turned our back yard into a food making garden.  I figured we had to water and cut it any way.  Why not make fresh veggies?  The garden keeps me active, and gives us fresh food. We are up to 4 miles walking every night on the mountain trails.  

Best Always,  mike

• thxmiker
    thxmiker Member Posts: 1,278 Member
    thxmiker said:

I got the 350 verticle Omega

I got the 350 verticle Omega and we love it!  The first couple of times it takes a few minutes to get a part and clean.  After that it is a breeze!  We love our fresh juice daily!  We have several friends and neighbors juicing.   My only advice on a juicer, is buy a good one, because the cheap ones do not last if you are going to get serious and juice 5 times or more a week.   We went through 2 cheap machines and both lasted about 30 days. (one 31 days the other 30 days)  There is not a lot of waste compared to other types of juicers.

On the alkalized water, we use a RO filter.  Supposedely that is alkalized.  As an engineer I can not figure out the chemistry of  "Alkalized" water.   I got the RO system because we are in a small mountain town and I do not necessarily trust ground water and filtering.  

Eat healthy and exercise will get one a long way to building their immune system.  It does seem simple.  We eat no boxed or prepackaged food.  Grow a much as we can in our garden, and pressure can the rest for the winter months. I have become a canning nut!  We turned our back yard into a food making garden.  I figured we had to water and cut it any way.  Why not make fresh veggies?  The garden keeps me active, and gives us fresh food. We are up to 4 miles walking every night on the mountain trails.  

Best Always,  mike

another 2 cents

We added juicing to our diet for the added micro/macro nutrients.  Juicing made more sense then taking a vitamin that is a chemical composistion that we are not really sure if we are absorbing.   We use the RO Filter because it makes the water taste good, and frees the water of chemicals.

There are no exciting smoke and mirrors reason(s) for why we made these choices. I know we are boring. ;)

Best Always,  mike

PS  As John23 as quoted many times, the Body will neutralize all Ph in the stomach. So, I am confused by the acid/alkalie argument.  As far as food is concerned the acid/alkalie argument is really about Sodium Chloride vs Potassium Chloride.  Many have to much Sodium Chloride and need to start using Potassium chloride in their diets.

• ellgee1
    ellgee1 Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2017 #31
    Ionic / alkaline water

I too have been curious about Alkaline/ionized water.    I asked myself, do we need a expensive new fangled device to get it.  First off, ions are everywhere, in everything.   Do we need special water for "more"?   Now how about the alkaline?  More alkaline does effect the ionic movement.  Why does the metal park bench at the park get blistering hot in the summer and freezing cold in the winter?  The ions in the metal are moving differently due to the temperature.   So what is better, hot or cold ionic water?  Do we know?   Doesnt water contain ions anyway?

Do we need anything special for create an alkaline envornment?  Most of us have a dirt cheap making our own "akaline" water and itss sitting in a cupboard or in the back of the fridge.  Its baking soda.   Our tap water is ph balanced at about 7.0,  so simply adding an eighth of a teaspoon of baking soda to a gallon of tap water (filtered or not) is going to raise the ph level signifigantly.    Do a home test, take a teabag (green or chammolille  tea is better since its pale) and place it in a cup of regular water and one with a pinch of baking soda and let it sit for about a half hour.  Which is darker?  Why is it darker?  Because the alkaline enviornment is reacting with the ions in the water (and also the tea leaves).       I have been making alkaline green tea for a couple months now and it has become my 'go to" beverage.  I feel great, my stomach issues have lessened (acid indigestion),  though it hasnt cured my chemo induced neuropathy or completely cured my chemo brain, but I can say, this yeear I didnt get a flu shot (yeah, risky for us cancer survivers) an simply drank alkaline tea with local honey.    I hope this helps any cancer surviver, if you aree undergoing chemo, pleasee check with your physician before alkalining your water, even with a small amount of baking soda, it could alter or change how chemo is affecting your body or attacking the cancer cells.