I have missed something

Mikes Sunshine
Mikes Sunshine Member Posts: 129
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I am sorry but I have not been on in a few days. I have missed something for sure. It's about Kourtney. The last post I saw was from her friend saying she had died in the hospital. I spent the whole weekend thinking of her and her family. I was so upset when I read that I have a daughter the same age and I could think about is how young sheis. Now i HAVE READ A FEW POSTS that the whole thing was a hoax. I can't find any of the old post listed not even the one the said she died from a couple of days ago. Someone please fill me in.

Nancy

Comments

  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143
    The hoax
    Nancy, it was probably a good thing that you missed all the drama, although I'm sorry that you were needlessly saddened by Kourtnee's "death." Not to rehash the whole thing here, but the story of her lung mets and death was a hoax. After several people became suspicious and started questioning Kourtnee's friend Melody about the hospital's address, etc., Kourtnee returned in the form of "joggergirl" and claimed that she had not been logged in for a week. Her story was that her mother had logged onto her account and perpetrated the whole fraud. After several exchangs between joggergirl and several members of CSN, she announced that she was angry at us for not believing her innocence and was leaving the site. That is where the story ostensibly ends for now...

    The older posts were probably deleted by ACS who say that they are doing (or have done) their own investigation into the matter. They will not release their finding as far as I know.

    Crazy,huh?

    Mimi
  • tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
    missing
    Hi Nancy ... yes ... you did miss something. I'm sure you could have caught up by reading past posts except that many posts have been deleted. The main thing is ... Kourtnee did not die. At this point it appears it might have been some kind of hoax/cruel prank. At some point Kourtnee attempted to explain that all of the hospital drama posts were written by her mother who had hacked into her computer.

    I doubt that we will ever know what really happend ... but the whole event drained many of us emotionally. I think we have all come back around and realize even though something like that happened ... it should not scare any of us away. We need each other. We need to trust each other.

    And hopefully ... we'll get back to the comfortable family we were before the incident.

    hugs.
    teena
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Just a cruel hoax/scam
    It was just a cruel/hoax scam from a he/she/it. Most of the posts have been removed by the CSN network. We are all just trying to move past it and stop talking about it as it only brings back unnecessary pain and regrets. So, no need to worry..just a sick joke. So, have a great day and think only good thoughts!
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Hoax
    Mimi explained all the details, so I don't really have anything to add. Except that I am sorry, Nancy, that you, too, were hurt by this scam.
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Hi, Nancy
    If the hoax/scam posts have now been deleted by the ACS CSN staff - I'm relieved. Although I am sorry you, unfortunately, were hurt needlessly, like so many of us. As of today, I've now been here just 2 weeks - the entire situation scared the crap out of me! Like others, I'm trying to forgive/forget/move on - with renewed trust. There's just too much that is good here within this wonderful group to allow one "bad apple" to spoil it for the rest of us.

    So, in the spirit of getting back to the REAL reason we're all here...

    If memory serves me correctly - you completed your chemo not long ago. How are YOU feeling, Nancy? Hoping OK. :-)

    Kind regards, Susan
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Really we don't know who is reading these posts even if they don't post themselves. This is why the CSN doesn't want us to post personal info. If you want to exchange personal info private messages (PM) are better. These posts are out there on the internet for years. I think they start about the year 2000.
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    How Are You?
    Nancy, like Susan, I was wondering how you are doing since your last chemo. I remember that you were going to hold off a bit on the radiation. I know it it has been a tough road, and I am sending positive thoughts and prayers your way.
  • Mikes Sunshine
    Mikes Sunshine Member Posts: 129
    Moopy23 said:

    How Are You?
    Nancy, like Susan, I was wondering how you are doing since your last chemo. I remember that you were going to hold off a bit on the radiation. I know it it has been a tough road, and I am sending positive thoughts and prayers your way.

    Thanks for the info
    Thank you all for the information. I don't know how anyone could be so cruel. Moopy and Susan, I am feeling much better, thank you for asking. I am stillfeeling a bit tired at times. On Thurs I am going to get measured for the rads and to get the tattoos. So hopefully I will get started on the rads soon. One step to being closer to the end of this battle with the beast. Personally I have made so many friendships that mean so much to me to leave the site now. There is so much information and positive feedback that I will continue to come to the site. I look forward to staying in touch with my sister and brothers in PINK.

    Love, Nancy
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member

    Thanks for the info
    Thank you all for the information. I don't know how anyone could be so cruel. Moopy and Susan, I am feeling much better, thank you for asking. I am stillfeeling a bit tired at times. On Thurs I am going to get measured for the rads and to get the tattoos. So hopefully I will get started on the rads soon. One step to being closer to the end of this battle with the beast. Personally I have made so many friendships that mean so much to me to leave the site now. There is so much information and positive feedback that I will continue to come to the site. I look forward to staying in touch with my sister and brothers in PINK.

    Love, Nancy

    Glad You are Better
    That is great, Nancy. I am so glad you are feeling better and recovering from the chemo treatments and starting rads soon. You will be ahead of me--my first, preliminary appt is May 8. Jackie goes in for her first appt. tomorrow, and Mimi after her. Kristin and Jeanne and Noel are in rads now. So you will have plenty of company. Not to mention our sisters who finished a while back, or just finished recently. They have given lots of information already. I am going to try to take notes!
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Moopy23 said:

    Glad You are Better
    That is great, Nancy. I am so glad you are feeling better and recovering from the chemo treatments and starting rads soon. You will be ahead of me--my first, preliminary appt is May 8. Jackie goes in for her first appt. tomorrow, and Mimi after her. Kristin and Jeanne and Noel are in rads now. So you will have plenty of company. Not to mention our sisters who finished a while back, or just finished recently. They have given lots of information already. I am going to try to take notes!

    Nancy, the only thing you REALLY missed
    was refreshing, stimulating, wonderful and informative posts from all of your sisters! lol You do believe that, right? And like Moopy said, I am still in radiation treatments, so, if you need any help, just let me know. I will try and answer anything you ask. Wishing you the best!
  • seof
    seof Member Posts: 819 Member
    Don't feel bad, I missed it
    Don't feel bad, I missed it too, and I think I am glad. I hope you are doing well. seof
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Moopy23 said:

    Glad You are Better
    That is great, Nancy. I am so glad you are feeling better and recovering from the chemo treatments and starting rads soon. You will be ahead of me--my first, preliminary appt is May 8. Jackie goes in for her first appt. tomorrow, and Mimi after her. Kristin and Jeanne and Noel are in rads now. So you will have plenty of company. Not to mention our sisters who finished a while back, or just finished recently. They have given lots of information already. I am going to try to take notes!

    Nancy
    It is nice to see you again. I have been wondering how you are. I know what you mean about being tired OMG!! and i thought i might bounce back like Mimi (NOT!) I am hoping to regain some energy soon though. As Moopy says i do have a apt. with my onc. tomorrow and she will let me know when i go and where. I will have to find a place to stay in Billings Mt. and try to make it home on the Weekends but i will know more tomorrow and let you know. One more step we will all be going through together. I am so glad i have you all. Kristin, Jeanne and Noel will guide Moopy and you and I on our way..and we will stay in touch with new sets of questions and answers..and Thank God we will have all of our faithful and courageous survivor sisters. I don't know what i would do without any of you. All my love
    Our energy WILL return!! You have a good night Mike's Sunshine!
    hugs
    Jackie
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    rjjj said:

    Nancy
    It is nice to see you again. I have been wondering how you are. I know what you mean about being tired OMG!! and i thought i might bounce back like Mimi (NOT!) I am hoping to regain some energy soon though. As Moopy says i do have a apt. with my onc. tomorrow and she will let me know when i go and where. I will have to find a place to stay in Billings Mt. and try to make it home on the Weekends but i will know more tomorrow and let you know. One more step we will all be going through together. I am so glad i have you all. Kristin, Jeanne and Noel will guide Moopy and you and I on our way..and we will stay in touch with new sets of questions and answers..and Thank God we will have all of our faithful and courageous survivor sisters. I don't know what i would do without any of you. All my love
    Our energy WILL return!! You have a good night Mike's Sunshine!
    hugs
    Jackie

    I am in!
    I would be honored to help you guys in any way that I can. I don't know everything, but, I can certainly share what I am going thru with the radiation treatments. You will all do fine!
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Noel said:

    I am in!
    I would be honored to help you guys in any way that I can. I don't know everything, but, I can certainly share what I am going thru with the radiation treatments. You will all do fine!

    Dancing Kitty!
    TOO CUTE!!!

    :-)

    Kind regards, Susan