Trust and My Philosophy...

Options
mgm42
mgm42 Member Posts: 491 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I used to teach at a local university - mostly freshmen level courses. Some of my students were still in their high school mode, and when assignments were late, they would come up with some far fetched stories as to "why." However, there was one instance in which the "far fetched" story turned out to be true and that student needed my understanding, concern and support. From that moment forward, I didn't care if I was fooled 99 times out of hundred because if that 100th student truly needed and appreciated my help, then it was worth being fooled 99 times. And so it goes with the "Kourtnee" matter. The only difference is that WE are the 99 and "Kourtnee" is the 100th. We can't let that one or two or three "rotten apples" spoil it for the rest of us who need one another. So, thanks for all that you all have given me throughout this past year and half. I love you - Hugs, Marilynn

Comments

• chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    hi Marilyn!!!!
    Marilyn~
    What a wonderful way to look at things!
    How like you to give such an insightful post! It rather reminded me of a quote attributed to Johnny Appleseed~ "Even if I knew the world would end tomorrow, I would plant a tree today."
    I have gotten some nice feedback to the post entitled Good Thing I didn't take a Vow of silence! We are truly on the same page, and it's nice to be in your company!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way. You
    I feel the same way. You expressed it so well.
    Stef
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    I Agree 100%
    Marilyn, you are so right about not letting a Kourtnee keep us from being there for each other. It is like Claudia says: we lead with our hearts. In doing so we give to ourselves as well as to each other. A heart that is open can be hurt, but who wants to live with a heart shuttered by mistrust? Not us, we survivors.
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

I Agree 100%
    Marilyn, you are so right about not letting a Kourtnee keep us from being there for each other. It is like Claudia says: we lead with our hearts. In doing so we give to ourselves as well as to each other. A heart that is open can be hurt, but who wants to live with a heart shuttered by mistrust? Not us, we survivors.

Moopy
    That was beautifully

Moopy
    That was beautifully put.
    Stef
  • mgm42
    mgm42 Member Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Moopy23 said:

I Agree 100%

You are all the greatest....
    Thanks - I thought I might sound too much like Polly Anna. But that's truly how I feel. You are all so great - I love hangin' with you.
  • bfbear
    bfbear Member Posts: 380
    Options
    mgm42 said:

You are all the greatest....
    Thanks - I thought I might sound too much like Polly Anna. But that's truly how I feel. You are all so great - I love hangin' with you.

We Have to Stick Together!
    My philosophy is to believe the best about people until they prove me wrong. Each and every person gets their chance.
    I will not let this incident make me think otherwise.
    I love you all for your strength and courage and wisdom, and I am proud to be one of our group, even if "belonging" means having cancer and all that goes along with that.

With love and gratitude,
    Debi