General bone and muscle pain on Herceptin?

Options
hustleNbustle
hustleNbustle Member Posts: 9
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Does anyone here experience generalized all over pains in bones and muscles during and/or after taking a Herceptin infusion? Also - rushing in the head except it's not dizziness?

I am posting for a friend who does not have internet. Thanks.

Comments

• Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    You are a good friend...
    I do not have any first-hand experience with Herceptin. However, I can confidently state that many chemo drugs do cause these types of symptoms.

There are others here who have had/or are having Herceptin treatments. I'm sure someone will step forward in order to help you.

Again, you are a good friend.

Kind regards, Susan
  • tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
    Options

You are a good friend...
    I do not have any first-hand experience with Herceptin. However, I can confidently state that many chemo drugs do cause these types of symptoms.

There are others here who have had/or are having Herceptin treatments. I'm sure someone will step forward in order to help you.

Again, you are a good friend.

Kind regards, Susan

herceptin
    I have had 7 weekly treatements of taxol and herceptin and have had no pain. I have 5 more weekly treatments ... then taxol will end and herceptin will continue every three weeks for a year. If your friend is experiencing anything she feels is unusual or different ... or anything she is the least bit concerned about ... she should tell her oncologist right away. We all handle treatments in our own individual way ... so one person's experience may be totally different from another person's experience.

hugs.
    teena
  • ladybug22
    ladybug22 Member Posts: 646
    Options
    i was on herceptin for 1-1/2
    i was on herceptin for 1-1/2 years i had no prombles i finished this feb. .she should talk to her onc about this.wish her the best of luck
  • hustleNbustle
    hustleNbustle Member Posts: 9
    Options
    ladybug22 said:

i was on herceptin for 1-1/2
    i was on herceptin for 1-1/2 years i had no prombles i finished this feb. .she should talk to her onc about this.wish her the best of luck

gracias
    Thanks. I keep telling her to go tell her onc. but she is reluctant. Frustrating. I live in another city, so I can't go with her and advocate for her.

I will tell her again.
  • CR1954
    CR1954 Member Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options

gracias
    Thanks. I keep telling her to go tell her onc. but she is reluctant. Frustrating. I live in another city, so I can't go with her and advocate for her.

I will tell her again.

I am..........
    I am on Herceptin and I have not had any aches or pains from it, nor any rushing in my head.

I agree, it is something that she should discuss with her onc, as I believe he/she would want to know about it.

You are a very good friend, btw.

CR
  • tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
    Options

gracias

I will tell her again.

Not knowing
    Please keep telling your friend to talk to her doctor. I always believe it is better to know the truth than imagine the worst. If what she is experiencing are side-effects from herceptin it may be something very simple to take care of. I'm sure worrying about it is taking an emotional toll on your friend ... and that is not healthy.

good luck.
    teena
  • kartiae
    kartiae Member Posts: 16
    Options
    Herceptin
    Tell her to definately talk to the ONC. I had a severe allergic reaction to the Herceptin and I am a grade 2+. 3+ on the HER2/nue positive. So I am allergic to the only antibody I can have. Everyone's body reacts differently. And Herceptin is a very strong drug.
  • candican
    candican Member Posts: 24
    Options
    ask questions please
    I am currently taking Herceptin with no aches and pains. Just recently did another Muga Scann and my ocologist found a change in my heart function. He plans to do another one next month. If there is more changes, than he will stop the Herceptin. I feel do fine.

She needs to mention this to her oncologist. She maybe glad she did!!!

Also, it does cause your hair to thin.