how can we believe anything

Options
2»

Comments

• outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options
    I was caught up in it too!
    Kourtnee had me too. And my husband was telling me not to put any personal info on here like my first name or address. He said,you never know ,a lot of these people may not even be real-they may just want to trap you or something! I quickly said no,these people are for real on here and I trust them!He wasn't being mean,just didn't want me to get hurt and get scammed.
    I have to admit,when I first read everything after I was shocked,mad,and started wondering myself if I should stay on this.But it is still my nature to trust people for the most part,and I still feel so blessed by this discussion group and all of you and don't want to hang it up because of one bad apple!This group has gotten to be a lifeline for me sometimes!
    Hope you all have a good weekend!
    Love,Patty
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options

I was caught up in it too!
    Kourtnee had me too. And my husband was telling me not to put any personal info on here like my first name or address. He said,you never know ,a lot of these people may not even be real-they may just want to trap you or something! I quickly said no,these people are for real on here and I trust them!He wasn't being mean,just didn't want me to get hurt and get scammed.
    I have to admit,when I first read everything after I was shocked,mad,and started wondering myself if I should stay on this.But it is still my nature to trust people for the most part,and I still feel so blessed by this discussion group and all of you and don't want to hang it up because of one bad apple!This group has gotten to be a lifeline for me sometimes!
    Hope you all have a good weekend!
    Love,Patty

don't post personal info
    You should never put personal info on a public board. You don't know who is reading and not posting. These messages stay out here for years. I think they start about the year 2000. If you want to exchange personal info, better to do it in a private message (PM).
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Marcia527 said:

don't post personal info
    You should never put personal info on a public board. You don't know who is reading and not posting. These messages stay out here for years. I think they start about the year 2000. If you want to exchange personal info, better to do it in a private message (PM).

Very good & solid advice, Marcia...
    ... and a very timely & relevant reminder. Thank you.

Kind regards, Susan