Cancer Treatment Centers of America

Options
senecasub
senecasub Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
My wife has breast cancer which has gone to her bones. She has endured many types of chemotheropy over the last 6 years. It seems now that the hospital is ready to call it quits.

My daughter wants me to contact the Cancer Treatment Centers of America to see if they can help. Has anyone here used them and what are your feelings about them, good or bad.

Comments

• EveningStar2
    EveningStar2 Member Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    welcome
    So sorry for the reason that you are here.

I know nothing about the Cancer treatment centers but contacting them couldn't hurt. They may not take your insurance, be too far, etc. etc.. but then again they may have a plan that sounds good. Hopefully someone else knows something.

Maureen
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Have you tried assistance from the ACS?
    I know of the Cancer Treatment Centers of America; but, have no first-hand experience.

This might seem a bit obvious, since you're posting on an ACS forum - however, I must ask: have you directly contacted the American Cancer Society? Of course, the ACS does not provide medical treatment. But, it is a wonderful - the very best, I believe - source of assistance for cancer patients & cancer survivors. I'm sure they can at least provide helpful recommendations & suggestions to point you in the right direction.

Best of luck to you for your continued search. Hopes & prayers for your wife.

Kind regards, Susan
  • ritazimm
    ritazimm Member Posts: 171
    Options
    No experience with CTC
    Unfortunately I do not have specific experience with the Cancer Treatment Center either. But my father received care at the Kansas Heart Hospital for his heart (obviously) and I was very impressed in that the only thing the did was deal with heart issues. Everyone that worked there only dealt with heart patients and it was like a well oiled wheel. They really knew what they were talking about because they had dealt with every posibility at some point in time and there were no surprises to them. So, I'm thinking that a meeting with them might be worth a try.

Good luck and God Bless!
    Rita
  • Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    Options
    That's terrible
    I was talking with one of my students last week, and he volunteered to me (I make no secret of Moopy's situation with them) that his dad is being treated for colon cancer which has spread to his liver. His dad had been getting treated in Kansas City until the doctors there told him there was nothing more that they could do for him. Then his dad went to a hospital in Tulsa where he is being cared for very well. My student doesn't remember the name of the hospital off hand, but he does recall that the Tulsa doctor said that any doctor who says "Sorry, we've run out of treatments" ought to be kicked out of the profession.

So I urge you as a fellow husband and caregiver, don't let the weariness of a given set of doctors wear you and your wife out. If CTC doesn't work out or there's not one near you, there are other research hospitals where there are doctors who are ready and willing to help.

Best,
    Joe
  • senecasub
    senecasub Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Aortus said:

That's terrible
    I was talking with one of my students last week, and he volunteered to me (I make no secret of Moopy's situation with them) that his dad is being treated for colon cancer which has spread to his liver. His dad had been getting treated in Kansas City until the doctors there told him there was nothing more that they could do for him. Then his dad went to a hospital in Tulsa where he is being cared for very well. My student doesn't remember the name of the hospital off hand, but he does recall that the Tulsa doctor said that any doctor who says "Sorry, we've run out of treatments" ought to be kicked out of the profession.

So I urge you as a fellow husband and caregiver, don't let the weariness of a given set of doctors wear you and your wife out. If CTC doesn't work out or there's not one near you, there are other research hospitals where there are doctors who are ready and willing to help.

Best,
    Joe

Thanks
    Thank you Joe. You've given me good advice.

Dennis C.
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    It never hurts to call and
    It never hurts to call and find out if the Cancer Treatment Center of America could help. It is only a phone call. I would never let your wife give up...keep going! Good luck!