Tamoxifen or Not?

Options
13»

Comments

• llgordon
    llgordon Member Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi, I'm just checking in to

Hi, I'm just checking in to see if you stuck with tamoxifen.  I am hormone receptor postive and pre-menopausal and I can't tolerate it.  I am currently not taking it for quality of life reasons (debilitating joint pain, depression, and vaginal fissures).  Let me how it worked out for you.  I am especially interested in the side effects premenopausal women face.

And for Kristin--can you tell me about your cancer? ER+ HER2+ grade, etc?  Thanks!

Thanks!

L

• Kats2
    Kats2 Member Posts: 126
    Options
    6 yrs later. How are you Kristin?

Hi Kristin,

How are you doing these 6 years later? Did you ever take a hormone-inhibitor? Tamoxifen has been around a very long time. I was on it for about 6 months with no problems. It didn't help my tumor markers go down and I got switched to Faslodex. I had already been on Arimidex with no problems for 1 1/2 years. It didn't help me much either. 

• Kats2
    Kats2 Member Posts: 126
    Options
    6 yrs continued

I'm really surprised that your insurance limits you to only ONE anti-hormone drug! That's not right. All I can say is that for the majority of women, there are very few side effects with Tamoxifen. My sister was on it for 3 years and then 2 years on Arimidex. She was fine with both drugs. She's a 16-yr BC survivor. 

I have the sneaky Lobular BC. I respond for a while on the anti-hormone drugs then my tms start going up. I've had 3 drug switches so far. Are your tumor markers being monitored? I hope so!

Let us know what you decided to do with the drugs. Also are you now cancer-free? That would be great!

Please let us know how you're doing!  Kats2

of women